Esteemed Contributor

I used to think I was a champion jump roper...HA!   I was a rookie in the minor skipper league compared to this young woman...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=2016+Csardas+Adrienn+Banhegyi+the+jump+rope+girl&view=detail&mi...

Should be a clean link, if not (and the mods poof it) you can check youtube for 2016 Csardas Adrienn Banhegyi jump rope girl.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Holy Mackeral WOW...  I was no slouch in the jump roping department but wouldn't even be worthy of carrying her rope.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

Re: The Jump Rope Girl...

[ Edited ]

Same here, @MacDUFF and @Q4u!

I thought I was pretty darn good at Double Dutch during recess (under the watchful eyes of the Sisters Mary), but THIS? Oh, my! I wasn't even close to being a contendah.

Whoa! Go, Jump Rope Girl!

If I tried that now, I'd probably snap my wrist before I got to the second jump! 

Trusted Contributor

Q4U wrote:

Holy Mackeral WOW...  I was no slouch in the jump roping department but wouldn't even be worthy of carrying her rope.....

Ditto!

Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u

@MsLomo

@mzlg

MsL, the Sisters Mary would probably intensely dislike the use of this phrase, but...

I know, riiiight!!!???

Smiley LOL

Glad y'all enjoyed.

@ECBG

Did you jump rope back in the day?

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF,Oh, gosh yes!  We'd be between the Victorian school and the theatre/caeteria building under the massive ropes.

I remember my teacher in the second day was a young sister, and she lifted the long skirts of her habit and jumped with us!

Image result for St Genevieve's In asheville, nc

This is the auditorium.  The cafeteria was below.  We jumped to the left.  The building in the inset was the highschool and mother house which was to the right.

Below is the very large Victorian inn which became the main building for grades 1-8

inn_map_copy.jpg

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF, there's something so exhilarating about someone taking such joy in, and excelling in something, no matter what!  Great fun to watch!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG, some of those beautiful old buildings remind me of my old school, "Mary Street School". Only mine, unfortunately, has been mostly demolished, I think.  Great memories though.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@ECBG, some of those beautiful old buildings remind me of my old school, "Mary Street School". Only mine, unfortunately, has been mostly demolished, I think.  Great memories though.

@Oznell,This has now been demolished too.  On that site there is now a medical nursing building from the sprawl if our community college.  It's good, though.  One of our hospitals was the Sisters Of Mercy also.