Honored Contributor

Unprecedented...hearing that used a lot by the media.I think it is getting old.

Valued Contributor

Fluid- everything is now a fluid situation. 

Reaching out- we don't speak to others we now reach out.

Millennials- All about me.

It starts with one person saying something on the 24 hour news cycle and it spreads like wildfire.

Esteemed Contributor

Tired of media and media coverage and media language.  I am not sure if they are reporting the news or making it up.  I watch reruns of old programs from a calmer time.

Valued Contributor

The use of the word doesn't bother me because there have been a lot of unprecedented events in the news lately.

Honored Contributor

We're living in unprecedented times, truly mind boggling.  So, the word is not being overused.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had my fill of click bait articles. They always begin with "bomshell" and "reveal". Then the article has 0 to do with the headline.

Journalism has gotten so bad I now have to google words for their meaning and I have a college degree.

Trusted Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Tired of media and media coverage and media language.  I am not sure if they are reporting the news or making it up.  I watch reruns of old programs from a calmer time.

OMGOODNESS - I am with you on this !  I don't know what to believe anymore.  Some real, major diaster will occurr and I won't know if it is true or not. 

After the Election and everyone's complaints regarding the media you would think they would have received the message by now ... 

QVC Customer Care
Respected Contributor

The word isn't being overused. The events are unprecedented. It's hard to think of a more appropriate word for a lot of what's going on. 

Respected Contributor

The times require discerning citizens to know where they're getting their news. There is a lot of fake news on the Internet and you can't believe everything you read. Stick with REAL news outlets which  are staffed by professional, trained journalists. Avoid sources you don't know. And then listen carefully to be sure that the sources you choose are presenting both sides of an argument. It takes work, but don't blame the good journalists for the non-professional liars out there . Journalism, of course, is the fourth estate and part of the balance of powers but it takes an educated citizenry to evaluate the news and where they are getting it. Democracy is work! This is NOT political. It applies  to people of every belief and party.