Honored Contributor

I just saw a beautiful open floor space.  Now, if you danced, what dance would you be doing?  Imagine partner if needed and costume.  What dance would you be doing on that open, large floor?

I love to watch ballroom dancing, it fascinates me. But I'd turn back the clock and dance around that room with my dad to a polka.  We use to do that in the living room.  Mom held the lamps. LOL

Where does your imagination take you out on the floor to do? 

Super Contributor

Dancing the Hustle with my then boyfriend, now husband, 40 years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

One thing my ex husband and I enjoyed immensely was to dance.  When we hit the dance floor nothing stopped us.  We would glide beautifully and gracefully while dancing a fox trot.  When the slow music stopped we were ready to jitterbug and let me tell you, he knew how to turn a partner around and around to the point that many times we were the only two people on the floor while others were clapping to the rhythm while stamping their feet.  I loved ballroom dancing, wish I could dance that way again but my body won't let me so now I sit back and watch others on the dance floor the way people used to watch me and my partner. Woman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Square dancing.  I havent done that since high school and it was so much fun.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I love dance of all kinds!  I never got to take dance lessons when I was young but I always wanted to do ballet, jazz and tap!  I had a couple of friends who took them and I would look at their beautiful outfits for recitals, etc. and be so envious!  Also, when they got actual ballet shoes with the straps around the ankles and the blocks in the toes, oh, my, I was just dowright jealous!  

I always wanted to wear a beautiful sequined tout-tou and frothy skirt and a sparkly tiara headpiece!  

I used to watcy the old song and dance movies with my Mom and I would pretend and envision myself as being one of the characters.  I would have loved to be in one of the happy and rousing song and dance numbers ---- just tapping away.

And here's another one ---- being in Caberet!  And all that jazz!!!!!  

Now, I love to watch the dancing on DWTS.  Some of it is a little too se*y for my blood but for the most part I love it.  I watch them and think --- how wonderful to be able to move your body the way that do and feel the freedom and strength!  

I love the Latin dances, too!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Been a while, but I love to dance with DH, jitterbug/jive or whatever you call it. We did those other dances back in the day too, like the twist, etc.

Honored Contributor

Dancing the Stroll

Memories can be found on U-tube.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

I took clogging lessons years ago.  It was fun!  Don't think I could do it without falling and breaking something, now.Cat Surprised

I love watching the dancing shows (DWTS and SYTYCD).  If I had to pick one style that I have enjoyed the most, it would be Bollywood.  Intricate movements and costumes.Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

Re: The dance floor is open

[ Edited ]

Loved to dance! Didn't care what kind.  Polka and square dancing - so much fun - never saw a sad face at either one - everyone smiling.

Loved doing every thing from a waltz to the Philly Dog, Boogalu (sp).  Jitterbug in the high school gym (we called it Jump)   Disco - loved it.  And can't forget the Jerk and the Bump.  Loved them all.  Sure helped to keep the weight down - no need to diet then!

Took tap, toe and modern dance from an early age - about 5 though to high school.

Mom taught me the Charleston when I was a kid and Dad taught me to Fox Trot.

Makes me sad now that my body has betrayed me and I can no longer get out there and get with it.  My mind wants to, but my body refuses!

Honored Contributor

Never much of a dancer. One of my sisters was a Dance Reacher at Arthur Murray for years. She showed me the "proper dance floor steps", but while it helped a little, I just ain't got da moves.

Now slow close dancing(not sure it has a name) with the young ladies of my day!  Always gave that a shot. The Limbo and the Twist a did(?), but a dance? Now I did get the Foxtrot, but I just didn't know feel it when I hit the dance floor.

That's about it for me, no visions now.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)