Honored Contributor

Re: The Sidewalk Cafe Welcomes the Festive Season

Princess Sassy Pants & Co.™

Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/91/c0/9f/91c09fd5cf7975b55734fd5353da801f--princess-sassy-pants-quotes-princess-pics.jpg

... and with that I say "good night" folks; have a peaceful sleep  Heart

@AnikaBrodie I posted this on the second page.Smiley Happy

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Puddles

Oops.  Sorry.  I guess great minds think alike.  Smiley Happy

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I copied this from the Autumn thread just in case NAES missed it on there and came here.  

tea+with+MacKenzie

Hi NAES,   I hope you are doing well and that the pain you have is lessening some for you.   I know how it can wear a person down and affect mood and joy for sure.

I have always loved the holiday season, with Thanksgiving being my favorite for some reason, maybe as the opening of the Christmas celebrations.   I decorated for every one of them and have a bedroom upstairs, stuffed with boxes of ornaments, wreaths, figures, pumpkins make of various designs, fiber optics pieces and a huge Christmas wreath that I used to hang in the center of the front of the house.   It's one I decorated with lights myself.  I guess it's about 4 feet across.  I have metal figures also, plus sleighs.   I did have a prelit tree I bought from QVC but gave it to my daughter.   I even made small Christmas trees for the cemeteries.  One for Charlie and one for my parents.   They have tiny ornaments and tiny roping.  They are 'refreshed' after each use.  I also donated a tree to the National cemetery in honor of Charlie and if I'm going to be in the area after Christmas,  I'll hang ornaments on that Capitol Pear tree.  It's at the end of the row where he is.  

Since I am not here right after Christmas most of the past few years, I've stopped all of the decoration as my brother is not one to water a decorated tree, take down decorations and put them away, or get to the cemetery to retrieve the little decorated trees I have, and I don't want to lose them.    I also have a beautiful bouquet of multicolor poinsettias and greenery that I also put by the headstone.  I secure these things with fine wire. as the deer and the winds are not kind to decor there. 

I sure miss all the baking I did.  There are people who still want to buy my homemade fruitcakes, and I haven't made them in over 18 years.   I just can't bring myself to tackle that job and I don't know why for sure.  I love them, as each batch has over 2 pounds of pecans, 24 oz of dates, plus cherries and pineapple.  I fooled with the recipe and add figs and dried apricots now and then.  I also don't limit the nuts to pecans only.  I bought  in bulk at a 'nut' house here in the St. Louis area,, same with the fruit.   The fruitcakes are expensive to make and if I remember correctly I sold the last ones for almost $12 to $15 a pound.  Some of those cakes were over 4 pounds.  I used to keep such good records of everything, but once Charlie was diagnosed,  that all fell apart.    I knew to the ounce and penny what I had made and sold.  At least I have the memories.  Would love to have a slice of those cakes.  Rich and decadent and so good.

uess I need to stop musing about the past and get with the present, which includes doing the kitchen cleanup.   Then I can hit the sofa for a while, with Mattie by my side. 

I did get my driver's licence renewed today, was leery of that, with the road signs, and eye test.  Glad that's over.  Went to UPS, the hardware store and then grocery shopping.  Am worn out from hauling the groceries in, putting them up, etc.  

Enjoy your evening.  I have an early appointment with my dermatologist as I have a little spot on upper chest that just sits there, doing nothing, but not going away either,  It's not smooth skin, and is near where she took a biopsy last spring.  I want it checked so that's on the schedule for tomorrow morning.  Then my eye doctor on Monday.   Fun times!! Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

December

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor