Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- Winter 2020 Edition

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
Ok. You we’re doing fine with the musical extravaganza until you ruined it with Robert Goulet. 🤢

🤣

Rain here today and apparently a rain pattern for the next 2 weeks. Between the rain and Wednesday I’m positively giddy.

Watching Red River. Scrounging leftovers tonight. Tomorrow football playoffs and spaghetti.

@geezeretteI hope everything goes ok with the leak. I’d be freaked out, too.

@bikerbabe 

😳

You don't like Robert Goulet!?!?  😱

That is almost a sacrilege in my book.  

That voice...talk about something to soothe the soul.🥰

Not to mention that he was very soothing to the eyes, as well.😍

I guess there's just no accounting for taste. 😉☺️

(As for the leak, it appears to be taken care of--so far.  Thanks for being concerned.  Guess you can be forgiven for the Robert Goulet thing.😆😘)

@geezerette 

Apparently, according to family legend, I was very upset that my first love  married Carol Lawrence in 1963. I felt be… | Robert goulet, Movie stars,  Hollywood actor

If ever I would leave you,
How could it be in springtime?
Knowing how in spring I'm bewitched by you so?
Oh, no! Not in springtime!
Summer, winter or fall!
No, never could I leave you at all!

@just bee 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

F0AFD84E-A3B8-4824-A33E-2E7D992E1241.png
07CBFA76-F89F-48CC-8FFA-D3C0D7B16668.jpeg
381CAAC1-9AFA-426D-96A6-9A8ECD6B16A4.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Poor @bikerbabe.  You're probably bringing up your breakfast right about now.  Especially after that last one.🤢😆

Sorry.  I just couldn't resist. 

I'll stop now and let your stomach settle.😉😆

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@Brisky wrote:
My outlook on 2021? Well, my goal is to get to put on 10 pounds. Ok, seems easy right?. Well I haven't been eating sugar and forgoing chocolate and fast food.
So I want to be healthy and gain 10 pounds. I almost always feel really good at 135 because I am 5'7.

Taking care of my mother made me drop 12 pounds! Realistically that makes me feel scrawny. I want to remain in a size 8. I know I feel better there. I have started my leg work outs again for my legs. I haven't started the weights yet for my arms Y E T. I will soon.

We are not replacing our home yet because building supplies are short plus land has skyrocketed here. Where we would like to build would probably cost 200,000 per acre. Only Colorado right! Actually might be higher by the Monument.1/4 acre is 179,000. We want one acre.
Then we can build our one story home, right? That will take approximately 6 to 7 months. We found our builder. We know and have looked extensively for that.
I want all wood floors and a wrap around porch. We won't have worlds greatest globe willow there. The sun here in Western Co is hot and dead dry. Underground sprinklers is a must have.... sturdy fencing for approximately half and acre.
Light tile for bathrooms.
So I am still in my bigger two story home with luckily 1/2 acre in back and smaller front yard.

They are putting BIG homes on no land here. Ugly IMO
It is all about LAND where we live. I like my home here but I would prefer one level eventually. Still want approximately 2,500 sq ft home. Same as I have now.

Rosey is doing OK for now with her diabetes. It was touchy at first. She has gained weight too. She looks good but I still worry of course.

Still feeling kinda blah though... I don't know why exactly.
I want to watch Braveheart again. I do love that ending...🙂 Bittersweet, I guess.
I remember when my DH and I watched it for the first time. We were in Germany. We were both like WOW, So well done. It's a great movie.
I have blathered enough to you all!
Ok I will go now...take care all
Brisk out and hoping all is well where your at...🙂
Dill pickles are my absolute favorite!

@Brisky - Boy, I wish I had the problem of having to put on 10lbs!  But that's good that you're trying to do it in a smart way, not by eating sugar and fast food.

MY first inclination would be to hit all of the sweet treats that I've passed up over the last year. Cookies, cakes, chocolate. That and the pizza, doritoes, etc. All the delicious junk food that I rarely eat anymore.

Thank goodness you've got more sense than me! Load up on lean protein, healthy carbs, good fats (like those olives) and some homemade baked treats! I hope that you start to feel better soon.

That's crazy outrageous prices for land where you're at. We could never afford anything like that here. I guess I'm pretty lucky to have our 30 acres. We have a 2 story house too, we had it built in 2012.

I don't know if we'll move someday or not, we probably will just because the taxes are so high that I don't know if we'll be able to afford it after we retire. But if not, we did design it so that no one would HAVE to use the loft or the basement if they didn't want to. We could easily live on just the main floor.

But the property has a 10 acre lake in the middle of it and woods around it. Hubby would like just more regular woods to hunt so we might look for something even more remote. Which is actually fine with me as long as I'm retired and don't have to drive in the winter. I still would actually like to leave Michigan all together. 

@rnmom 

I've got 80 acres with about 50 in woods (complete with deer), rest in pasture.  House, pond.  Four seasons, mild winters.

Right now I'd sell it cheap.  In fact, if you'd let me put up a trailer and hang out until Carla goes and you be responsible for the rest, I'll just will it to you.

The way things are going lately, it won't be too long before you'd own it free and clear.

@geezerette - That actually sounds AMAZING! I'd be in in a heartbeat! And of course you could stay and hang out! Ah, what a nice dream!

@rnmom 

Or nightmare.

Actually, I really shouldn't be so critical.  I do know many people that would love to be living here.  And I will have to admit that some days there is no place else I'd rather be.

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Brisky wrote:
My outlook on 2021? Well, my goal is to get to put on 10 pounds. Ok, seems easy right?. Well I haven't been eating sugar and forgoing chocolate and fast food.
So I want to be healthy and gain 10 pounds. I almost always feel really good at 135 because I am 5'7.

