Trusted Contributor

The Midnight Serenade

[ Edited ]

sleepkit.jpg

While everyone around you is sleeping
And the moon and stars are shining bright
If you're still up and wide eyed as the owls
Then join us here to welcome in midnight...

At the Midnight Serenade!
singing.jpg

For all who prowl around like me late at night, here's a place to stop and chat, sing, dance, play your drums, or just watch the time tick tock by. Maybe we can start a band, or strike up some fun conversations or just get to know one another better!

Feel free to jump in at any time of the day or night for everyone is welcome...early birds and night owls alike. Hoot!🦉

Honored Contributor

I used to work "graveyard", so I'm up all night!    Hard to break the habit.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Desertdiwrote:

I used to work "graveyard", so I'm up all night!    Hard to break the habit.

I know what working graveyard means, but as a kid, i couldnt help but think...work in a graveyard?😨

I am just a night owl, I suppose. It's quiet, and I like peacefulness. There are times I can't sleep anyway, so, might as well do something.

Trusted Contributor

@cbrite

I wanted you to know you were the inspiration to me in creating the title of this thread. I kept rolling titles about late night, moonlight/midnight themes, but nothing "clicked" with me, then I saw your message to me in your usps message and the music note soared. 

So here's a serenade just for you...

Yup, it was a solo... So low you couldn't hear me! 😁

Respected Contributor

Well this is dandy @KitTkat and how about kazoos? I'm not bad on those actually 😲

Thank you for your peaceful solo.....😴

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Trusted Contributor

@Leiloni

That isn't my cat in the photo in my first post, but I do have a cat that plays the piano with me. Join the piano music anytime with your rock n roll drums. Or sing with me!

Trusted Contributor

Re: The Midnight Serenade

[ Edited ]

Uh oh, i put @cbrite to sleep. Guess i better get out the horn! 📣

Ps, I Think I Used To Have A Kazoo, And I Have No Idea Why Each Of My Words Is Capitalizing On It's Own...uh oh...ok that was weird...

Respected Contributor

@KitTkat and @Desertdi Long ago, I worked graveyard....shelling walnuts on a belt.

Ohhhh my....not my cup of tea - they'd speed up that belt....I had to pick out the shells.....😳

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Trusted Contributor

@cbritewrote:

@KitTkat and @Desertdi Long ago, I worked graveyard....shelling walnuts on a belt.

Ohhhh my....not my cup of tea - they'd speed up that belt....I had to pick out the shells.....😳

This reminds me of that I Love Lucy episode when Lucy and Ethel worked at the candy shop. "SPEED IT UP A LITTLE!!!!"

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: The Midnight Serenade

[ Edited ]

@KitTkat-That was so cute!

Well, actually a very pretty serenade.

@cbrite-Your shelling of the walnuts had me picture the I love Lucy episode where she and Ethel are wrapping? candy on a belt and it is going faster and faster and Lucy and Ethel keep eating them as fast as they can, so they don't fall off or something!

And I don't know what I"m doing up! I woke up and thought it was morning and don't feel like waiting all night for the morning to come lol!

So nice to be greeted with a serenadeSmiley Happy

ps-I used to work graveyard too and you never feel like you are part of the rest of the world!🤖

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"