Honored Contributor

Re: The next person who says this abouy my husband is going to get PUNCHED!

@Sooner wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Huge HannahA medical condition is not a joke.  You might want tocall and  ask the name of his/her supervisor/manager or the administrator of the medical office and file a complaint.  It will stop this from happening again.  I am sorry that you were subject to this rude behavior.  This is not funny or professional.

No, no and no again... Let's save the filing of complaints for situations that actually warrant it...  The doctor was corrected and that's really all that was necessary... No need for retribution... Sheesh... 

@stevieb  This whole thing reminds me of another of our old friend posters we haven’t seen recently and some of her issues with doctors. 

Yes...just figured out who the OP is 

Valued Contributor

@september wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Huge HannahA medical condition is not a joke.  You might want tocall and  ask the name of his/her supervisor/manager or the administrator of the medical office and file a complaint.  It will stop this from happening again.  I am sorry that you were subject to this rude behavior.  This is not funny or professional.

No, no and no again... Let's save the filing of complaints for situations that actually warrant it...  The doctor was corrected and that's really all that was necessary... No need for retribution... Sheesh... 

@stevieb  This whole thing reminds me of another of our old friend posters we haven’t seen recently and some of her issues with doctors. 

@september The OP posts exactly like "FuzzyFace" aka MissLorraine or MrsLorraine imho.

Honored Contributor

@september

Not sure who the posters you are referring to are they the same person as Happy Housewife aka the woman with her birthday as her sn?

Or is this another return to life poster

@esmeesmerelda wrote:

@september wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@september The OP posts exactly like "FuzzyFace" aka MissLorraine or MrsLorraine imho.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Why would the poster need another name though? I think I remember reading MsLorraine or however it was..and I don't recall her having a husband but took care of her mom til she had to go into a Nursing Home?

That said - I can understand being upset that your MD was joking at the expense of your husband. I wouldn't of liked anybody insinuating my husband was an abuser either but you handled it and I do not think he will make that mistake again.

Filing complaints isn't the route to go and it takes up our valuable resources that could truly be used in serious issues.

Honored Contributor

@esmeesmerelda wrote:

@september wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@esmeesmereldaYes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It seems to be a standard question that all DRs ask nowdays FIRST...."Are you safe at home?" is the no.1 thing they ask when you go in for any injury.I bruise very easily too....growing up people thought my Mom did a whole lot of beatin' on me (NO she didn't) and Mom use to tell me (and LOL) the fairytale about the princess and the pea. I was that black and blue tom boy princess! Just ignore rude people who ask nosey questions. They aren't worth a punch! I think your DR. meant well but did not handle it well. It should have been asked in private.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't real all the posts, but I can understand your feelings, @Huge Hannah

My mom had a similar condition, she bruised and bled so easily.  On one of our trips to the doctor, the doctor asked Mom if my dad had caused the bruises.  Of course, knowing my dad was one of the gentlest people on Earth, I jumped to his defense and said something to that effect.  The doctor turned to me and said, "I'm not asking you".  It was rather off-putting, but I guess it's good that the doctor took the time to inquire.  In no way would I ever consider it to be a joke of any kind, but people don't need to have bad intentions to say dumb things.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@september

Not sure who the posters you are referring to are they the same person as Happy Housewife aka the woman with her birthday as her sn?

Or is this another return to life poster

@esmeesmerelda wrote:

@september wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@I am still oxox, she's posting as loves roses now.