Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- September 2021 Edition

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

I am glad you see it too about Haagen Daz. I thought it was just me.  And I tried them twice just to be sure the first time it wasnt a fluke. Why do they always have to ruin a great product. Talenti is the same way.  I will no longer buy that either. 

@aprilskies 

Uh-oh.  What did they do to Talenti?

@just bee, I cant speak for all of the flavors of Talenti, but the ones I bought were crumbly in texture like Haagens. One of the pleasure of eating that ice cream was the creaminessf along with taste.  They changed something. 

I cant speak to all of the flavors, I only stick to certain ones but something changed enough for me to quit buying.

I am so tired of our food being messed with.

@aprilskies 

Looks like we'll be visiting Van Rixel Brothers again.  Although I can't say I was thrilled with their sorbet the last time we stocked it.  We actually threw away the peach.  Inedible.

Gotta get this dog out then head to the range...

Later!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Fruits and vegetables with actual flavor?  What a novel experience!  I vaguely remember something like that when we had our garden.  

Maybe that's why it's so hard for me to eat better.  Why go through all the trouble of fixing veggies if they just end up tasting like wet newspaper?  Fresh fruit is either hard as a rock (and just as flavorful as one) or rotten.

I've started using a lot of frozen veggies, grinding them up, and drinking them without thinking about taste just to get the fiber and whatever measly nutrients they may have.  

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

I am glad you see it too about Haagen Daz. I thought it was just me.  And I tried them twice just to be sure the first time it wasnt a fluke. Why do they always have to ruin a great product. Talenti is the same way.  I will no longer buy that either. 

@aprilskies 

@just bee, I cant speak for all of the flavors of Talenti, but the ones I bought were crumbly in texture like Haagens. One of the pleasure of eating that ice cream was the creaminessf along with taste.  They changed something. 

I cant speak to all of the flavors, I only stick to certain ones but something changed enough for me to quit buying.

@aprilskies 

Me too!

The thing I didn't like about the Talenti is that after a while I found it to be too sweet for me.  That's another reason I stick with the coffee Haagen Das--because the other flavors are too sweet.  

And you're spot on about the creaminess being a lot of what was enjoyable.  I like to get it to the consistency of the old Dairy Queen or frozen custards soft serve.  The last one or two I had didn't melt to that stage.  

Respected Contributor

Brisk back in the hive...Yes, we have fresh peaches, plums ,apples, squash, zucchini and tomatoes. This is the best time of year in my neighborhood. Cucumbers too. We all share....🙂 we all plant real food.🥲 I like that!

Tomorrow, I leave and will be at my moms house. Hope Rocco and Brisk get along! My mother doesn't have a fence at her house so I will have to walk Brisk with a leash because Deer live on my mothers two acres and have lived there for years.I think they would take Brisk out if he tried to join them.😐

I am hoping they will get this house done sooner then later....my house is set up for hounds.
Brisk out to drink coffee...
See you all later....🙂
Honored Contributor

hey guys

a couple thing for me

overcast and dampish today,no rain as of y et.

dh was trimming up the only bush we have in front yard, he was attacked by a wasps nest. he was able to get to the shed to grab a can of wasp spray, he began spraying the bush down, he said wasps were dropping by handfuls. he checked the bush before coming in, he said the nest was huge bigger than his hand. this bush is very full foliage so you can no see what is in the center of the bush.

my new shoes i got for walking, wore my Nike today, wow, great walkers, going to try my new balance for afternoon walk

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Just enough time to eat more melon and post something snarky on CC.

Off to the range now...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

WOW bee, you have to be brave to post on CC!🤣🤣 I think you might get removed...🤣🤣🤣🤣
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
WOW bee, you have to be brave to post on CC!🤣🤣 I think you might get removed...🤣🤣🤣🤣

@Brisky 

Just checked... where did it go? Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

🤣🤣 Who knows....maybe they deleted it....real quick🤣
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@aprilskies 

@aprilskies 

Me too!

The thing I didn't like about the Talenti is that after a while I found it to be too sweet for me.  That's another reason I stick with the coffee Haagen Das--because the other flavors are too sweet.  

And you're spot on about the creaminess being a lot of what was enjoyable.  I like to get it to the consistency of the old Dairy Queen or frozen custards soft serve.  The last one or two I had didn't melt to that stage.  

@geezerette 

@aprilskies 

Ever read the ingredients on some of the ice cream containers?  It's getting more and more difficult to find plain ol' ice cream.