Respected Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- September 2021 Edition

Some homes are nice downtown. Depends really. They are older homes but some are high end homes by Lincoln Park. Majority are a good value by the hospital.
Those are medium to high. Some are low end housing.
Clifton, east of town is high crime area for where we live.
We live around Fruita in the Country. Low crime rate.

Our town is easy to maneuver in. I can get anywhere I need to go in any direction within 20 minutes.
I don't even go to Clifton though.
It is a Sellars market right now.HTH
When we moved here it was a buyers market. We got our home much cheaper then today's prices!

Downtown is highend in parts.
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Some homes are nice downtown. Depends really. They are older homes but some are high end homes by Lincoln Park. Majority are a good value by the hospital.

Our town is easy to maneuver in. I can get anywhere I need to go in any direction within 20 minutes.
When we moved here it was a buyers market. We got our home much cheaper then today's prices!

@Brisky 

Fruita was where my husband wanted to move to!

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:

@Brisky 

BH was talking about Fruita last night.  Home prices have soared.  A lot of houses in and around GJ were built in 1905. 

On our previous day trip we stopped at a little shop in Magdalena (NM) and got a vanilla milkshake.  We talked to the owner and stared at the wood floors and beautiful tin ceiling.  Original features when it was a bank in 1906.

May be an image of outdoors and brick wall

Magdalena, NM by Bridget Harrington - Michael Moore - PhotoBlog

These little towns fascinate me.  Maybe because they remind me of Prescott... before it became California.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Brisky wrote:

@Brisky 

Fruita was where my husband wanted to move to!

@geezerette 

Great minds again!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Brisky wrote:
I didn't buy the house for us...I bought it for the dogs.🤣
That's why we are remodeling the inside.🤩

@Brisky 

@just bee 

And that's the only reason I'm still sitting out here -- because of the dog.

There's a perfect place for me for sale in town right now but the dog is still too healthy to consider buying it.

@geezerette 

This sounds like a dilemma.

Could she adjust?

It's like when people want a greyhound but don't get one because they live in an apartment and they think it would be unfair to the dog. 

Meanwhile, people who own greyhounds can't get them out of their laps.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of dogs, guess who won Yahtzee today?

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Brisky wrote:

@Brisky 

BH was talking about Fruita last night.  Home prices have soared.  A lot of houses in and around GJ were built in 1905. 

On our previous day trip we stopped at a little shop in Magdalena (NM) and got a vanilla milkshake.  We talked to the owner and stared at the wood floors and beautiful tin ceiling.  Original features when it was a bank in 1906.

These little towns fascinate me.  Maybe because they remind me of Prescott... before it became California.

@just bee 

I think if I were able now, I'd like to move to a small town like that, but in the middle of the country.  Like South Dakota or Nebraska.  Yes, it's cold in the winter and hot and humid in the summer, but I think the society would be one I would like.  Although I'm sure that's much more expensive now too.  Everywhere is.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Brisky wrote:
I didn't buy the house for us...I bought it for the dogs.🤣
That's why we are remodeling the inside.🤩

@Brisky 

@just bee 

And that's the only reason I'm still sitting out here -- because of the dog.

There's a perfect place for me for sale in town right now but the dog is still too healthy to consider buying it.

@geezerette 

This sounds like a dilemma.

Could she adjust?

It's like when people want a greyhound but don't get one because they live in an apartment and they think it would be unfair to the dog. 

Meanwhile, people who own greyhounds can't get them out of their laps.

@just bee 

She wouldn't be allowed there at all.  It's a free-standing home amongst a condo complex.  No yard and she's too big anyway.

And judging by the way she can still run after her ball through the field, she wouldn't adjust to a small yard well anyway.  Wouldn't you know she'd be the healthiest animal I have?!🤦‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Speaking of dogs, guess who won Yahtzee today?

@just bee 

4BB9CAE2-80AE-4FCF-AAC8-E35E188EEF71.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Brisky wrote:

@Brisky 

@just bee 

I think if I were able now, I'd like to move to a small town like that, but in the middle of the country.  Like South Dakota or Nebraska.  Yes, it's cold in the winter and hot and humid in the summer, but I think the society would be one I would like.  Although I'm sure that's much more expensive now too.  Everywhere is.

@geezerette 

I can't believe what they're asking for absolute dumps.  Everywhere.

How long can this last?  Rent around here is increasing, too.

Somethin's gonna give.