Honored Contributor

The best "medicine" I've had in 59 days🙂🙂🙂

I took a mini-vacation a couple of hours away to visit my cousins💃🙂

Both are "snowbirds" and of course, we cancelled our fun plans but our few days together were the best!  They both flew home today☹️

We compared the things our crazy husbands drove us nuts during the stay at home (and there were many😉), enjoyed lunch at the marina, a walk on the beach & some good ole gf time.

I hope to get to go home and see my GD & family.  This is truly the "best" medicine for me!!  

Sadly, I don't think that'll be happening anytime soon☹️

I hope everyone gets some "good" times soon!!!

Super Contributor

Re: The best "medicine" I've had in 59 days🙂🙂🙂

@homedecor1 - good for you!! Glad you could do this. 💗

Honored Contributor

Sounds like fun @homedecor1 .

My family is NOT a fun bunch, I am jealous.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

We "pick n choose" in our family -- we've got a few😉

But the three of us are so lucky to be cousins & best buds!!! It's like a "therapy" session with lots of laughs cuz some of the family is a little nutty US included 😉, but we love em just don't socialize with them😳.

Honored Contributor

I really miss my family.  There are 7 siblings, our dad, and all our spouses, kids, grandkids - about 45 when all together.  We usually get together every month to celebrate birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, etc. Not everyone can come every time but those that do have lots of fun together.  

We are really hoping we can get together for Father's Day.  Our dad is 88 and has been holed up in his home with my disabled sister all this time too.  He is now allowing me into his home though I've been going over often to talk and drop off meals. He cooks but I like to provide some of his meals.  Anyway, Dad will stand at the back door or sit in a lawn chair on the patio and I sit sideways in the car and we talk it up for a while.  I miss hugging him.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart  I can see why you miss them. My husband is from a big family (nine sibling's are still living) and he loved getting together for cards.

Honored Contributor

I just hope the day comes soon where I can really *be* with my entire family.  Everyone getting together.

@homedecor1  can you drive to see your grandchildren?

I would drive 3 thousand miles to see mine. 

It's just it's not a good time yet.  Everyone is worried about a 2nd wave, I feel like we're still in a tsunami...and we're no where near a hot spot.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

NO Smiley Sad they are in NJ and PA.  Both are considered "hot spots" and still under quarantine...I'd love to see them but not now.

Keeping our fingers crossed for our annual family reunion picnic in August.

We're no way in a hot spot (4 cases) but my children are not allowing any visitors until completely clear ... who knows when this will be --

I'd drive there in a minute if I didn't have to look in the windows to see them!!  Right now, skype is working but that's getting "old" too!