Honored Contributor

Re: The nerve of that woman!

[ Edited ]

Oh, boo-hoo. I was an RN for 40 yrs., these issues go with the territory. Seems like you are quite involved in your husband's work issues, you seem obscessed with working until 70 or longer, money isn't everything.

Glad you have time to post such a lengthy post during your work day.

Esteemed Contributor

Your husband handled it and it is his issue not yours.  Seems like a lot of spent energy to vent/gossip about a person who has done nothing to you.  It's not he went in and upset your holiday plans.  Let it go.

Regular Contributor

Not sure that you posting this information on a public forum is appropriate. If your husband's workplace found out, it would look very unprofessional. Your remarks are scurrilous and not entirely factual. I am sure your husband's workplace would find this unethical.  Is he aware you have posted this?

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

It sounds to me like you are really angry about this. Perhaps you should talk to HR at her work place. Do not know if it would help,but try.

Do NOT do this. Spouses of the employee should NEVER contact HR about matters like this, ever.

Unless an employee is unconscious or cannot speak or is in jail and it has directly to do with the employee benefits, a spouse should NEVER contact the employee's HR dept.

Valued Contributor

@cotton4me I agree, it is a difficult process and some HR's have you jumping through so many hoops you do start to wonder if it is worth it. 

At our organization there is a real shortage of RN's. They would probably be more likely to ignore whatever issues....even if the RN was unpleasant to be around for her other coworkers. 

If the RN has been there 40 years then you do also run the risk of an age discrimination lawsuit. It's just a shame that others have to put up with it. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

LOL....what's your point? I guess you're just venting with an overly long and difficult to read diatribe. Sorry - I don't mean to be tacky, but you haven't exactly been the kindest to posters here with some of your comments in the past. And no, I won't be providing statistics or examples. Sorry to hear that your hubby is having a problem with someone he works with. I'm sure he'll deal with it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

There are slackers and manipulators in many workplaces. I think your husband should have dealt with her request in the way he felt appropriate and simply told you he handled a "work issue". To whine about it to his wife is pitifully immature for a person with a medical degree.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure most of us have worked with people like this and yes they drive us crazy.  Companies keep attendance records and excessive tardies and absence's and that's valid reason for firing.  The best one time excuse I heard is when a colleague was called to come in on a Sunday (and the Dallas Cowboys were playing) told his boss that he had a few glasses of wine and doesn't drive even after just a glass.  

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Started to read. Font too small and 1 very long paragraph. I'm out!

hckynut

Yes, long posts without paragraph breaks are difficult to read.

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

As you have pointed out to other posters, it's very hard to read without paragraph breaks. 

I agree.  I read the first few sentences and gave up.   With such a small font and no paragraphs, it was just too hard even with my glasses on.

I hope you got what you wanted though.