Honored Contributor

Re: The haunted phone inspired thread about " visitors"

My son is a sensitive. He sees spirits all the time.  Most of the time it is at night and in the early morning hours.  My husband has taken him to psychics in order to help him/us understand......and his purpose is to help spirits to crossover.  I am not comfortable with the sprit realm and worry about evil forces.  My son has never felt anything evil....knock on wood.  He does see dark shadow type people too....but he says they don't frighten him.  So.....we shall see.  Meanwhile, I am afraid of the dark and leap into my bed at night, especially after a horror movie.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

@MickD, that reminds me of the tv show, the medium. I think its cool your son has that ability.

It seems like I have read something about children being more prone to see things like that, because of their innocence. My daughter saw some things when she was an adult, but she hasn't really since being an adult. That I know of.

She is still sensitive, but I think she picks up more on things that are sometimes going on with people.

When she was about 6, we were walking on a dirt road where we live. She was on her bike and rode ahead of us quite a ways. When we got to her, she was off her bike, sitting on the road. (this was safe back then, but I wouldn't let her go ahead of us now) anyway, she told us, "there was an old woman here, she was calling her dog" Daughter said the elderly lady didn't seem to see her. We asked where she went, dd showed us, and it was a very grown up thicket full of stickers. No way. My husband found a place he could get thru, he couldn't find anything. It was a dirt road and we couldn't find any tracks where anyone had been Only ours.

There were no houses on the dirt road, just big fields on either side and at the end of the dirt road is a cemetery. And one old vacant house.

Honored Contributor

@happycat The psychic told my son that his gift will either decrease or increase.  He's 17. My mom was a sensitive too.  That is a freaky story about what your daughter saw!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

My youngest son and I see spirits.  I do not feel this is evil or bad.  It just is what it is.

All humans are made with a physical body and a "spirit."  Only our physical body dies, while our spirit lives on.

i have live in a house that had a spirit that lived with us.  I thought I was crazy and just seeing things that were not there, but my youngest son saw him too.

when we moved, the new family's youngest son saw the spirit too.  So, I know he does exist.

My son purchased a home a few years ago, he has " friendly spirits" who drop in occasionally.  He's okay with that, but wasn't happy when one tapped him on the shoulder in the basement.  He also doesn't' like when they drain his cell phone batteries.

years after my father died, we sold the family business.  The new owners reported a spirit to us.  When they told us what he was doing, we all knew right away that the spirit was my father.

i have been seeing things all of my life.  It is my normal.  It is not up to humans to decide that everything we don't understand is evil.  There is so much we don't know. We have to rely on our faith.

I know that I do not like to visit antique shops or purchase things from estates.  If the original owner was fond of something, they sometimes watch over their possessions.  There are many spirits in antique stores, that's for sure and I don't want them to follow me home.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie, loved your post. I totally understand what you are saying about antique stores.

Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think spirits stay around for awhile after they die. A week or so after my MIL died we started to organize things in her house and I could feel she was still there. I wasn't frightened and tried to not be uncomfortable, but it did give me a chill. A year later when we sold all her things and her house I couldn't feel her there anymore.

@blackhole99 I think spirits remain too, maybe for a long time. Interesting thread @blankette.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I do not like to visit antique shops or purchase things from estates.  If the original owner was fond of something, they sometimes watch over their possessions.  There are many spirits in antique stores, that's for sure and I don't want them to follow me home.

This is true for me, too. People judge me as a snob for not scouring various sales but I usually say I have to work instead of the real reason I dont acquire the posessions of others.

Valued Contributor

Very interesting that many do not like the antique shop vibe. I don't either, never have, immediately I feel a drain or something when I walk into one, so I dont. Garage sales, not as bad, but typically the owner is still alive and there in a lawn chair.

One of the events at home had me wondering if it was a pet that I lost suddenly about a year ago. The bath brush   that flew onto the floor was one I used on the dogs, the bucket  that tipped itself over was full of dog grooming things. I loved that little dog so much and he died in my room after having a bad reaction to a shot. However I did receive assurance that he had been "received" so I dont know why he would be knocking about but I do strongly believe in pet connections on all spiritual levels. The bucket was full of shampoos, very heavy and it was on a low shelf, I repeatedly put in different positions to test if it could tip over and there was just no way.

Valued Contributor

An update on the phone.......no activity lately.

Honored Contributor

I had a very weird experience yesterday.  I was browsing the Internet looking for information on a breed of dog, when for no reason, my I-pad opened on a page that had a picture and obit of a person I used to work with.

i never knew she passed.  I worked with her before I retired and she was very soft spoken and sweet.  I always enjoyed her company. I was so taken aback, I almost fell over.

this type of thing has happened to me many times, but not lately,