Respected Contributor

Things to Throw Away

Respected Contributor

Re: Things to Throw Away Now

I'll get around to some of those one of these days. Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

I get most of these but why on earth mismatched mugs? I buy mine that way. I love the big chunky mugs so I buy one here or there that I like and have them in my cabinet. Do they need a matching mug to make them usable? lol. I guess I'm missing the point in that one.

And for things covered in a layer of dust, I have to dust my house every single day or it has a layer of dust on it. But the rest of those are pretty good.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Clothing that you haven't worn in years.

Honored Contributor

Do you seriously need someone to tell you things in your home that you need to get rid of?

I think this is something any adult should be easily able to ascertain on their own. I also think if someone is emotionally connected to something - even if it's old and ragged they should keep it because gaining the space it takes up isn't worth the emotional trauma. So, yes, even though I am a first class purger,I do keep some useless items because I love them, and no other reason. Sometimes I'm just attached to something because I've had it such a long time. It becomes a part of how I see myself.And that is enough reason to keep things.

Honored Contributor

Expired coupons

Piles of copies of recipes never used

Years of old magazines collecting dust

pens with no ink

countless memos pads or scratch pads for notes

I got rid of these things listed above plus most on the OP’s list.

Honored Contributor

That reminds me that I need to clean out my freezer!!!!  Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Qgirl26

As for the layer of dust, I can remember telling my mother that I considered it a protective coating....she didn’t buy it !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@FlowerBear

8 spatulas and 4/canopeners:  let me introduce you to my DH the cook.  He has more unopened packages of pans and accessories than you could imagine !  I simply put similar items in containers and out into the garage for him to deal with in a few years or decades !

Last big issue:  where did all the old cups and mugs go ?  They were replaced with the 8 brand new cups that came with the set of dishes bought last year ( his selection )...

When I need room in the kitchen cabinets and there is only one of an item standing in my way....it MAY get broken.......

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

If I completed the entire list I believe there would be a distinct echo in my home.  Not to mention I may have days not dressed modestly due to a lack of items.

Still I do try during the winter months to tackle at least one drawer, closet, or cubby hole every weekend to keep the clutter saved to a minimum.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."