Valued Contributor

Re: The nerve of that woman!

@magicmoodz wrote:

@chrystaltree 

Didn't you just post that you and your husband plan to push your retirement out to 70 - 72 so you can amass more money. To that I say be careful you might become this very woman.

But this is such a good story that reinforces my belief that at retirement age and if finances allow, it is time to pack it up. We have probably all known a colleague who has overstayed their welcome in the workplace.

@magicmoodz 

I tend to agree with you on this. I had a long career in t!he financial arena. One of our public relations ladies kept putting off retirement until it was obvious to everyone that senility was beginning to set in. She was 75 - well beyond normal retirement age. When she finally retired, within 3 months she was living in a nursing home. Never got to enjoy being retired.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Trusted Contributor

Re: The nerve of that woman!

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@chrystaltree 

Didn't you just post that you and your husband plan to push your retirement out to 70 - 72 so you can amass more money. To that I say be careful you might become this very woman.

But this is such a good story that reinforces my belief that at retirement age and if finances allow, it is time to pack it up. We have probably all known a colleague who has overstayed their welcome in the workplace.

@magicmoodz 

I tend to agree with you on this. I had a long career in t!he financial arena. One of our public relations ladies kept putting off retirement until it was obvious to everyone that senility was beginning to set in. She was 75 - well beyond normal retirement age. When she finally retired, within 3 months she was living in a nursing home. Never got to enjoy being retired.

Could be her job was her life, what she enjoyed?  Public relations sounds as if it could be interesting work. (This said by someone who was never involved with public relations.)  Personally, it is not my intention to work nearly that long due to health issues and the desire to spend time with family/ in retirment. 

Do the math.