Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- Winter 2020 Edition

@bikerbabe wrote:

Good morning!

Gosh, I love love bees 🐝 and they love me. I always try to have bee, butterfly and hummingbird-friendly flowers.

Had a terrifying episode yesterday afternoon when an old light fixture nearly caught the place on fire😱. I was freaked out for a while trying to decide if there was an electrical fire in the walls and it look like it was just the fixture. It actually charred the kitchen cabinets in a couple of spots! I have a call out to our regular repair guy whom I trust. I am just so thankful we were home and awake when it happened. Smoke alarm didn’t go off because it didn’t get to that point but it certainly stunk up the place for a while. I have a call out to our regular repair guy whom I trust. I am just so thankful we were home. Oh my gosh my poor cat- she’s my CHILD and I would have gone off the deep end if anything happened to her. In a “normal” year we would have been asleep or out of town. 😱

Not very wintry here today - low 80s. 😕 We so desperately need rain.

@bikerbabe 

Exactly!

We had just been running errands and we'd stopped at the park with the dog about an hour before the truck exploded in the garage.

We had talked to several people who had been inside their trucks when they caught fire.  The first thing I thought of was: What if the dog had been in the truck and then panicked and either couldn't get out of the truck and was injured or killed, or what if he had jumped out into traffic and was hit by a car?

Or what if it hadn't happened in the afternoon while we were awake and preparing a holiday meal?  What if we had all been asleep?

As it was, the fire was already above our heads while we were cooking and the only thing we noticed was a weird smell.  The dog didn't even tip us off because he was 100% focused on the stove and what we were cooking!

So glad you caught it before it was too late.  Even if the fire doesn't destroy your home, the smoke, soot and water will.

When people tell me that I have a surprisingly good attitude about losing almost everything I'd collected, I always remember how much worse it could have been.  Our neighbors' homes weren't affected, our dog was safe and we all got out before it got really bad inside the house.

It's an adventure best avoided.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Okay... that's a little weird.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:

Good morning!

Gosh, I love love bees 🐝 and they love me. I always try to have bee, butterfly and hummingbird-friendly flowers.

@bikerbabe 

I'm going to have some container plants this spring and have lined up contenders for planting.  Is there anything you notice getting more bee traffic?

Honored Contributor

A reminder...

Today is the beginning of a new season, so if there are things you do or items you replace, now's the time to do it.

Honored Contributor

Hey, all you HEPcats and HEPdogs! We had discussed making the Healthy Eating thread a monthly jam session, so I just went ahead and did a little improvisation.

This is an invite to our crazy crib where you can come and break it down! I say we go 18 karat on this and really swing. If healthy eating’s not your bag, no problem. But if it is, I dig.

It’s cool, I’m booted, let’s jump!

image.png

It's a new season and soon it will be a new year.  Now's the time to start thinking about getting back on track. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

image.png

Then one foggy Christmas Eve
Santa came to say
'Rudolph, with your nose so bright
Won't you guide my sleigh tonight?'

Honored Contributor

image.png

Honored Contributor

image.png

The Holiday Hive

Honored Contributor

image.png

Honored Contributor

image.png