Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- Winter 2020 Edition

@aprilskies wrote:

Hi @Brisky and all.  I had tried signing in several times over the last few weeks and could not. It was taking me to some kind of product page so I gave up. Then I got busy. Then I saw all your shoutouts and thought I would  try again. Yahoo.  The Q has been having quite a bit of trouble with sigining in for the last few months. At least I have had trouble anyway. 

I am glad that everyone is doing well. I will see you all in the March thread as I see we are now going month to month. 

Thank you all for thinking of me. I am doing okay. 

@aprilskies 

Good to "see" you!  And glad you finally made it in here.  The forums have been having oodles of problems lately, and it looks like just as they seem to be getting fixed, they're on the blink again.  I haven't had problems signing in, but it's been a job.

Very glad to hear that everything is well on your end.❤️

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Brisky wrote:
Lace tops remind me of old curtains! Don't ever go down that road😬 I also like a beige bra because it looks better when you where white. I am a no nonsense dresser as I got older. Sounds really boring.... I have classic turtle necks in white and black and some great sweaters. Still kind of boring though. Hmmm egads now I feel terrible....I like color on my toenails. I love that.
My nails, are clear nail polish. Never color.
Geeze, I feel awful boring.
I am leaving now
Boring Brisk out for the night.......

@Brisky 

It's funny, but when I think of you the one word that doesn't enter my mind is boring.

However, if you're boring because of your wardrobe, then I must be boring, too.  Either that or I'm channeling Steve Jobs.  Open my closet and all you will see hanging there is black.  Some gray.  Any color I have left in my wardrobe has been downgraded to sleepwear.

Yesterday we took the dog for an afternoon walk and I didn't even wear a jacket.  Just black hiking pants, a black longsleeve T-shirt and red hiking boots.  It's already getting too warm for turtlenecks (although it might snow today) but I stocked several cheap black and gray turtlenecks back in November.

Yes, that's one of the reasons I abandoned white bras.  They are too visible under clothes, even though I rarely wear anything that sheer.  But clothes are getting cheaper and thinner and even those new turtlenecks are more revealing than I'd like.  I may have to do a Kate Hepburn and wear them under a man's shirt.

I have no nail polish in the house.  When I was wearing my Birkenstocks (which I avoided like the plague in college because everyone was wearing them), I wore polish.  That was probably the 90s.  Maybe early 2000s, too, because that's when I blew out my knee and they were the only shoes I could wear without screaming.

But I did save several pairs after the fire.  I generally don't like displaying my feet.  I don't even go barefoot in the house.  They aren't hideous, but I have very long toes.  I can hang from tree branches.  The toe next to my big toe is even longer.  I can knit with those two.

But I'm determined to free my feet this year.  Unmask them, if you will.  I might require some polish.  But I hate getting into that whole routine of nail color maintenance.

Maybe my toes will just have to go natural.  Maybe people will just see my red Birkenstocks.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

my moderna shot kicked in about bed time last night. That shot packs a powerful below the belt punch. Wow my body was breaking into small pieces. Feel a bit better tonight still some what sore.

not much else. Dh is not affected one bit by the shot.

ok later guys

@viva923 

Everyone at work who's been vaccinated has complained about the second shot.  One of our traveling nurses -- a military guy -- admitted that he thought he was going to die.  He almost called 911.  Horrible reaction.  Bed was soaked with sweat.  Body aches, vomiting, diarrhea.  He felt like death.

I still plan to avoid the shot but I can't help think my hospital will tell me I can't ditch the mask if I'm not vaccinated.  And then I will be really p_ssed. Woman Mad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Hi @Brisky and all.  I had tried signing in several times over the last few weeks and could not. It was taking me to some kind of product page so I gave up. Then I got busy. Then I saw all your shoutouts and thought I would  try again. Yahoo.  The Q has been having quite a bit of trouble with sigining in for the last few months. At least I have had trouble anyway. 

I am glad that everyone is doing well. I will see you all in the March thread as I see we are now going month to month. 

Thank you all for thinking of me. I am doing okay. 

@aprilskies 

Most of us are getting that weird page.  

Good to hear from you and we hope to see more of you next month!  (That's tomorrow, by the way.) Heart

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Happy to see February go.

I usually don't care much for March, but I'm getting impatient.  I told BH yesterday that our new redbud might be a deadbud.

I don't want to make it nervous by staring at it every day, so it better start showing some signs of life in March.

REDBUD oklahoma - Covingtons

The bees are waiting.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of white bras and black bras, I'm reminded of Janet Leigh in Hitchcock's Psycho.  In the beginning of the film she's wearing a white bra, but once she goes bad she's in a black bra.

