Valued Contributor

The haunted phone inspired thread about " visitors"

Hello all. I recently posted in electronics regarding my tracphone and some strange goings on. Some of the people suggested a thread where others could post any paranormal activity they felt they were having. So this thread will simply be to question, present and chat about such events . Since we cant really prove or disproove, lets be nice.

I mentioned in phone thread I did not need to make things up.... because on a regular basis I experience activity . So i will just start with the latest.

I havent had anything happen in the past few weeks thankfully. I was experiencing a string of things being thrown on the floor. I hate bending over to pick things up off the floor because I have lower back issues. For awhile I was just beside myself with how many things would end up on the floor, get a tylenol, it would fly out of my hand to the floor, open the fridge something would seemingly move and fall out onto the floor. This went on for weeks and weeks, the entire time I blamed my clumsiness. Then I began to talk to this in case there was a force doing it, telling it I did not appreciate it and more that I will not say here. Thats when it became apparent there was something as larger objects starting tipping themselves over. In the bathroom the hamper dumped itself out, a bath brush flew out of the basket onto the floor. A weird smell started coming up from the bathroom drain as well. Being a Christian I took it all up with the Lord, I considered a ghost buster but felt spiritually that did not line up with my beliefs. Oddly I was not extremely frightened , I did not feel highly threatened but I did not like it  either. I asked God to take care of it and put it before him and it is  now gone. But then stuff started on the phone.......but at least it isnt on the floor. Now, do you have a story to share?

Honored Contributor

Re: The haunted phone inspired thread about " visitors"

Interesting stories.  What is happening now on the phone?

Trusted Contributor

I'm a Christian also and believe there are demonic spirits in this world (I don't believe in ghosts or the paranormal) as Satan still roams this earth.  I'd just say "get behind me Satan and flee from me".

Honored Contributor

When my father died, after the funeral we were all sitting around the table in the dining room. The door to the kitchen was open and I could see a glass sitting on the island. I watched it as it lifted slightly and fall to the floor. A message from my father.

The things the OP describes, I would see as a warning from someone looking out for me. 

QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

@blankette

What happened with your phone?

Frequent Contributor

@blankette@ValuSkr@occasionalrain@Juniebugz@henderson

Interesting thread!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poltergeist

Poltergeist

"In folklore and parapsychology, a Poltergeist (German for "noisy ghost" or "noisy spirit") is a type of ghost or other supernatural entity which is responsible for physical disturbances, such as loud noises and objects being moved or destroyed.

They are purportedly capable of pinching, biting, hitting, and tripping people.

Most accounts of poltergeists describe the movement or levitation of objects such as furniture and cutlery, or noises such as knocking on doors.

They have traditionally been described as troublesome spirits who haunt a particular person instead of a specific location.

Such alleged poltergeist manifestations have been reported in many cultures and countries including the United States, India‚ Japan, Brazil, Australia, and most European nations.

Early accounts date back to the 1st century."

Esteemed Contributor

I know my old house was haunted. The stereo would come on while nobody was in the room, things would fall in kitchen, a strage light would come on and flicker in the hallway, that I could see from my bed.

What absolutley convinced me though, was my husband and I were both at work one day. The house had been deadlocked, every door. I come home and there in the dish drainer, was a large knife, which had been laying in the drainer, was setting blade side up. My husand and I couldn't get that knife stand in the position it was in when we found it.

A few years after we moved from that house, they found the body of a man in a field pretty close to the house. I don't know if he had anything to do with the things that went on in that house or not.

@blankette, I wasn't frightened at first, when things began to happen, but by the time we moved, I was past ready to get out of there. I'm glad you arne't scared.

What you describe is very strange, in my opinion. I'm glad you aren't having to pick things up all the time, and I hope the stuff with the phone settles down.

Esteemed Contributor

@blankette thanks for sharing your experience. I've posted this experience before but here goes..

We had a cat go missing when my children were young. My daughter had a full length mirror in her room and would say she could see that cat behind her in the mirror. I'd tell her no,she only wished he was there.  Then one day as my daughter walked into the bathroom I saw that cat walking behind her. She closed the door and he was gone. I know what I saw. He was kind of see through but that was him.  Unexplainable but true.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I think spirits stay around for awhile after they die. A week or so after my MIL died we started to organize things in her house and I could feel she was still there. I wasn't frightened and tried to not be uncomfortable, but it did give me a chill. A year later when we sold all her things and her house I couldn't feel her there anymore.