Honored Contributor

Re: There's A Sucker Born Every Minute

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

I'm on the opposite fence here with this.  It's nice that you did that, but if it was me, and I am a nice helping person to others, but I have to say I never would have driven this woman home at all, much less, walked inside her house.  People come in all sorts of shape, sizes, and colors today and she could have very well pulled a gun or a knife on you and killed you.  Enough said.

The sad part is that all the posters who are telling this woman sweet and lovely things know that what she did was dangerous and that she put herself at risk and that the story that drunk or druggie told wasn't even believable.  They themselves would not have done what OP did.  If the story is true, OP doesn't need encourgement, she needs the truth.  She has those "not in my town" blinders.  

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't read all of the posts, but maybe she had mental imparement, and was confused about what was said by whom.

I would have called 9-1-1 myself and said that she was having a heart attack, or something.

How would I know if she was or wasn't?

I'm not a medical professional.

In no way would I have let her drive home.

Either way, she is in dire need of professional help.

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for supportive words.  Doesn't make me less angry at myself, but I'd rather that we helped her home than left her there.  I just couldn't walk away.  Either way, I would have lost sleep over it.  So early bed tonight will be needed ... that's not so bad. 

The other woman that helped really felt like we did something good and upon getting out of my car she said "see, God puts angels among us -  he will reward you."  She was so sweet and caring.  I know she just lost her husband recently.  I'm glad she didn't know what i know Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Well, I am not going say pretty things to make you feel better.  Others might, I won't.  You behaved foolishly to the point that I sort of don't believe this story.  Didn't the the idea that the police cursed at her tip you off..LOL   You claim to live in small town, well does your small town have police who curse and verbally abuse people who call for help in emergencies?  Do they?  Why would anyone, especially a 100lb elderly woman approach a car with the engine running and a person slumped over the wheel?  Wasn't your first inclination to call the police or an ambulance?  Instead you had conversation with a person you didn't know who told some unbelievable story and went home with her....LOL  I can't repeat this story because people would think I was lying...LOL   No one would behave so foolishly, no one would put themselves in danger like that.  If you really did, you need somet type of help.  The saving grace from this story is that you were not attacked, killed or robbed.  You just gave a drugged woman a ride home.  If the story is true.  Wise up lady.  There are bad people and crime in every town in America, even your pretty little town.

@chrystaltree

You're right Chrystaltree.

The other woman could have been in on the scam, and they both could have attacked the o/p once they got to the woman's house.

Esteemed Contributor

@makena wrote:

Thank you all for supportive words.  Doesn't make me less angry at myself, but I'd rather that we helped her home than left her there.  I just couldn't walk away.  Either way, I would have lost sleep over it.  So early bed tonight will be needed ... that's not so bad. 

The other woman that helped really felt like we did something good and upon getting out of my car she said "see, God puts angels among us -  he will reward you."  She was so sweet and caring.  I know she just lost her husband recently.  I'm glad she didn't know what i know Smiley Happy

@makena

Don't you get it?

The whole thing could have been a scam, with the other woman in on it, and once they got you inside, there could have been other people waiting to beat you up, rob you, RAPE you, stab you, KILL you.

Nobody would have ever seen or heard from you ever again!

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 What channel is that on?

Honored Contributor

I don't think you are a sucker. It sounded like you really didn't know who she really was even if your town is small.

You offered her assistance which is good.  Don't beat yourself up. you did what you were taught, help a person in distress.  

That gal has burnt  all her bridges. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Well, I am not going say pretty things to make you feel better.  Others might, I won't.  You behaved foolishly to the point that I sort of don't believe this story.  Didn't the the idea that the police cursed at her tip you off..LOL   You claim to live in small town, well does your small town have police who curse and verbally abuse people who call for help in emergencies?  Do they?  Why would anyone, especially a 100lb elderly woman approach a car with the engine running and a person slumped over the wheel?  Wasn't your first inclination to call the police or an ambulance?  Instead you had conversation with a person you didn't know who told some unbelievable story and went home with her....LOL  I can't repeat this story because people would think I was lying...LOL   No one would behave so foolishly, no one would put themselves in danger like that.  If you really did, you need somet type of help.  The saving grace from this story is that you were not attacked, killed or robbed.  You just gave a drugged woman a ride home.  If the story is true.  Wise up lady.  There are bad people and crime in every town in America, even your pretty little town.

@chrystaltree  I so agree with you.  It is dangerous out there and the criminals know every  trick and scam to get us to where they want us to be. There is no safety in small towns either, bad people come there because they know that people feel safe and will fall for their story.  Call the police and get the heck out.  You've done your good deed.

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care