Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- September 2022 Edition

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee, good to see you are feeling better and back to work. It feels quick but I guess time is flying by. At least it gets you back to some kind of routine. Is there a reason you can’t drink wine or just a change you are making?

@geezerette, I hope you are doing with your migraines.  I get them once in a while and they are terrible. I am sure you know this already, however, my neurologist mentioned that if I take a Tylenol as soon as one appears, it helps with the severity.  When I get them it affects my thinking which is disturbing, 

Everyone seems to be going through something lately.  I hope we are all hanging in there. 

@aprilskies 

This is true.  Some of my coworkers had COVID earlier in the summer and they're still having issues. 

I think it's been an unpleasant year for a lot of people.

No reason to give up wine except that it just seemed like a good opportunity to do it if I were to do it.  I hadn't had any in over 6 weeks so why not give it up?  I'd save some money, for sure.  But I do miss a glass of wine with meals.

I intend to have a glass tonight with BH's pasta.  It would be criminal not to!  Can't waste that open bottle...

There are reasons to drink wine (health benefits) but also reasons not to (extra expense, extra calories, extra sugar).  I've lost 20 pounds and I'd like to keep it off.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

IMO GIII isn’t worth watching. I don’t even consider it part of the same story arc.

It’s also possible you’d still have that section of intestine if you’d gone sooner. 😉💕

My best nursing friend has ever been the same since her second bout of Covid 6 months ago.

Talked to family in MO over the weekend. Farmers had a bad year. Drought early then too much rain all at once later. Crops couldn’t get in soon enough and then they got flooded out. CA crops suffering from drought. And the poor migrant farmers have had a horrible couple of years. As long I can get the important staples, I’m good.

Pasta sounds so good. Haven’t had any in a long time. ☹️
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
IMO GIII isn’t worth watching. I don’t even consider it part of the same story arc.

It’s also possible you’d still have that section of intestine if you’d gone sooner. 😉💕

My best nursing friend has ever been the same since her second bout of Covid 6 months ago.

Talked to family in MO over the weekend. Farmers had a bad year. Drought early then too much rain all at once later. Crops couldn’t get in soon enough and then they got flooded out. CA crops suffering from drought. And the poor migrant farmers have had a horrible couple of years. As long I can get the important staples, I’m good.

Pasta sounds so good. Haven’t had any in a long time. ☹️

@bikerbabe 

Watching The Godfather, my sentimental favorite, right now.  Just had pasta for dinner.

Michael's on his way to the bathroom.

I don't know if I could go without pasta for long.  So I don't.

Looks like the holiday weekend is just about over...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Getting dark earlier and earlier.

Honored Contributor

I swear I’m happiest when it’s dark at 5 PM. 🤷🏻‍♀️

“Listen to them. The children of the night. What music they make.” 🧛‍♀️

🤣
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Everyone seems to be going through something lately.  I hope we are all hanging in there. 

@aprilskies 

This is true.  Some of my coworkers had COVID earlier in the summer and they're still having issues. 

I think it's been an unpleasant year for a lot of people.

No reason to give up wine except that it just seemed like a good opportunity to do it if I were to do it.  I hadn't had any in over 6 weeks so why not give it up?  I'd save some money, for sure.  But I do miss a glass of wine with meals.

I intend to have a glass tonight with BH's pasta.  It would be criminal not to!  Can't waste that open bottle...

There are reasons to drink wine (health benefits) but also reasons not to (extra expense, extra calories, extra sugar).  I've lost 20 pounds and I'd like to keep it off.

@just bee, thats great. Yes, I would want to keep it off too. That sounds like one great pasta dish.  Your BH is quite the cook/baker.  

Respected Contributor

I finally bought new eye glasses. I liked them at first, not sure how I feel about them now, however, I am thrilled they are not pulling out all my hair every time I take them off or otherwise.  I kept the last ones far too long, however, due to Covid, it was hard to understand what I was getting with masks on and the fact that when you tried something on, everyone needed to leave them to the side. Although now I am considering a pair of sunglasses. I get the transitions, however, they dont feel like they always transition much. Debating....

Lately my new obsession is ice coffee,  Dont ask me why. It is always something different and I dont need to be starting new habits.  I may break out of this one soon as the cooler weather is upon us - I think - so it will be easier.

Anyway, it was a nice long weekend and it was nice getting an extra day off. However, I am sad it is over since it now feels we will be barrellng toward Christmas. I dont know why I was sad for Summer to end this year. I am not a fan of the humidity and usually cant wait to get back to cooler weather but this year, not so much. I am feeling something I cant explain. 

I hope you all have a great day ahead.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

Any relief from the migraine?

@just bee 

A little from time to time.  Thanks for asking.❤️

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee, good to see you are feeling better and back to work. It feels quick but I guess time is flying by. At least it gets you back to some kind of routine. Is there a reason you can’t drink wine or just a change you are making?

@geezerette, I hope you are doing with your migraines.  I get them once in a while and they are terrible. I am sure you know this already, however, my neurologist mentioned that if I take a Tylenol as soon as one appears, it helps with the severity.  When I get them it affects my thinking which is disturbing, 

@aprilskies 

Excedrin is the only thing that helps me with headaches but it rarely does anything when it's a migraine.  Sometimes I can get a bit or relief for an hour or so right after I've taken one, but that doesn't always happen.  I just have to wait it out.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Getting dark earlier and earlier.

@just bee 

This morning our weatherman said we lost two and a half minutes of daylight from yesterday to today!