Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- September 2022 Edition

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

Don't mention peaches. Woman Mad

A coworker wanted me to bring her a peach this week and she's been out of her office.  I've left the peach in the fridge at work, hoping she'll be in at some point.

Another coworker saw the peach with the person's name on it and thought, "Hey!  I'd like to give her a peach, too!"

So she pulls this peach out of her bag and I look at it and say, "Is that a Palisade?"  This coworker has a home in Colorado.

"YES!," she chirps.  "Picked right off the tree!"

The thing is massive.  Almost as big as a softball.  The ones we've bought are nowhere near that size.

I haven't told BH yet...

@just bee 

Sounds like she could become your new best friend...😉

Honored Contributor

We pass dozens of peach orchards when we hit the road out of here.  And there are plenty of roadside places to stop along the way.  Peaches are fragrant, good sized and juicy. 

But, if I shopped for peaches in the grocery store on this island, I'm afraid they'd be from out of state.  Maybe out of the country.  Maybe out of this world!

The canned crab meat here that goes on sale for $20-some dollars a can (about double the size of a can of tuna fish) ---comes from CHINA.  You can walk about 3 blocks from this grocery store and see crab pots floating in the bay.....

Why?

Honored Contributor

It's down to 84 degrees today and the cat is already lying in the sun.

The long-haired cat, yet.

🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

🤷‍♀️

It's freezing here at 65*.  I have pants on and long sleeves and I'm ready for socks, I feel like my feet are turning blue...

This is just the beginning!  (This is the tip of the *iceburg*.)

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

🤷‍♀️

It's freezing here at 65*.  I have pants on and long sleeves and I'm ready for socks, I feel like my feet are turning blue...

This is just the beginning!  (This is the tip of the *iceburg*.)

@Lucky Charm 

I'm delighted if it gets down to 65 degrees at night this time of year!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

Don't mention peaches. Woman Mad

A coworker wanted me to bring her a peach this week and she's been out of her office.  I've left the peach in the fridge at work, hoping she'll be in at some point.

Another coworker saw the peach with the person's name on it and thought, "Hey!  I'd like to give her a peach, too!"

So she pulls this peach out of her bag and I look at it and say, "Is that a Palisade?"  This coworker has a home in Colorado.

"YES!," she chirps.  "Picked right off the tree!"

The thing is massive.  Almost as big as a softball.  The ones we've bought are nowhere near that size.

I haven't told BH yet...

@just bee 

@geezerette 

Shouldn't have mentioned this to BH.  Now he's accusing me of peach envy.  Says our peaches are perfectly fine and that just because the other peach is enormous it doesn't mean it's any good.

Well, it certainly looked good.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

We pass dozens of peach orchards when we hit the road out of here.  And there are plenty of roadside places to stop along the way.  Peaches are fragrant, good sized and juicy. 

But, if I shopped for peaches in the grocery store on this island, I'm afraid they'd be from out of state.  Maybe out of the country.  Maybe out of this world!

The canned crab meat here that goes on sale for $20-some dollars a can (about double the size of a can of tuna fish) ---comes from CHINA.  You can walk about 3 blocks from this grocery store and see crab pots floating in the bay.....

Why?

@Lucky Charm 

Well, get ready for more of the same.  The farmers are warning of a pathetic harvest so we're going to have less food out there.

Less food, getting to us even more slowly.

Maybe we'll all lose some weight.  Won't be surprised if that's how they'll spin it.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Happy Friday from Heritage Bee Farm!! Have an awesome weekend! www.heritagebees.com | Bee farm ...

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

Shouldn't have mentioned this to BH.  Now he's accusing me of peach envy.  Says our peaches are perfectly fine and that just because the other peach is enormous it doesn't mean it's any good.

@just bee It’s not the size that matters.....🙃☺️

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

@just bee It’s not the size that matters.....🙃☺️

@aprilskies 

That's the general rule, true, but this peach was larger than some grapefruit.  This calls for an investigation.  I'm going to have to go to Colorado and see if Coloradans are getting massive peaches while the smaller ones get driven down to fruit stands in New Mexico.

Where's @Brisky? Woman LOL