Esteemed Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@cotton4me wrote:

It is an amazing photo.  I can visualize the arm, hand and fingers.  I enjoy looking at cloud formations.  They can be so beautiful and interesting.  This one is certainly a powerful image. 

@cotton4me  ~

I, too agree with you/ cloud formations...and this is is one secured with Power.

I am both medical and an artist. If I were to risk a test guess, this would be (R) hand. 

This is the first time I have examined its full imagine.

"...yes definitely powerful"...

@Thank you @Karnerblue for the interesting photo.

NAES

@NAES1 Yes, that is exactly what I saw too at first glance.  @Karnerblue  Thanks for posting, maybe we can use it as a symbol of strength.

Honored Contributor

It looks like a drumstick covered with barbecue sauce to me.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I found this fascinating when I saw it.  I can clearly see the thumb and cupping of something round in the left hand and we assume there is a right hand.....  If you can't see it, you can't see it, it's like those pictures where you see two faces, one on each side, or a vase, in the middle...  But I looked at this phenom and was really taken aback and then suddenly I saw the hand, the thumb an it cupping something round.... supremely fascinating.... haunting....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@SuzieGarnet wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

Has anyone seen this???   It's so amazing.  It's a cloud formation over Portugal.

Looks like a skeleton hand holding a ball to me.. kinda like this hand..

I see the thumb on the topside of the image, the opposite of the picture you're showing of the hand holding the ball.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

It looks like a drumstick covered with barbecue sauce to me.

Or one of those big turkey drumsticks people get at carnivals.

Honored Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

I prefer to think of the hand of God as a protective, kind, helpful, loving symbol.  This, to me, looks frightening, fiery, evil.

I think this says more than that cloud picture.  Nicely said, @gmkb

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Re: The Hands of God

[ Edited ]

@NAES1 and @ANewHue, glad you found it interesting Smiley Happy

A symbol of strength ... I like that.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

@NAES1 and @ANewHue, glad you found it interesting Smiley Happy

A symbol of strength ... I like that.

Yes.

A symbol of strength,

I like that too!

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

@Lyttlewyng wrote:

I find this phenomenon fascinating and upon doing a little research I learned that
this is  a natural psychological function of the brain.  It is known as pareidolia which causes an illusory perception to see images in random patterns. 

It's why we see religious symbols or images in wood grain, tree trunks or clouds.

Pareidolia can reveal a portrait of Mother Teresa in a piece of burnt toast, the man in the moon or the face on Mars.   In other words, pareidolia is one of the ways our brain  processes information, helping us to make sense of abstract patterns by assigning meaning to them.  Comparatively,  in a clinical environment, the Rorschach ink blot test is an example of encouraged pareidolia as a means to understand a patient.

@Lyttlewyng, I think it's fascinating, too.Smiley

This is an interesting article about a similar pareidolia:

"Majestic 'Hand of God' appears over Portugal skies, 2 years after similar image was spotted in space"

link goes to:  http://www.christiantoday.com/article/majestic.hand.of.god.reappears.over.portugal.skies.2.years.aft...

Intresting thread, @Karnerblue!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Libbylady wrote:

Looks scary to me.  I prefer the image of Jesus in a grilled cheese sandwich I saw once.

Like the Grilled Cheesus from Glee? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II5m8BXDcP4