Honored Contributor

Oh my gosh @Goodie2shoes,

That is so sad and I am so so sorry!

I know you and her children and all your family will have many many tears. I hope your hearts and her spirit can be held by all those who love all of you and who loved her.   

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Re: The demons of alcohol

[ Edited ]

@Vivian  wrote:

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my niece to the demons of drugs last year. I still cannot talk about her without crying. Covid and caregiving for my husband with dementia, I realized I was having too much wine every evening. I stopped cold turkey, because I was scared. Those who lost their battles with addiction serve as role models to many of the rest of us who can see and feel their pain.

My condolences for your loss. I lost my mom to Covid last year and that was hard. I am glad for you that you were able to get your battle under control. Take care ! 

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers are being sent for you and your family.

Like many others, I have someone who is battling alcoholism -- my 42 yr old daughter. 

This thread isn't about me but just know there are others who are fighting some sort of battle today and everyday.

Thank you for sharing. 

Respected Contributor

Horrific disease.

Sending prayers for strength for you and yours.

Sadly, your sister was the age of my father at his death and also taken by this disease. I never knew him.

Find and hold onto the special times you shared.

Godspeed

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes,

So very sorry for your loss,

Sending Prayers

Trusted Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  I am so sorry for your loss. I feel very bad for her children. Some of them must still be pretty young. How terrible to lose your mom. Addiction is a horrible disease that affects everyone in the addicts life. Sending prayers for you and your entire family.🙏❤️

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes ~ I know how you feel.  I lost my one and only sibling to alcohol.  He was also forty.

🌹

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes 

A very sad story! My male(sperm donor) was an alcoholic and left my mom to raise us 4 kids by herself. I was too young even to remember this "donor", but I do remember growing up without a Male presence in my home. And her leaving "9 children" without a mother, hopefully they do have their father(s).

I consider myself a "recovering alcoholic". To me with an addiction, the words "cured or recovered" I never use, because there is no such thing. Like many things in my life, I look at things "1 day at a time".

There are alcoholics that do not drink because of stress or anguish at their life. They drink because they like drinking and the way it makes them feel. Those are the type that would never admit to being an alcoholic, surprisingly, many that are recognize it, but are unable to control it.

They first have to WANT TO, and secondly work daily to make it happen.

Have no clue how my donor died, nor do I care to find out. Alcohol, like drugs, are serious addictions. With too many now seemingly overlooking alcoholism, and concentrating mostly on the illegal stuff. A BIG mistake.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I am so very sorry to hear of yet another tragedy related to alcoholism which is a serious illness.

So many studies have been done on "how and why".  The bottom line is IT IS!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

While I won't comment on my opinion on disease or not, demonic or not, this is tragic. I'm very sorry for you and the family for this loss. So very sad.