Honored Contributor

Things That "Chip Away" Your Summer?

I LOVE summer.  The warmth of the sun, the flowers and birds that add beauty to the world after a long winter's nap.  

Here it's July 20th and I just got a Halloween advertisement!  UGH!!!

Really! 

"Go back to the part of the calendar where you belong!!!"!

Respected Contributor

Re: Things That "Chip Away" Your Summer?

@ECBG wrote:

I LOVE summer.  The warmth of the sun, the flowers and birds that add beauty to the world after a long winter's nap.  

Really! 

It reminds me of all of the "Christmas in July" programming.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Really! 

I couldn't agree with you more. And in the middle of a record-breaking heatwave. 😮

Stupid Spirit Halloween ads up around the city. 

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Really! 

Can relate---- for me it's also,  "back to school" sales - geez.

⚓️
Trusted Contributor

@ECBG 

Interesting post .. UGG is right about Halloween . . huh?  Seems the advertisements arrive earlier each year.  

I also, look forward to summer for the beauty, travelling, flowers, outside dining, stopping at farm stands, etc.  I love to sit out on my glider on the deck having coffee, or with my little girls.

What really chips away for me is the stinkin humidity!  I really lose my energy level.  It also invites the insects more.  I've never been able to take the high heat, humidity.  But, it is what it is & summer will be gone all too quickly.  So, I've made up my mind to appreciate it as best I can.  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine wrote:

@ECBG 

Interesting post .. UGG is right about Halloween . . huh?  Seems the advertisements arrive earlier each year.  

I also, look forward to summer for the beauty, travelling, flowers, outside dining, stopping at farm stands, etc.  I love to sit out on my glider on the deck having coffee, or with my little girls.

What really chips away for me is the stinkin humidity!  I really lose my energy level.  It also invites the insects more.  I've never been able to take the high heat, humidity.  But, it is what it is & summer will be gone all too quickly.  So, I've made up my mind to appreciate it as best I can.  Woman Wink

@ScenicMaine Bugs, ugh!!!!Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

halloween can't come soon enough........this weather is ridiculous.......

Trusted Contributor

I'm sooo looking forward to Monday when this heat wave is supposed to break in PA!
Trusted Contributor

I like the idea of summer and what it felt like as a child, but not the reality of it now.

I told my husband it might as well be 20 F because at 98 F we are still stuck in the house and I'm still wearing a sweater.

Dreaming of Fall.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Summer fans are welcome to it, but where I am it's sweltering... This rotten, stifling, steamy weather is chipping away at my summer and making me long for fall... It's just gruesome and there's nothing idyllic about it... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...