Esteemed Contributor

Re: The haunted phone inspired thread about " visitors"

@MickD wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel Aww, Squirrel.  I think dreams of our departed loved ones are both for our benefit and theirs.  Lots of unfinished business to deal with.

I have many dreams of my mom.  She's always in her pink robe.  A few nights ago I had a dream in which she was dressed.  I said -Where were you?  She said - I've been at the hospital.  I have cancer, and I have only six months to live.  I woke up and thought - Well it's about time!  I never had closure as I didn't realize she had cancer until it was too late.

I would like to go to a psychic and talk with her, but I'm still angry that she didn't want to fight to live.  She was a sensitive like my son and she was unhappy most of her life.  My DH has gone to psychics and she has come through to say she wants to talk to me.....

@MickD  Maybe she will be back.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

Can we talk ouija board?  My sis and I were in our early teens and decided to get out the board at my grandmother's house.  The pedestal/guide kept moving around the board.  I said - Stop moving it! Sis - You're moving it!  We asked how old? - 7.   Boy or girl? - Boy.  Name?  S.   A.  T.  A.  G.  We were freaked out.....relieved.

We soon got bored and decided to continue the spooky tour.  We decided to go to the old haunted empty spooky house a half mile away.  We were walking up a hilly street when we heard a loud noise.  A logging truck was driving up the street behind us and the chain broke.  The driver kept going...not realizing the break.  The logs were rolling up the hill after us.  Talk about freaky fright! We started running so fast.  We got to the house all sweaty and flustered.  Realized that that was a sign of 1. Don't ever ouija again and 2. Don't go in that house.  I kept that board for years.  Didn't know what to do with it.  Threw it in the trash during a move 11 years ago. 

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel I'm sure she will be!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Valued Contributor

Mick, plain and simple, never mess with them, they can open portals. YOu even have to be careful how you dispose of them. I think you got the message. I would NEVER even allow a person to bring one into my home.

Trusted Contributor

I do believe in demonic spirits.  My daughter has a friend who used to live in a house haunted with evil spirits.  I thought they were joking until one day I went over.  My daughter and her friend were telling me what happened.  So we went into the basement, but I felt nothing.  I thought they were BS - until I went into the corner and said, "c'mon demon ghosts, let's see you try and get me".  I laughed.  We went upstairs and my knee starting hurting me.  I thought nothing of it until I got home.  I was in so much pain that I couldn't walk.  I put ice on it and took Motrin - nothing worked.  It stayed like that for an entire day.  So now - I do believe in these things because I experienced them first hand.

Valued Contributor

@MickD wrote:

Can we talk ouija board?  My sis and I were in our early teens and decided to get out the board at my grandmother's house.  The pedestal/guide kept moving around the board.  I said - Stop moving it! Sis - You're moving it!  We asked how old? - 7.   Boy or girl? - Boy.  Name?  S.   A.  T.  A.  G.  We were freaked out.....relieved.

Ouija boards are like playing with matches, not knowing what matches can do. It really irritates me that you can purchase them in the toy aisle, next Candyland and other kids games. These are not toys and people learn this the hard way. It's probably why so many houses have nonsense going on in them now, people messing with things they don't know about. Many people use the board, get nothing, and think it didn't work...then days, weeks, months...sometimes years later, things start happening that can be traced back to playing with the thing.

Anytime you contact or conjure things in the spirit realm, you are inviting entities to operate in your life that would not have authority. It's like flinging your front door wide open and inviting anyone passing by in..then, when they turn out to be serial killers, you don't know how to get them to leave.

Same goes for "ghost hunting". You will, at some point, invite something you don't want to come and play...

Honored Contributor

@Quse I was at a Toys R Us with my son and there were a few ouija boards in the game aisle.  A sales guy came over to see if we needed anything.  I told him my short story. He stated that he had deterred people from buying them.  They really are dangerous.

My husband's law partner quit suddenly a few months ago....a "portal" story that I can talk about later.  No one will work in his old office.

