Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- Winter 2020 Edition

Creating a Buzz! How World's First Bee Influencer Is Using Instagram to  Save Her Species

Tanned, rested and ready.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Just another day at the beach.... sounds good to me..
Honored Contributor

Meet the First Bee Virtual Influencer on a Mission to Save Her Species –  Double Talk

Just a reminder that we will change from a seasonal thread to a monthly thread with March. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

My goodness, where do these bee photos come from...They are 😎 March sounds good, I hope....
Respected Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@just bee I finally ordered some Paris tea. Wow...Yum! I still have a bunch of mediocre earl grey to finish, but I sneak in some Paris a couple of times a week. It's so good. Mine also came with a tin, but the next time I order, I will get the tea bags instead of sachets. I don't want to start a tea tin collection.

@rnmom The band is doing a clothing drive this weekend so I decluttered a ton of clothes and other housewares. I should post on the decluttering thread. I'm finally parting with a bunch of sheets, blankets and towels that we just don't use but kept around "just in case". Now there's some breathing room in the linen closet which is nice. I hated trying to jam in the freshly washed linens in that closet. Also am getting rid of several shoes. They are just so uncomfortable. I really need "comfort" shoes, like Brooks. I got my first pair of Brooks, then tried on my Nikes and there is no comparison. Out they go. I now have 2 pairs of Brooks and zero pairs of Nikes.

We have been busy with college financial aid forms, getting ready for tax season and refinancing our home. We also need to tackle our will & trust, going on 5 years now. It's so hard to make decisions. 

Just when I think I have HEP under control, another holiday that celebrates with sweet treats comes around. Think about it, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentines, St. Patricks (shamrock shakes anyone?), etc... I did have my 6 month check up with labs and there was BIG improvement! Total cholesterol is still high, but HDL is increasing and LDL is decreasing so my PCP was very happy. I'm convinced that it's the reduction in refined carbs and added sugars that is making a difference. So I need to keep it up.

Today is looking up for Hawaii. We're entering tier 3 tomorrow. We've had amazingly low case counts. You can feel the optimism in the air. There is even talk of having in-person graduations, which would be wonderful. 

Hope you all are doing ok. The weather on the mainland is horrendous. Stay safe everyone!

@Oshare-girl - Yes, please do join us on the declutter forum! We would all love to hear the juicy details of the declutter!

My HEP has been beyond horrible the last 2 weeks, and I can actually see that I've gained weight, plus I don't feel as good. Back on track today before I gain back everything I've lost.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I've mentioned BH gets tense if I buy "extra" items.  We used to argue about stocking up on things when they were on sale.

He'd say things like, "Why do we need six cans of garbanzos?  If we need garbanzos, we can drive to the store and buy some!"

I'd try to explain that when there was a good sale on an item that we regularly used, stocking up just made sense.  He never seemed to get that.

Until now.  He still gets nervous if I have backups -- like a couple extra bottles of Alba Botanica lotion.

But I counted the number of bags we have of his favorite cereal from Costco this morning.

He came home with more last night and scurried off to the "pantry room" with them.  The current "sale" ends on the 28th so time to stock up is running out.

So how many bags are in the house right now?

Eighteen.  Eighteen 35.3-ounce bags.

Just sayin'.

@just bee - Wow, I like to stock up during a good sale too, but that is a lot of cereal.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

my moderna shot kicked in about bed time last night. That shot packs a powerful below the belt punch. Wow my body was breaking into small pieces. Feel a bit better tonight still some what sore.

not much else. Dh is not affected one bit by the shot.

ok later guys

@viva923 

Everyone at work who's been vaccinated has complained about the second shot.  One of our traveling nurses -- a military guy -- admitted that he thought he was going to die.  He almost called 911.  Horrible reaction.  Bed was soaked with sweat.  Body aches, vomiting, diarrhea.  He felt like death.

I still plan to avoid the shot but I can't help think my hospital will tell me I can't ditch the mask if I'm not vaccinated.  And then I will be really p_ssed. Woman Mad

@just bee - That's what our hospital has already said. No vaccine, have to wear the mask anytime you're inside the building. But everyone is wearing masks anyway right now, so I don't care. I'll see if they end up changing  the rules if I feel like getting it later, but I know I don't want it right now for sure. 

Honored Contributor

hey all

we are so water logged here. more rain moved in this morn. up to 2 inch for past 24 hour mark of non stop rain. much flooding around the area for us.

not much here today

did morn chores,

did morn walk

clothes in dryer

did not get wet on morn walk today, rain quit for about an hour, back to more rain again began about half hour ago.

ok guys later.

Trusted Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@KaySD wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee - Speaking of maple, we have lots of maple trees on our property and hubby wants to try and tap some of the trees this year and see if we can make any real, homemade maple syrup. Oh man, if he manages that, that would be awesome! I don't eat a lot of honey, but I do love maple syrup on my pancakes and waffles! 

@rnmom You do know they have to be sugar maples, right? Other kinds, and there are many, won't do.

@KaySD - Yep, that's what hubby said. I don't know anything about it, but he's been looking into it. He's got several taps flowing already. I hope it turns out good. 

@rnmm

Good luck! I've sat overnight in the cold babysitting the sugar as it reduces, and making sur ethe taps are monitored and stopped on time. It's a pretty big job. Please report back how it went, okay?

Respected Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@KaySD wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee - Speaking of maple, we have lots of maple trees on our property and hubby wants to try and tap some of the trees this year and see if we can make any real, homemade maple syrup. Oh man, if he manages that, that would be awesome! I don't eat a lot of honey, but I do love maple syrup on my pancakes and waffles! 

@rnmom You do know they have to be sugar maples, right? Other kinds, and there are many, won't do.

@KaySD - Yep, that's what hubby said. I don't know anything about it, but he's been looking into it. He's got several taps flowing already. I hope it turns out good. 

@rnmm

Good luck! I've sat overnight in the cold babysitting the sugar as it reduces, and making sur ethe taps are monitored and stopped on time. It's a pretty big job. Please report back how it went, okay?

@KaySD - Thanks, I will!