Honored Contributor

The Thunderstorms Are Coming!!!

It is so dark outside right now you would think is evening.  Early this morning the northern suburbs got so much rain that streets just about everywhere are flooded.  Now the storm has moved this way.  This is just outside Chicago and I am in the southwestern burbs.   I love a really good thunderstorm with lightening, thunder but don't like to be in it.  Didn't the east coast recently have bad thunderstorms with lots of rain?  How is it in your area today?

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: The Thunderstorms Are Coming!!!

I live near you and it is pouring/thunder. Good soak for the grass

Trusted Contributor

Smiley Sad Same old sun again...

Esteemed Contributor

I live in western NY and we have storm warnings here too. My beagle loves being outside in summer. However, she is terrified of thunder and lightning. She can smell a storm coming. Sure enough, she was scratching on the front door, begging to come into the house. Instead of watching the Weather Channel warnings, I should just follow the advice of my dog.

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 ~ I am in the western suburbs about 30 miles outside of Chicago.  This morning it got really dark so I got the dogs outside to do their thing and check on our pond.  I fed the fish and stayed out with the dogs only a couple of minutes then the thunder started.  It cleared up a bit then started storming again.  It's still raining and I love it!  We need the rain so bad, it's actually very peaceful and I'm getting some cleaning done.  This weather is good for nature and good for my soul!  :-)

Respected Contributor

I'm 20 miles east of Cleveland OH.  This morning when I was getting ready for work it was storming to the SW of me and also to the east of me.  I thought for sure I was going to get it on my way to work......but nothing.  I arrived unscathed, and it's now sunny, very humid, and on it's way to a 92 degree high.  Yowsa!

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

We have flash flood warnings here in central NY until tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

I'm in Southern NY. and we are supposed to get storms this afternoon . It is so flipping humid that I wish something would happen, the humidity is killing me. I'm starting to hate this summer !! 😡

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Here in Seattle area - predicted high of 74, no humidity, sunny and beautiful.  

Honored Contributor

Just pouring here and gray out.  Good day for sleeping in, then a good nap on a full tummy. Woman Very Happy