Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- September 2022 Edition

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:
@just bee 

What I've been noticing is that many of the places I shop (in person and online) seem to be no longer stocking the varieties of items they used to.

And invariably the variety I happen to want is one of the ones they no longer carry.😖

Sometimes it's the store decision, but sometimes the company has quit manufacturing the product(s).

@geezerette 

Yup, seeing the same thing here.  Trying not to get too attached to anything.

@just bee 

Me too, at least that's what I keep trying to tell myself.

I harken back to when whatever we had in the house was whatever was on sale that week.

But I've gotten extremely spoiled.  Like the rest of society.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Nowadays I have to pay tax on almost everything--whether I order or buy locally.  And our sales taxes seem to have gotten astronomical in the last few years.  If I could only figure out how the increase has improved anything in the state/city.🤷‍♀️

@geezerette 

As much as I enjoy Balloon Fiesta, I don't care for city officials' annual campaign ("Company's Coming!") that asks citizens to volunteer to clean up Albuquerque so that tourists don't see our filth.

Considering all the taxes we pay, the city should be addressing the problem all year long instead of one week out of the year.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Took WGD through the burned portion of the bosque yesterday.  Our "Black Forest."

It's an even larger area than I'd imagined.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Today is our fall equilux.  Sun rises at exactly 7am and sets at exactly 7pm.

Apparently there is a subtle difference (that I don't understand) between an "equinox" and an "equilux".  Something about how it's calculated using the sun.

Either one is pretty cool though. 🌞🌚🍁

Add to that it's a glorious day here--dry, sunny, and close to seasonal temps for a change.👍

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Today is our fall equilux.  Sun rises at exactly 7am and sets at exactly 7pm.

Apparently there is a subtle difference (that I don't understand) between an "equinox" and an "equilux".  Something about how it's calculated using the sun.

Either one is pretty cool though. 🌞🌚🍁

Add to that it's a glorious day here--dry, sunny, and close to seasonal temps for a change.👍

@geezerette 

Fall weather sure makes a difference in my mood.  That little bit of crispness...

Honored Contributor

hello all

super busy today

getting moderna shot #4 in half hour later all

Honored Contributor

Husband got back at about 7:30 last night, drove through torrential rain 3 times on the way home.  His voice is hoarse from yelling (I guess).  They had a blast.  Son is most likely a little hung over....it's a drinking event, also.

We didn't get but 3 drops of rain.

Today is beautiful, just got back from a hour walk along the beach.  Pretty crowded I guess because of the Jewish holiday.  

Trash @just bee  is never a problem here except on the beach.  And it just goes into the ocean with the tide sadly. 

Not so much water bottles like you'd think or even wrappers from snacks. 

But the junky dollar toys parents buy their kids on the boardwalk when they're here just for a day.  Buckets, shovels, plastic junk toys to make sandcastle adornments. 

The parents just leave them here.  Won't even take them to the trash cans at every dune.  What?  Do they think they belong on the beach? 

As far as I'm concerned the parents don't belong on the beach.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

Wow.  My tea has shipped already.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Husband got back at about 7:30 last night, drove through torrential rain 3 times on the way home.  His voice is hoarse from yelling (I guess).  They had a blast.  Son is most likely a little hung over....it's a drinking event, also.

We didn't get but 3 drops of rain.

Today is beautiful, just got back from a hour walk along the beach.  Pretty crowded I guess because of the Jewish holiday.  

Trash @just bee  is never a problem here except on the beach.  And it just goes into the ocean with the tide sadly. 

Not so much water bottles like you'd think or even wrappers from snacks. 

But the junky dollar toys parents buy their kids on the boardwalk when they're here just for a day.  Buckets, shovels, plastic junk toys to make sandcastle adornments. 

The parents just leave them here.  Won't even take them to the trash cans at every dune.  What?  Do they think they belong on the beach? 

As far as I'm concerned the parents don't belong on the beach.

@Lucky Charm 

I'd like to think that the parents are leaving the toys behind for other kids to play with.  But that's probably not the case.

New Mexico's litter problem is a real issue.  I live on the city's Westside and, for so long, people used it as a dumping ground.  People still drop their furniture, appliances and other assorted junk out in the desert rather than pay a fee at the city dump.

A lot of it is on our roads causing accidents.

I grew up with the Iron Eyes Cody commercial.  I don't like litter.  I don't toss trash out of my car.  I don't drop garbage on the ground because I'm too lazy to find a trash receptacle.  I pick up my dog's ____.

And, maybe one day, we will live in a world where we won't see used masks all over the ground and hanging from shrubs.

Honored Contributor

Thumbnail of Biscochito

Thumbnail of Jasmine Pearls | Organic

Thumbnail of Earl Grey Jasmine Monkey King

Thumbnail of Vanilla Green

These are the ones I ordered this morning.