And then look what happens.

So now I have to decide if I'm going to order.  Sale ends today.

Honored Contributor

Pin on Animal funnies

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@geezerette - I hear ya. I started off good yesterday, had blueberries and yogurt for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, but by evening I was eating maple flavored puffs and thin mint cookies. After dinner. Sigh. Try again today. 

@rnmom 

Maple?  What are these maple puffs of which you speak?

gets me every time | Talking dog, Funny dog videos, Dog gifs

@just bee - I had gotten them from Kroger a while ago, they are the Simple Truth brand, Maple Pecan puffs. I hadn't tried them yet so I cracked open a bag the other day. Well, they are delicious! They kind of taste like caramel corn but they are not as sweet and much easier to chew. They are the texture of a cheese puff. Because they are so light I ended up eating the whole bag in 2 days! I do have one more here, but I'll wait and open that one later, maybe next week!

@rnmom 

Simple Truth Organic™ Maple Pecan Baked Puffs, 6 oz - Ralphs

I don't need to know this.

Oh, wait.  But they're organic.  They must be good for you, right?

@just bee - Yes, those are the ones! They are delicious!

@rnmom @just bee ugh ugh really omgosh. I didnt need to know about these. Bad girls!!!

@aprilskies 

@rnmom 

I don't want these.

No, I want this:

Maple Bars - Picture of Doughboys Donuts, Reno - Tripadvisor

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Brisky wrote:
Lace tops remind me of old curtains! Don't ever go down that road😬 I also like a beige bra because it looks better when you where white. I am a no nonsense dresser as I got older. Sounds really boring.... I have classic turtle necks in white and black and some great sweaters. Still kind of boring though. Hmmm egads now I feel terrible....I like color on my toenails. I love that.
My nails, are clear nail polish. Never color.
Geeze, I feel awful boring.
I am leaving now
Boring Brisk out for the night.......

@Brisky 

It's funny, but when I think of you the one word that doesn't enter my mind is boring.

However, if you're boring because of your wardrobe, then I must be boring, too.  Either that or I'm channeling Steve Jobs.  Open my closet and all you will see hanging there is black.  Some gray.  Any color I have left in my wardrobe has been downgraded to sleepwear.

Yesterday we took the dog for an afternoon walk and I didn't even wear a jacket.  Just black hiking pants, a black longsleeve T-shirt and red hiking boots.  It's already getting too warm for turtlenecks (although it might snow today) but I stocked several cheap black and gray turtlenecks back in November.

Yes, that's one of the reasons I abandoned white bras.  They are too visible under clothes, even though I rarely wear anything that sheer.  But clothes are getting cheaper and thinner and even those new turtlenecks are more revealing than I'd like.  I may have to do a Kate Hepburn and wear them under a man's shirt.

I have no nail polish in the house.  When I was wearing my Birkenstocks (which I avoided like the plague in college because everyone was wearing them), I wore polish.  That was probably the 90s.  Maybe early 2000s, too, because that's when I blew out my knee and they were the only shoes I could wear without screaming.

But I did save several pairs after the fire.  I generally don't like displaying my feet.  I don't even go barefoot in the house.  They aren't hideous, but I have very long toes.  I can hang from tree branches.  The toe next to my big toe is even longer.  I can knit with those two.

But I'm determined to free my feet this year.  Unmask them, if you will.  I might require some polish.  But I hate getting into that whole routine of nail color maintenance.

Maybe my toes will just have to go natural.  Maybe people will just see my red Birkenstocks.

@just bee 

@Brisky 

Ditto!

Only I have white tees instead of black.  Three reasons: the black shirts leave black dye on my white and beige bras.  I buy cheap bras and they don't come in black.  And if they did, I'd be changing all the time when I wore light or dark tees.  Too complicated.

Two--the black tees don't match exactly to my black pants.  And I mean exactly.  They don't fade at the same rate, nor are they the same shade of black.  A fetish.  (One of many.)

Three--I always end up with the sleeves of the black tees with bleach spots from cleaning my sink.  The white tees don't show the bleach.

I don't do nail polish either.  I can't handle the smell anymore and it's too much of a pain to keep up.  I never could stand polish on my fingers but I did wear it on my toes for years.  Now it's too much trouble.  I feel the same way about jewelry--too much trouble now.

I'm still wearing ancient nightgowns because I don't like the colors, prints and material of the current crop.  My favorites are off white.  As much as I favor black, somehow I don't like it for my nightgown.  And I'd have to wash them separately.  Once again, too much trouble.

I sense a pattern developing here...

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Pin on Animal funnies

EE82CAF8-7C4C-4F77-96B4-F27B02BA2D9D.jpeg