Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- September 2022 Edition

@just bee wrote:

I'm supposed to be napping before work but I was having the most disturbing dreams.  Decided to get up and shower.  Can't believe how much hair I lose in a day.

Good thing it's thick or I'd be bald by now.  I don't see any improvement so I'm going to have to start thinking about what to do when I do go bald.

Shave it all off?   Buy a wig?  Wear a scarf?

@just bee 

Didn't you shave it off or close to it at one point?  If I remember correctly, you liked it.  Said it was freeing.

If you weren't, or still aren't, getting adequate nutrition because of your digestion that would have a delayed effect on hair growth too, I would imagine.

Another thing is that as I get older I find that my hair doesn't grow as quickly as it used to.  Or maybe my nutrition isn't as good as it used to be either, which I readily admit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I'm supposed to be napping before work but I was having the most disturbing dreams.  Decided to get up and shower.  Can't believe how much hair I lose in a day.

Good thing it's thick or I'd be bald by now.  I don't see any improvement so I'm going to have to start thinking about what to do when I do go bald.

Shave it all off?   Buy a wig?  Wear a scarf?

@just bee 

Didn't you shave it off or close to it at one point?  If I remember correctly, you liked it.  Said it was freeing.

If you weren't, or still aren't, getting adequate nutrition because of your digestion that would have a delayed effect on hair growth too, I would imagine.

Another thing is that as I get older I find that my hair doesn't grow as quickly as it used to.  Or maybe my nutrition isn't as good as it used to be either, which I readily admit.

@geezerette 

Yes.  It was shaved to fuzz a few years ago and I liked it until it started growing straight up.  And, of course, everyone thought I had cancer.

I thought about the nutrition aspect.  And the aging aspect.  And the stress aspect.

This is supposedly normal after an illness or major surgery.  Hair's supposed to grow back at some point.

I'm taking a break from an online class for work.  I was told it's an hour but I can see I was misled.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Bee, have you checked your thyroid numbers? Hair shouldn't be coming off that bad after surgery.
I have had many surgeries and my hair never left my head til my thyroid went rotten. Just putting it out there...
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Bee, have you checked your thyroid numbers? Hair shouldn't be coming off that bad after surgery.
I have had many surgeries and my hair never left my head til my thyroid went rotten. Just putting it out there...

@Brisky 

I'd been shedding prior to the appendicitis so, when I went to the ER and they were drawing labs, I asked repeatedly for a thyroid check.  Finally got one and was told my thyroid was normal.

Have not seen the actual numbers, however.  Will probably repeat a check when I see that new PCP.  Or maybe she can look at my medical record and tell me the numbers.  Or both.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

BH is helpful.  He says I should shave it all off and get a big bumblebee tattooed on my head.

Hmmm.

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:

Rainy day and strange threads in CC.🙃 OK, whatever..
Hang loose everybody or try too....

@Brisky 

You're not kidding! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I just finished eating 3 large bowls of mushroom stroganoff that my mother made yesterday.  O M Gosh!  Heaven help me.  Was going to take a bike ride w/Mr. so my hair would dry, but I had a lil glass of red and won't do that now....

For some crazy reason it felt like the weekend today, take your pick Friday Saturday or Sunday.  

Husband is going on a golf outing this weekend in the Poconos with 23 other guys.  So tomorrow he'll help me clean this tiny little house that still takes a whole day.

I have incence stix lit out on the deck because he said he was attacked by mosquitoes when he was watering the planters out front earlier.  We rarely have a mosquito.  And it's pretty breezy out.  So I'm getting ready to waddle out there and sit.  

I'm so full!

Honored Contributor

I have 34 mosquito bites. 🦟

I just counted.

I’m being tortured.
Trusted Contributor

@just bee We have been fortunate to not have any extreme weather for a while. It is too hot and humid and I'm looking for flights to someplace cooler, as I do this time every year. I envy DD in Vancouver.

DS is looking at Oregon. It's the forests and running culture that he loves.

My hair is more silver in the front and darker in the back, with silver streaks. I have seen strands that have changed from white to black too. But mostly they are changing from black to white. And it's gotten so frizzy, ugh!

@geezerette I was so happy to see that we do have free neuter clinics. And they even vaccinated, dewormed and flea-treated the babies. I brought them home last night, kept them in the traps overnight to rest and they were back to normal this morning when I released them. The cat people told me to try and trap the mother cat but I haven't seen her in weeks. I know she's the source of the problem. But I'm glad I was able to get the 4 babies under control. I half expected them to run away after I release them but they hung around all day waiting for food and playing. So cute. It's also a little unnerving when they're all staring at me.

C9666511-6CC3-4F3A-B589-6E13F7977908_1_201_a.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

$80 for 2 pizzas is a lot, even for Hawaii-prices. Things are out of control. I saw the avocados at Costco go from $7 to $9 to $12! Now they are back down to $7. And yes, I did still buy it at $12.