Taking care of my mother made me drop 12 pounds! Realistically that makes me feel scrawny. I want to remain in a size 8. I know I feel better there. I have started my leg work outs again for my legs. I haven't started the weights yet for my arms Y E T. I will soon.

We are not replacing our home yet because building supplies are short plus land has skyrocketed here. Where we would like to build would probably cost 200,000 per acre. Only Colorado right! Actually might be higher by the Monument.1/4 acre is 179,000. We want one acre.
Then we can build our one story home, right? That will take approximately 6 to 7 months. We found our builder. We know and have looked extensively for that.
I want all wood floors and a wrap around porch. We won't have worlds greatest globe willow there. The sun here in Western Co is hot and dead dry. Underground sprinklers is a must have.... sturdy fencing for approximately half and acre.
Light tile for bathrooms.
So I am still in my bigger two story home with luckily 1/2 acre in back and smaller front yard.

They are putting BIG homes on no land here. Ugly IMO
It is all about LAND where we live. I like my home here but I would prefer one level eventually. Still want approximately 2,500 sq ft home. Same as I have now.

Rosey is doing OK for now with her diabetes. It was touchy at first. She has gained weight too. She looks good but I still worry of course.

Still feeling kinda blah though... I don't know why exactly.
I want to watch Braveheart again. I do love that ending...🙂 Bittersweet, I guess.
I remember when my DH and I watched it for the first time. We were in Germany. We were both like WOW, So well done. It's a great movie.
I have blathered enough to you all!
Ok I will go now...take care all
Brisk out and hoping all is well where your at...🙂
Dill pickles are my absolute favorite!

@Brisky 

I'll be lucky to get $2,000 an acre.  And that's the paved road frontage.

@geezerette 

Would you take a check?

@just bee -   I know, right? I'd be all over that in a heart beat, sounds perfect! 

@rnmom 

How fast can you be packed?

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee - We're actually thinking about Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, something like that. We will have to do some scouting for sure and see what's available. 

@rnmom 

New Yorkers and New Jerseyans are flocking to North Carolina.  If one of them opens a great deli, fine, but you might want to rethink that choice.

New Yorkers moved here and we still don't have a good deli.  Can't get a decent bagel west of the Mississippi. Woman Sad

@just bee - Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know that.

@rnmom 

It sounds like they're heading south.  When Chicagoans decided to relocate, they went to Atlanta.  I know Californians who moved to Virginia and Tennessee.

Check the migration patterns before you commit.

@just bee 

@rnmom 

It's also helpful if you know someone that's moved there.  The locals will tend to paint the perfect picture for you, but someone that's lived somewhere else first and has purposely moved (and stayed) can give you a more unbiased opinion.  Especially if it's a person with which you have things in common.

We looked for "the" place that everyone was going to from our desert paradise.  But they all were scattering to the winds.  No one specific area.

Every place has good things and bad.  You just have to pick your priorities and put up with what you don't like.

Super Contributor

GURL... LOVE.  You really put your heart into these...

@just bee wrote:

@bigtraps wrote:

GURL... I love your hives.  Local bee honey is SO important in my daily diet.  YAS GURL.  Meow !

@bigtraps 

Self-Extracting Beehive Dispenses Honey Without Disturbing Bees

Flow Hives – Flow Hive US

Honored Contributor

Fabulous sunrise, red sky and a good chance of rain today. Woman Very Happy

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@bigtraps wrote:

GURL... LOVE.  You really put your heart into these...

@just bee wrote:

@bigtraps wrote:

GURL... I love your hives.  Local bee honey is SO important in my daily diet.  YAS GURL.  Meow !

@bigtraps 

Self-Extracting Beehive Dispenses Honey Without Disturbing Bees

Flow Hives – Flow Hive US

@bigtraps 

The hives are fabulous, arent they?  Unfortunately, they aren't mine.  I have no hives -- just an appreciation for bees.

But when I see a beautiful hive, I'll post it. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

GURL... YAS... Thank you for posting.  LOVE Them ! ! ! !

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@geezerette - That actually sounds AMAZING! I'd be in in a heartbeat! And of course you could stay and hang out! Ah, what a nice dream!

@rnmom 

Or nightmare.

Actually, I really shouldn't be so critical.  I do know many people that would love to be living here.  And I will have to admit that some days there is no place else I'd rather be.

@geezerette 

@rnmom 

There are 50 states -- for now -- and I've lived in just four of them.  I think I've set foot in 23 of them.  Not counting the ones that were short stops between flights.

There were states I liked very much but I'd never live in them.

There's a difference between the state and what has been done to the state because of the human influence.  

I criticize New Mexico but the state itself has done nothing wrong.  The insects are large -- but are generally interesting -- and much of the plant life is hostile.  Few species don't have thorns, burrs, stickers or something sharp that will hurt you.

It's dry and there are days when it's just plain unattractive.  But it's the high desert.  That's what the high desert is.

There are days when it looks pretty good.  The climate is reasonable and there are four distinct seasons.  We don't have to worry about hurricanes or earthquakes.  Tornadoes are rare.

Geographically and historically, the state is interesting.  We have hot air balloons, green chile, charming critters, a variety of architecture and my dog doesn't have fleas.  That's important and it's one reason I'm still here.

But there's a very long list of problems in this state that are really frustrating.

I have noticed in the past 25 years that the state has lost much of its unique "Southwesterness."  When I moved here, women wore broomstick skirts and lots of silver jewelry.  That's really no longer the case.  The culture -- the good parts, the parts that brought people here -- is disappearing and the bad parts remain.

And no one is doing anything to address the things that have us at the bottom of every good list and at the top of every bad list.

So where would I move?  Not sure.  At this point it might not even make sense.  Why?  Because most of the things that drive me crazy in New Mexico are the same things that would drive me crazy in other states.