Respected Contributor

Re: Things that make you laugh...

@Houstonoilers wrote:

Found it!  I keep track of the number of pages so I don't repeat looking at the same pages  The last time I looked at Things that Make You Laugh, it had 234 pages.  Now there are 195 pages - ?

@Houstonoilers it's weird,  right? Something strange is going on with this thread. I have floated it to the top, per @dooBdoo's instructions so it shows up at the top of this forum when I'm signed in but I don't see it at all when I'm not !

Honored Contributor

Alec Baldwin is the winner for me--watched--again!!--the movie It's Complicated with him and Meryl Streep and Steve Martin. and then anytime he does his impressions of the big doofus in DC for SNL---I am in tears laughing so hard!!!!! 

Honored Contributor

You're welcome, @LoveMyBaby and @Caligurll!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Texasmouse wrote:

@Houstonoilers wrote:

Found it!  I keep track of the number of pages so I don't repeat looking at the same pages  The last time I looked at Things that Make You Laugh, it had 234 pages.  Now there are 195 pages - ?

@Houstonoilers it's weird,  right? Something strange is going on with this thread. I have floated it to the top, per @dooBdoo's instructions so it shows up at the top of this forum when I'm signed in but I don't see it at all when I'm not !

@Texasmouse,  The thread is broken.   It appears that parts of it are missing and whatever caused it to happen resulted in broken internal links in the database, and now even though new posts are added it won't show up with the other active threads.   I seriously doubt the IT support folks will take time to investigate and fix this, unfortunately.  Other than floating the thread to be sure to see it after logging in, I don't see any other options.

Take care, and have a lovely evening.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Watching the show...."Whose Line Is It Anyway".  Funny, clever, impromptu, sometimes a tad raunchy!! 

Often wonder, how those minds can come up with their response/performances on the spot!!!

Valued Contributor

@wagirl @corita 

Huge Steve Martin fan as well as WLIIA?. Love Ryan Stiles!

Frankly when I list out (in my mind) who the most attractive men are, Ryan is at the top of the list. He's tall (check), lanky (check) incredibly intelligent (check) and the most amazing sense of humor (triple check). Definitely my dream guy lol

I spent many hours during the "wild" years listening to Steve Martin's live King Tut album. Our entire circle of friends could quote it, and we often did. 

Also loved him in the movie "Parenthood".

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@SunSprite----I loved Steve Martin in Roxanne too---yeah I am a product of the original SNL shows when he did his arrow thru the head and King Tut gags----I need to watch that movie again!!! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Texasmouse 

The thread is still open and active, but it appears there's a website glitch -- today's posts on the thread aren't moving it up in the forum.

I added a new post to the thread, but still it's not appearing here among the discussions most recently active.

Try this link, and see if you can add a comment:

Happy to see we're still posting.  That last batch had some gems! Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~