Honored Contributor

Re: The power of our words....

@QVCkitty1@I think the same way as you.I don't know why people will give others the power to control their emotions.I always feel bad for the people who let others spoil their day and wish that I knew of a way to help them realize that they have the choice to not be affected.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@QVCkitty1@I think the same way as you.I don't know why people will give others the power to control their emotions.I always feel bad for the people who let others spoil their day and wish that I knew of a way to help them realize that they have the choice to not be affected.

I hope that I didn't come off as glib, as I know that this is a problem for many people. I was ultra sensitive as a child, but I had a mom who always had my back, and this gave me confidence. I will never know the pain that some of you have experienced, but just remember no one has the right to make you feel less than you are. Forgive me if I gave a different impression.🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately these days not zipping it is a terrible epidemic. Has anyone ever heard that song by Eric Church-Kill A Word? I love that song.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Valued Contributor

@QVCkitty1, you my dear are a class act!Thank  you for  saying what you really meant to. A good mother is a gift indeed.You  are very blessed..Thanks again ,a hug,   Maryanne 

Esteemed Contributor

Amen. I had written a reply to this post, but I will just say, yes, you are absolutely correct.

And there are those who say things that anyone would be offended by, yet if you are offended something is wrong with you.

I have put up with a heck of a lot out of certain in laws, kept my mouth shut, as to keep peace. But, one of them said something completely out of line and uncalled for to my sweet father a few weeks ago. I heard it, and was in such shock I couldn't think of what to say. But, I am done. Finished as burnt toast.

There are some folks who I need out of my life, for my mental and emotional well being. Its not gonna be easy, but I know I will be better off.

Guess I wrote more than I was originally going to.

@Keeper of the koi, you have a beautiful soul and I'm glad you are here.

If only people would think before they spoke. In my particular situation, some people don't feel the need to think before they speak, as they *think* they know it all.

Honored Contributor

@Keeper of the koi wrote:

@QVCkitty1, you my dear are a class act!Thank  you for  saying what you really meant to. A good mother is a gift indeed.You  are very blessed..Thanks again ,a hug,   Maryanne 

And a hug right back to you.🌷

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I don't generally post very much, but I read a lot of the posts.  What I have read in the last several minutes really blessed me.  You all sound like loving, caring women and it is so refreshing!  Thank you for blessing me today!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Valued Contributor

And the moral of this story...We all are struggling ,rich ,poor single ,married children ,  pets..Next time you look up and see a face ,think of your own struggles, you are not alone..Smile ,be kind ,listen ,learn and love like crazy.Love you all...Maryanne 

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Sweetie you never came off as glb, I just wanted to let you and others know how some people do not have the courage or the support of people that stand behind them to ward off those who might attack them over and over.

And I must reiterate if any of you see an adult/child being bullied and it seems they are scared/overwhelmed please do not stand by and say nothing, come to their aid and show them that not everyone in this world feels the need to attack, that there are people out there that care, it just might give them the courage they need to look inside themselves to find the courage they never know they had if it ever happens again!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Blessings