Respected Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- Winter 2020 Edition

Must add this phrase " I'm not only starting to look like my aunt Tessa, I'm beginning to smell like her too"
Ron Weasley, goblet of fire.
I am Ron....🤣
Respected Contributor

Think it was actually Tessy!!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Brisky and all.  I had tried signing in several times over the last few weeks and could not. It was taking me to some kind of product page so I gave up. Then I got busy. Then I saw all your shoutouts and thought I would  try again. Yahoo.  The Q has been having quite a bit of trouble with sigining in for the last few months. At least I have had trouble anyway. 

I am glad that everyone is doing well. I will see you all in the March thread as I see we are now going month to month. 

Thank you all for thinking of me. I am doing okay. 

Respected Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
@rnmom, that would be cool. What does a maple tree look like? I will Google one later.
How are you doing in your neck of the woods?

@Brisky - Hi! Sorry I am so behind on this thread, I've been busy working extra these past couple of weeks. We are doing ok, tired of the cold and certainly ready for spring. I always get kind of cranky this time of year because I'm tired of being cooped up and want to get outside, 

And of course, I'm getting tired of other things too, that I won't talk about here. How have you been doing? 

It's hard for me to describe what a maple tree looks like, I hope you can google a picture. I definitely can't tell the difference when there's no leaves on the trees this time of year, but hubby obviously can. He's getting a good bit of sap already.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@geezerette - I hear ya. I started off good yesterday, had blueberries and yogurt for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, but by evening I was eating maple flavored puffs and thin mint cookies. After dinner. Sigh. Try again today. 

@rnmom 

Maple?  What are these maple puffs of which you speak?

gets me every time | Talking dog, Funny dog videos, Dog gifs

@just bee - I had gotten them from Kroger a while ago, they are the Simple Truth brand, Maple Pecan puffs. I hadn't tried them yet so I cracked open a bag the other day. Well, they are delicious! They kind of taste like caramel corn but they are not as sweet and much easier to chew. They are the texture of a cheese puff. Because they are so light I ended up eating the whole bag in 2 days! I do have one more here, but I'll wait and open that one later, maybe next week!

@rnmom 

Simple Truth Organic™ Maple Pecan Baked Puffs, 6 oz - Ralphs

I don't need to know this.

Oh, wait.  But they're organic.  They must be good for you, right?

@just bee - Yes, those are the ones! They are delicious!

Respected Contributor

@geezerette - I love maple, and pecans. Yum.

Respected Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@geezerette - I hear ya. I started off good yesterday, had blueberries and yogurt for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, but by evening I was eating maple flavored puffs and thin mint cookies. After dinner. Sigh. Try again today. 

@rnmom 

Maple?  What are these maple puffs of which you speak?

gets me every time | Talking dog, Funny dog videos, Dog gifs

@just bee - I had gotten them from Kroger a while ago, they are the Simple Truth brand, Maple Pecan puffs. I hadn't tried them yet so I cracked open a bag the other day. Well, they are delicious! They kind of taste like caramel corn but they are not as sweet and much easier to chew. They are the texture of a cheese puff. Because they are so light I ended up eating the whole bag in 2 days! I do have one more here, but I'll wait and open that one later, maybe next week!

@rnmom 

Simple Truth Organic™ Maple Pecan Baked Puffs, 6 oz - Ralphs

I don't need to know this.

Oh, wait.  But they're organic.  They must be good for you, right?

@just bee - Yes, those are the ones! They are delicious!

@rnmom @just bee ugh ugh really omgosh. I didnt need to know about these. Bad girls!!!

Respected Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee - Speaking of maple, we have lots of maple trees on our property and hubby wants to try and tap some of the trees this year and see if we can make any real, homemade maple syrup. Oh man, if he manages that, that would be awesome! I don't eat a lot of honey, but I do love maple syrup on my pancakes and waffles! 

@rnmom You do know they have to be sugar maples, right? Other kinds, and there are many, won't do.

@KaySD - Yep, that's what hubby said. I don't know anything about it, but he's been looking into it. He's got several taps flowing already. I hope it turns out good. 

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

my moderna shot kicked in about bed time last night. That shot packs a powerful below the belt punch. Wow my body was breaking into small pieces. Feel a bit better tonight still some what sore.

not much else. Dh is not affected one bit by the shot.

ok later guys

@viva923 

I sure hope you're feeling better today.  It sounds like you had quite a reaction to that second injection.  "They" say that's good because it indicates a robust immune system.  Let's hope "they" are right.

At least you can comfort yourself with the knowledge that was the final (hopefully!🤞) vaccine shot.

Take care--and take it a little easier until you feel better!❤️

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Must add this phrase " I'm not only starting to look like my aunt Tessa, I'm beginning to smell like her too"
Ron Weasley, goblet of fire.
I am Ron....🤣

@Brisky 

In my case, I think I'm taking on a lot of characteristics of my mother the older I get.  

Which, the older I get, isn't as horrifying a thought as it used to be when I was young. 😳😉