Honored Contributor

Re: The Fresh Market - Christmas Dinner - anyone ?

I never had Fresh Market but I started buying prepared holiday turkey dinners from a local supermarket or from a local hotel years ago.  At least 10 years ago.  Best thing I ever did!  The turkey or ham and most of the sides are quite good.  Never been disapointed.  But I will say a time or two the green beans and sweet potato sides have been disappointing.  I use the dinner as a base and fix some of my special sides.  Obviously, I wouldn't be  offended, no one would be and your guests won't even know unless you choose to tell them.  Why would you?

Honored Contributor

I have  a Fresh Market not from from me,my one question is, are the turkeys cooked in the store of delivery like a cooked Butterball is, that does make a difference. My one compliant about the store is how horrible their staff is, the deli people are among some of the slowest and laziest I have encounters in my life.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I would be honored to be invited to a Fresh Market Christmas dinner!  I have been a long time customer who shops there for special occasions & holidays.  Their yeast rolls are outstanding, croutons they bag up that makes my stuffing out of this world!  And their nutbreads...to die for.  I love shopping at FM because it is truly the "shopping experience" they offer as well as the incredible quality of food.  Send me your address, lol!!

Trusted Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I got the Fresh Market Thanksgiving Dinner which consisted of the same items they are including for this Christmas dinner.  MY family thought the dinner was very good.  I did feel that the stuffing was on the dry side but I had a can of chicken stock on hand so I put about a quarter can in a crock pot with the stuffing and heated it on low for a couple of hours.  IT moistened the stuffing quite nicely

Thanks for the tip - and I will pick up a carton of chicken stock.  There was one complaint on one of the reviews regarding dry stuffing.

Thanks again !

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have  a Fresh Market not from from me,my one question is, are the turkeys cooked in the store of delivery like a cooked Butterball is, that does make a difference. My one compliant about the store is how horrible their staff is, the deli people are among some of the slowest and laziest I have encounters in my life.

Our TFM people are super nice - the majority I know from picking up their bakery, produce and seasonal candy items they donate to the local Assistance Center.

In my neighborhood - if anything - they would be snootie.

Trusted Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

I would be honored to be invited to a Fresh Market Christmas dinner!  I have been a long time customer who shops there for special occasions & holidays.  Their yeast rolls are outstanding, croutons they bag up that makes my stuffing out of this world!  And their nutbreads...to die for.  I love shopping at FM because it is truly the "shopping experience" they offer as well as the incredible quality of food.  Send me your address, lol!!

In the summertime we stop in for their pie's when we are attending an outdoor cook-out.  OUTSTANDING !

The dessert loaf breads are ALL really good - and they FREEZE really well.  Our favorite item from TFM is the cheddar cheese rolls and Trader Joe's Organic tomato soup - MERCY !  

Next month look for their sales on lobster tails and shrimp.  These items are frozen before they make it to the store - so don't refreeze ... like we did !  TFM did refund our money but we learned our lesson.

Honored Contributor

I was told by one of the manager that they have trouble getting people to work there and they hire from Job Corp and organizations of that sort.

@sktchy wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Our TFM people are super nice - the majority I know from picking up their bakery, produce and seasonal candy items they donate to the local Assistance Center.

In my neighborhood - if anything - they would be snootie.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I LOVE Fresh Market! There's one near me when I'm in Florida, and I wish we had them up north. I've never gotten an entire dinner as a package, but I have gone in and picked up a rotisserie chicken and sides to make up my own meal. Some of their prices, particularly for prepared sandwiches and wraps are a bit high, but it's always delicious.

I wish we had Publix up north as well. Smiley Happy

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The one in Charlotte (on 51) couldn't hold anything else. It is so packed now it is hard to maneuver through some sections,lol. I am heading there today. I tried to avoid it,but cannot. I think their dinner would be good.

If someone invites me to share a meal,I'm happy.....and grateful. 

I find the butcher dept at my store is super nice and always go the extra mile to be helpful. The deli/dessert department .... there are a few employees I dread seeing,lol.  I sometimes just get my  desserts and deli at a local store...Reid's....they are always on point.