Honored Contributor

Re: The Thunderstorms Are Coming!!!

I am in Southeastern Wisconsin, about 20 minutes from the Illinois border, and we had huge Thunderstorms last night and all morning-it has finally cleared up, but I heard another one is coming this evening! I love a good thunderstorm too, but not when you loose electricity, and flooding is a problem....I just missed the torrential rains this morning, I got to work and 5 minutes later it rained so bad, women had their clothes and hair  soaked....  

Esteemed Contributor

If you were awake early in the Chicago area before dawn there was some incredible lightening between 4:00 and 6:00am.  The mid morning storm was pretty awesome too. Storm clouds forming pitch black darkness in daytime hours is always a beautiful sight of nature in action to my eyes.  Perhaps the morning storms and afternoon cloud cover will prevent the temperature from reaching the forecast mid-90s today.  Right now it's still partly cloudy and hovering in the 70s near the lake.  

Respected Contributor

Yesterday in So. Indiana we had rumbles of thunder and rain all day long - all day.  Yes, we've had those storms that you actually have to turn lights on because the house is so dark in the daytime.  Stay safe!  I'll check radar to see if it's headed this way.

Honored Contributor

Here in the middle of Ohio, we have been having one storm after another this past week. No high winds or hail in my area (but others got a lot of that), but very heavy rains. 

It has been wetter than normal here this spring/summer. I'm ready for our annual summer burn out/drought! I'm tired of mowing twice a week just to keep up!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope when the storms come through that your temperatures cool off finally - for a little while at least.

Honored Contributor

@Julie928,   It ended up being nothing but rain.  It got very dark, no thunder, no lightening and a quiet rainfall.  OMG!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN,  i bet you live in a beautiful area near Lake Geneva?  I love that area.  Yes, Northern IL had heavy rain storms, etc.  I am south and west of Chicago and though it did get very dark, we only ended up with a quiet rain fall.  OMG!  But, like others, I don't like the humidity.  When you walk outside for the first time it feels like a human suana.  Just horrible.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN,  i bet you live in a beautiful area near Lake Geneva?  I love that area.  Yes, Northern IL had heavy rain storms, etc.  I am south and west of Chicago and though it did get very dark, we only ended up with a quiet rain fall.  OMG!  But, like others, I don't like the humidity.  When you walk outside for the first time it feels like a human suana.  Just horrible.

No I wish I lived in Lake Geneva-it is so gorgeous there! No, I am about 20 miles from Milwaukee, inland.....I haven't been outside yet-still at work, but I can just imagine when I do go out there.....Yuck! 

Honored Contributor

I'm in MA, it looks like one will roll in shortly.  It just got dark.  It's in the high 80's today so it's not surprising.  And...now the thunder is rolling in.  But that's just summer weather.  It gets hot and muggy and you get thunder storms.  I can't say I enjoy thunder storms, there's nothing for me to enjoy.  I don't mind them, they move through quickly.  I don't like lightning but now that I don't have a cat, it's ok.  My cat was terrified of thunder and lightning.  I have to go out around 5:30, so I want it come now and do it's stuff and move along.  

Valued Contributor

Often when I hear thunder I remember "Twilight" - the Cullens are playing baseball! Smiley Happy