Valued Contributor

@blankette wrote:

Mick, plain and simple, never mess with them, they can open portals. YOu even have to be careful how you dispose of them. I think you got the message. I would NEVER even allow a person to bring one into my home.

I had a friend who had a demon attached to her. She didn't want to deal with it.

One night, she and her husband came to dinner. As soon as they got here, we started getting flies. We tried to sit out on the porch and the flies just kept coming. I didn't think much of it bcz we live near a farm, flies happen. The husband kept saying, "I don't know how you deal with this!", I replied, "it's the country. Flies happen"

We finally went inside and ate dinner, etc..the flies were trying to get in, through the windows, anytime you opened the doors. They were never that persistent. I still didn't think much of it. Until the couple left. As soon as they left, ALL of the flies left too.

I knew right then what I was dealing with. 

Some time later, the woman went to visit her " mentally ill" sister. (I put this in quotes bcz from the conversation I'd had with her about her sister, I feel strongly there is something spiritual, not natural with her sister) I had a REALLY strong feeling she shouldn't go. I wanted to call and tell ner not to, I told my husband. She was not the type of person to listen to anyone, she knew best and would do what she wanted...plus, I thought she'd think I was crazier than she already thought. I didn't call.

They went to visit her sister, came home, and she was walking on a wall near their driveway with an 8 ft drop in one spot, watering her flowers. She fell and broke her hip badly.  I knew the minute I'd heard that she was pushed.

I helped her through the healing process as best as I could, taking her kids, etc...but felt a sense of remorse for not telling her not to go.

Many months later, she and I went on a shopping trip and were talking on the way home. We got on the subject of the day she fell and she said to me very reluctantly, "this is going to sound crazy, but I felt like I was shoved off the wall"...she tentatively waited for my to respond, thinking I would chastise her.. I said, "I know", then proceeded to tell her the whole story. I could see her shaking when she dropped me off. I tried to tell her how to get rid of it, she didn't want to talk about it and made me swear never to bring it up again. I swore I wouldn't, but it bothered me not to. She told me (in an offhanded way) that she was Christian and spiritual, why did she need ME to help her? (My answer to her would have been: you don't but bcz I've dealt with this my whole life, I've learned things...and could shorten your learning curve)

We fell out of touch shortly after. I feel she just couldn't handle it. (Story of my life)

She can deny what happened all day long, but we both know what really went on. 

I think it was brought on by her sticking her nose in her sister's business...she invited the thing attached to her sister into her life.

Valued Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@Quse I was at a Toys R Us with my son and there were a few ouija boards in the game aisle.  A sales guy came over to see if we needed anything.  I told him my short story. He stated that he had deterred people from buying them.  They really are dangerous.

My husband's law partner quit suddenly a few months ago....a "portal" story that I can talk about later.  No one will work in his old office.

@MickD Yes, that's where I've seen them too..and it makes me mad. Ouija boards don't belong in toy aisles...😡

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel

One of the first pages I happened upon was a page where someone was answering questions about mythology...and one of the questions answered was about how being transgender was viewed in Norse mythology.  I was stunned, as it seemed like an unlikely thing to stumble upon when googling Norse mythology.  

Very interesting!  I have researched Norse Mythology and can't remember ever stumbling upon anything transgender.  I would have read it had it just been there so I think it's a lot harder to find offhand than we think! Which gives your experience even more credence IMHO.

Speaking of books (yours turning into an album).... shortly after my Dad passed I had a profound dream where i was at a very crowded (what I thought was) a party, too many people trying to get around.  I had a book (thought it was my Dad's), sat down with it on my lap and it opened on its own, pages flying past me until it stopped on one page in particular where, at the bottom, was my Dad's distinctive handwriting and it said "(my full first name, It's always 1939..... All is well!".... (in 1939 he was 25 years old!)

It still gives me shivers....  I know it was from him.....and it gave me peace.  

BTW, my Dad lived for his books.  He had a great library. He made his living with the English language.

I also had a couple of dreams about my Mom, one of them gave me incredible peace.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*