@just bee wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

As for the other thing... so much to say and no way to say it.

@just bee 

I hear ya.

My old age savings are getting decimated by the day, but I figured I would be able to squeak by before the real estate got caught.  And I found out that Carla's mother just died at age ten.  So I was delighted that I only had about four years left here, thinking that would be enough time to get out.

Until I was reminded that I feed Carla the good food.

Maybe it's time I start buying Alpo again for financial self preservation.

@geezerette, all I know is I am getting pretty frustrated with what is happening.  It figures as I am close to deciding, or not, on retiring in the next few years.  Things are not going to turn around and things are only going to get worse. Everytime I go to the grocery store, the packages are half the size and in most cases, the prices higher too. There is absolutely no excuse for what is going on, none. All of it is based on lies and people are buying it. 

Small rant, I couldnt help myself - I took a trip to the grocery store tonight and I am shocked. It seems to get worse by the day. 

So many things are being changed on the back of a bug. I am still astounded every time I think about it. 

Okay, rant over. 

@aprilskies 

Ain't life grand?  We grew up and watched our Greatest Generation parents sacrifice and conserve, so we did the same and now -- just as we start thinking about retirement -- it all goes up in flames.

Sorry.  I had a horrific week at work and I'm bitterVery bitter.

@just bee, I can only imagine what you are experiencing from the fall out. But, I am thankful there are still people like you out there that care and want to make a difference. In the news lately, nurses are acting badly.  And I am sorry, if you no longer care about people and wish them ill, then get the #### out. You no longer belong in healthcare. 

At one point @just bee, you do have to assess your own mental health in all of this.  I know I have changed over the last year and half and quite frankly I am becoming disillusioned with work a bit. They are thinking about things that I am just not sure how I feel about them. How far are we going to take it. For ex, are we really going to be tagged? What in the world happened to HIPAA?  Seems like it just got tossed aside. I will stop here. 

@geezerette, yes, it is time to stay soused. 

@aprilskies 

It's bad.

We have a limited number of beds where I work and when I walked in the door last night we had three times as many patients on the census with more coming.  And every patient is more acute, more complicated.  The levels of anxiety and paranoia are off the charts.

This pandemic has wreaked havoc.  A whole generation has been destroyed.  These kids we see are just so damaged.  Being locked down with even more social media has done a real number on them.  And don't get me started on the addiction we see.  People are self-medicating on CBD/THC gummies but at ridiculous doses so they come in and they're just psychotic.

I have a problem.  I like psych.  I wouldn't mind a travel position.  My coworker is leaving to take a travel job that pays $6000 a week, but he's not staying in psychiatry.  I get email every day but there just aren't psych assignments out there.  The only other areas I'm interested in are neuroscience and hospice.  Travel assignments are mostly ICU and med/surg.  Although I did get an email about home hospice positions in Florida...

Only problem is that I don't do tropical. 

I just don't see an end to all this.  It's not getting better and we're nowhere near normal.

@just bee - I don't have much that I can say about this, because it makes me so angry except that so much of this could have been prevented. What we have done to our younger generation is unforgiveable, in my opinion. I am not gonna lie, I hope that a lot of people burn in hell when this is all over. 

@rnmom 

Burn in Hell?  Doubtful.  I think those people are running the place.

@just bee 

@aprilskies 

@rnmom 

I just started a book by someone who called this whole thing from before the beginning. 

About all I can say here is that we couldn't have avoided it, but we could have mitigated it in this country.  We have the knowledge and the ability, even with the inevitable mistakes that would have been made.  But given where our society is in the historical cycle, even if the people running the place made all the right guesses and decisions, I don't think the general population would have gone along with much of it.  We don't have the will.

It was a Perfect Storm.  All we can do now is ride it out and see who eventually survives on the other side of it.  We can learn from it.  But from what I'm seeing, that's not happening.  

@geezerette - I'd be curious, can you say the name of the  book without getting poofed? It's so sad that we have to monitor every little thing we say anymore. First Amendment, what First Amendment?  

@rnmom 

I can give it a try, but given how rigid things have gotten around here, I don't know how long it might stay up. I don't fault QVC, but it does get a bit frustrating at times. 

"Uncontrolled Spread" by Dr. Scott Gottlieb, just out last week.  I have always liked him for his intellligence and rationality.  He was on CNBC almost every day since before everything hit our shores and was right about 98% of the time.  He doesn't look at things as right or left, but common-sense wise.  

Much of the book is over my head technically, but probably not for you as a nurse.  He does explain everything in layman's terms, but nowadays stuff goes in my head and leaves immediately!

@geezerette - Thanks! If I remember I'll look for it. And if you need to take this post down, that's fine too! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- September 2021 Edition

hello all

just behind today,

did do chores,did morn walk no afternoon walk

hung clothes out on lines, all down,folded and put away.

wind shifted out of the south, more heat to build over next week along with humidity.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

did many chores today,woke up to thick fog, finally burned off about 10ish, now we are up to 88,.

did both walks, 

not much else, later guys

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here today

did normal monday chores

did take walk

did hang out clothes, showers are around further north

not much else going on here

later guys

Honored Contributor

hello all

this morn I registered on 3 sites to possibly keep going 

I registered on 

Q#loves on facebook

Delphiforums.com

Proboards.com

am all accepted to start chatting again when these q forums go black.

later guys