Respected Contributor

Spent a few hours out in the yard planting flowers.  While I was doing that a team from our Air Force Base flew right over my house.  It was a formation of four F35's and the lead pilot is a woman.  The flyover of the whole State is their way of saluting those who are keeping our homestate safe during these unique times.  The plan was to fly over as many hospitals and medical facilities as possible at 1,000 to 1,500 ft.  It was impressive.

The flight path to our major airport is about 2 miles west of where I live.  I noticed today that air travel is getting back to normal.  During the quarantine it was so quiet.  I didn't realize that I was used to the sound of airplanes.  Today I watched planes coming in for a landing about every 3 or 4 minutes.  And then the garbage trucks are in the neighborhood.  Such a noisy day after weeks of silence.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Skies are Busy Today

[ Edited ]

my husband is a retired air force pilot....he's curious what base did the fly over...thank you...

Honored Contributor

We had a fly over today too. It was a little behind schedule so I had already gone in when they came over.

What a wonderful tribute and I really wanted to see them 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

my husband is a retired air force pilot....he's curious what base did the fly over...thank you...

@nana59 Hill AFB

Esteemed Contributor

We had a Tuesday flyover and it brought tears to my eyes. Many felt the same way and its hard to put into words. I'm 50 miles northwest of Whiteman Air Force Base which is located in central Missouri. 

Team Whiteman honored and thanked all phases of front line essentials and health care professionals by flying over 9 KC medical facilities in a B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber, four T-38 Talons and two A-10 Thunderbolt lls.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@nana59 Hill AFB

thank you....he just said he flew into Hill during his career...needless to say, we are a very patriotic family....formation fly-overs bring tears to my eyes...hoping this nightmare ends soon....

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@nana59 Hill AFB

thank you....he just said he flew into Hill during his career...needless to say, we are a very patriotic family....formation fly-overs bring tears to my eyes...hoping this nightmare ends soon....

@nana59 

I worked at Hill for 12 years and my offices were mainly right next to the runway.  

It's no wonder I'm used to airplane noise and don't give it much attention.  Except for today.  That was emotional.

Esteemed Contributor

@Scooby Doo - We had a flyover on Monday. They were doing the hospitals in the state - gave me chills. Glad I had my camera and got a couple of shots.

Honored Contributor

Saturday, there will be a flyover in Baltimore at 11:30AM, followed by DC at 11:45AM.

Respected Contributor