Esteemed Contributor

Re: The power of our words....

@mistriTsquirrel Oh your story just breaks my heart, at this point listen to what your doctor says!

I am very lucky to have a husband that supports me, but outside of him I have only 1 friend and she lives in another state, locally I have nobody, so I spend so much time alone (husband works long hours) and that in itself is depressing, my only advice is to do what is best for you, every person is different in how they deal with depression, and as you know it can be very dibilitating believe me when I say I know how hard it is some days just to get out of bed!

Remember I am here for you, reach out anytime, and please believe me when I say I care Heart!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @CareBears.  Heart

((hugs))

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@Keeper of the koi wrote:

I was  reading a book about ,when to say something and when  to  zip it.How words can affect others for long after the situation has passed.It is so very true.Our words can build up or tear down.Power like a knife.One of the books  questions, do I want to leave pain or happy when i walk away.Really important to read this for me , life can be painful enough without me adding to the pile.I thought i might share this here  with my friends.A moment of anger , can erase years of positive.I dont think its about getting tough to peoples words,getting tough also toughens the heart... Worth a moment of thought...  hugs, Maryanne 

~~~~~~~@Keeper of the koi,

You are more richer than GOLD, and I never say anything I do not mean. 

Every one could or should 'try' to learn something from what you have given, thus forth.

I was on a forum the other day, one that I do not frequent and asked about her husband (very ill, her mother in a nursing home, her health as I had known it-bad, then asked "IF I MAY ASK" when you feel comfortable, please reply). 

She replied back that this was not the place or time to ask, after a long concerned note of sincere thoughts, because she was worried about someone's cat.   ~?~

I had posted to her several years ago when she had no one and few were concerned about she. {A forum I am not on.}

((  She was there when we had health and wellness.))

I have all of the empathy for pets, also have known 'OF' this woman for several years.

She told the wrong person, myself, to speak about this on another forum.

I never knew her to venture away from [said forum] that she was secure with, having 1 woman whom she followed daily. The only friend to my knowledge.

Yes, I could have told her how rude she was but instead I chose a NO - "this conversation has ended"! She would not have known the difference.

People have lost their beauty of passion, their integrity, their manners, a vast poverty of knowing when someone actually is concerned, especially when I knew this woman was for a better choice of words..."ALL ABOUT HER". 

I certainly appreciated your words of gentle hugs and how to approach a dilemma in the course of someone trying to begat an argument. It happens. Thank YOU ```for your courage``` in telling a personal event.

I had not run into anything such as this, and have told many, here, I will not provoke or argue with anyone. 

This is something, I thought that you should be complimented on.   Heart~

Heartlove, 

NAES     Woman Happy~

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mistriTsquirrel Hi, just checking in with you to see how you are doing, and to remind you how important you are in this world,  to let you know that I think about you, include you in my prayers, and that I care!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, @CareBears!!

Thank you very much.

Today I managed to leave the house to go to the grocery store, so maybe it's working.  LoL

Hugs to you. Heart

I also wanted to mention that I have a thread in Wellness titled "Depression" that has been up for quite some time.  Stop in if you would like. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mistriTsquirrel I am so happy for you, getting out going grocery shopping is a HUGE step, see I told you that you are an amazing person, and I know that you are a strong, caring and determined person as well, one step & one day at a time, slow & steady!

I had seen that thread last night when I was mentioned, I myself had a rough day yesterday and needed to go back to previous notes and re-read some of the exercises I should  never have stopped doing but I became too confident, so today I basically start a new day and dig deep into my soul to find the person I had slowly allowed myself to become,   not the scared, lonley, and ashamed soul I had once been, I know the new improved me is somewhere, I just need to discover her again!

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears

Yes, I have to start doing exercises for my vestibular disorder again...I can feel it.  Not looking forward to it, but at least I know what's wrong and what to do about it.

It sure does feel like a huge chore to do some of these things, doesn't it?