not much today

sunny and ever so beautiful outside hung out my huge load of laundry

did morn chores,

then got walk in

not much else, later guys

Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- September 2021 Edition

@aprilskies wrote:

@Oshare-girl, I am glad you are back to normal a bit.  Meno is just so bad for some women and I hope you don’t experience it badly going forward.  I had the hot flashes and feeling clammy and my monthly was okay.  Just a few bad ones but nothing I couldn’t handle.  I was lucky and was thankful.  I was also thankful that I didn’t have the type of hot flashes that left you drenched,  it was bad enough sitting in meetings and feeling flushed and throwing off my wrap every two minutes.  I didn’t take any replacement hormones. I was not doing that unless absolutely necessary.  At the end of it, it was irritating not knowing when I was going to get a monthly so I had to carry something on me at all times. 

I know that is not helpful since you are experiencing different things but good luck. 

For me not having it is liberating. 

@aprilskies 

@Oshare-girl 

To borrow from @just bee:

053CEC14-F152-4B10-8351-5FFAAC5EE74C.jpeg

(I felt the same way.  Although I'm not fond of the weight gain.)

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Well, I can tell you decluttering didnt go as well as I would of liked. I do still have today so we will see how much I can do. Even an hours effort is better than none. 

I did manage to take 2 more big boxes of dvds to the library. That felt good. Although while there, I got inspiration to now go through the rest of the dvds and really get brutal. They were not selling for much in the book sale and I dont know if anyone was buying either. So sad. But, I better get to it while we are able to still donate. Who knows what lies ahead and I dont want this stuff in my house. 

I read on another thread that their garbage is starting to be monitored to ensure proper disposable. I always try to properly dispose but who knows how exact they will make it. 

Why is it though, the more I declutter, the worse I feel my surroundings get.  It is such a weird thing. 

Have a nice Sunday, Ladies. 

@aprilskies 

That's why I have to do a little at a time and keep going back.  I can't do one gigantic purge all at once.  It's too emotional, even if I'm tossing just normal things that have no sentimental value.  Tossing an entire drawer, for example, that's been full for many years, even with things that I haven't used for all that time or have expired, starts to send me into a bit of a panic.  But if I toss a few things and then come back to the same drawer in a month or even six, I realize not only haven't I missed what I threw out I usually can't even remember the stuff that's now gone!

As I've been gathering stuff to be donated and tossed, I look at all the boxes and bags and start thinking about all the "stuff" I bought my whole lifetime that I didn't need, use, or sometimes that I didn't even really like, I think about how much waste it all was.  Not only a waste of money (which I'd like to have back right about now), but a waste of time, energy, and just peace of mind.

Too bad I had to get so old to realize all that.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey guys

not much today

sunny and ever so beautiful outside hung out my huge load of laundry

did morn chores,

then got walk in

not much else, later guys

@viva923 

I'm coming to your house!😆

Honored Contributor

Had a nice day.  When I left this morning for the cross country meet, it was chilly.  So I had linen pants and top on. 

By noon, the sun was strong.  I had my SPF umbrella and it was a life saver.  I watched people get scorched in the sun all afternoon.  Literally turning red before my eyes.

I was worried for the kids running!  My grandson did good. 

I'm glad I made the trek.  He's worth it.Heart

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@aprilskies 

That's why I have to do a little at a time and keep going back.  I can't do one gigantic purge all at once.  It's too emotional, even if I'm tossing just normal things that have no sentimental value.  Tossing an entire drawer, for example, that's been full for many years, even with things that I haven't used for all that time or have expired, starts to send me into a bit of a panic.  But if I toss a few things and then come back to the same drawer in a month or even six, I realize not only haven't I missed what I threw out I usually can't even remember the stuff that's now gone!

As I've been gathering stuff to be donated and tossed, I look at all the boxes and bags and start thinking about all the "stuff" I bought my whole lifetime that I didn't need, use, or sometimes that I didn't even really like, I think about how much waste it all was.  Not only a waste of money (which I'd like to have back right about now), but a waste of time, energy, and just peace of mind.

Too bad I had to get so old to realize all that.

@geezerette, that is a good strategy. I wish I did the set it aside and go back to it later with some things.  I was a bit hasty at times. But, going forward, I will use that method if I have a place to store the items. When I pull things out, I rarely have a place to put them back if you know what I mean. You would think I am a hoarder, I am not, but I sure do have the tendencies. I am just lucky I get overwhelmed and then need to sort things out as best I can in that moment. 

Yes, 200% to the comment above. 200%.  The waste just gets me. Then it reminds me of all the waste throughout. I havent been really smart with money. This is my biggest obstacle right now  But, I really do want to reduce once and for all.  I am going to make a true effort on only buying what I really need going forward and not make it an excuse to go crazy.  It is tough because my brain works against me. 

Anyhow, I did manage to shift through two boxes full of paperwork. That felt good and tossed one of the boxes. I almost kept the box because it was  nice and sturdy, but no, out it went.  That is how clutter accumulates. But, sadly, that is not even a dent in the paperwork but it is a start.  I do need to keep up with the paper though.  As I shifted through, I found some receipts that I could of gotten reimbursed for that I never sent in.  Totally my fault.  I am terrible at paperwork. 

Anyway, good luck if you are still decluttering. I know you have come a long way.  Do you have much more to get rid of? 

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here

just hung out huge load of clothes, did more cleaning today.

pretty good wind so clothes should dry. more humid outside today

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Billie Chainey Full Harvest Moon September 20, 2021 and the Autumna...

Harvest moon tonight.  (Equinox September 22.)

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@Oshare-girl, I am glad you are back to normal a bit.  Meno is just so bad for some women and I hope you don’t experience it badly going forward.  I had the hot flashes and feeling clammy and my monthly was okay.  Just a few bad ones but nothing I couldn’t handle.  I was lucky and was thankful.  I was also thankful that I didn’t have the type of hot flashes that left you drenched,  it was bad enough sitting in meetings and feeling flushed and throwing off my wrap every two minutes.  I didn’t take any replacement hormones. I was not doing that unless absolutely necessary.  At the end of it, it was irritating not knowing when I was going to get a monthly so I had to carry something on me at all times. 

I know that is not helpful since you are experiencing different things but good luck. 

For me not having it is liberating. 

@aprilskies 

@Oshare-girl 

To borrow from @just bee:

053CEC14-F152-4B10-8351-5FFAAC5EE74C.jpeg

(I felt the same way.  Although I'm not fond of the weight gain.)

@geezerette 

Such an appropriate comparison, considering that every month for years I felt as if I was being disemboweled. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

11 DAYS

17 HOURS

26 MINUTES

Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta® - 2021