Honored Contributor

Re: The aches and pains of aging have taken me by surprise.

@CalminHeart 

I'm sorry for your loss. 

💙 

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, when I ask my DH about things, he says, "It's called aging."

Because I've noticed things too. Most of the time they are fleeting, or I have something on hand that helps. (Like arnica for a muscle sore.)

One of the keys I've found, several really, is to eat & drink healthy, get enough rest (my downfall!), be forgiving, and to also nuture your spirit. A good constitional (walk) every day helps, too.

Honored Contributor

OP, you are not alone. I've dealt with back pain, pain in hands and fingers, knee pain, a torn bicep tendon, a frozen shoulder, and the list goes on. Never know what to expect from one day to the next.

I took my health for granted when I was young, not anymore. 

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart  So very sorry about your brother. 

I'm going to be 69 in a few weeks.  What I notice the most is that I don't bounce back from an injury or illness like I used to......longer healing time. 

Decided to start walking (with walking sticks due to bad knees) and I do a mean 30-40 minute mile. LOL 

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart  there are angels among us and you are surely one.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart  I'm so sorry for your loss.

Respected Contributor

I've found that my teeth have gotten brittle.  A couple of months ago I chipped a front tooth, don't know how.  And last night I broke off half of a back molar.  That's a major anxiety for me cause I hate the dentist (bad experiences as a child) and the major expense it will be.

Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

I've found that my teeth have gotten brittle.  A couple of months ago I chipped a front tooth, don't know how.  And last night I broke off half of a back molar.  That's a major anxiety for me cause I hate the dentist (bad experiences as a child) and the major expense it will be.

Ask your dentist if you are grinding (bruxing) your teeth. You may need a mouth guard to prevent further damage. I wear one and cannot sleep without it.

Honored Contributor

Sorry everyone seems to be falling apart. Just a tip what worked for me.  Several years ago my dh and I decided to start walking. We power walk now every day about 6 miles. I've lost 70 lbs and have kept it off through my walking regime. I have no aches or pains. When my mom was my age (69) she was already planning her first hip replacement. I'm a firm believer that you just can't be complacent. Making myself get out and move has done wonders with my health and body. Give it a try ladies. I'm sure your doctors would agree that my lifestyle prevents unnecessary problems later in life. JMO

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

You're not alone. I've had terrible pains ---arthritis mainly for years since my mid 50's. First time I saw rheumatologist for my back I was 44. I told him I was too young for arthritis and he said no you're not.

''I'm 71 now and take gabapentan,naproxen and medical marijuana, muscle relaxers.

The marijuana over time has helped enormously. I can't walk more than 1/2 a block, but am ok in the house.

I'm very grateful I'm not writhing in pain like I used to be.