Honored Contributor

The Bee Hive -- September 2021 Edition

Welcome to The Bee Hive!

Prince Charles hives | Painted bee hives, Bee hives boxes, Unique bee

We already have a Bird’s Nest and a Back Fence here, so we thought the addition of a beehive would be appropriate.  To maintain the current two-word format, we chose The Bee Hive.

It’s a place where all are invited to chat about almost anything.

Join us! 🐝

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- September 2021 Edition

Hey, all you HEPcats and HEPdogs!  We had discussed making the Healthy Eating thread a monthly jam session, so I just went ahead and did a little improvisation.

This is an invite to our crazy crib where you can come and break it down! I say we go 18 karat on this and really swing.  If healthy eating’s not your bag, no problem.  But if it is, I dig.

It’s cool, I’m booted, let’s jump!

JAMMING CATS

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Another month, another attempt at HEP.  Although I doubt I'll make much progress until it cools off enough to get outside more.  

I thought I had trimmed my trees enough to avoid having to do that for at least another year, but I see that I'm going to have to tackle it again already this fall.  So that will get me off my duff.

Dumped all my outside potted plants.  They were either dead, or fast getting to that point.  I was going to buy a couple of mums to put out until it got cold, but when I looked at the prices, I gulped.  $30?  $25 for the smaller size?  Uh, nope.  I don't even like mums anyway.

I think I'll leave the pots empty.

Honored Contributor

Goodbye August Hello September Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook,  Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Another month, another attempt at HEP.  Although I doubt I'll make much progress until it cools off enough to get outside more.  

I thought I had trimmed my trees enough to avoid having to do that for at least another year, but I see that I'm going to have to tackle it again already this fall.  So that will get me off my duff.

Dumped all my outside potted plants.  They were either dead, or fast getting to that point.  I was going to buy a couple of mums to put out until it got cold, but when I looked at the prices, I gulped.  $30?  $25 for the smaller size?  Uh, nope.  I don't even like mums anyway.

I think I'll leave the pots empty.

@geezerette 

Costco had their mums yesterday which means it's officially fall.

Tempting because I don't have any potted plants on the front patio.  I did, but I had to move the geraniums to the front door where they're sheltered from sun and rain.  They don't seem to like sun and rain.  Practically invisible there.

But there's a lizard who seems to really appreciate them.  Every time I open the front door, there he is.

It's supposed to rain all day today.  Hope so.

And today is the first day of a new month so, as you said, it's another shot at HEP.  We better get serious about this.

Also, if there's anything that needs to be replaced (mascara, sponges, toothbrushes, whatever), now's the time.

Summer's dwindling...

Honored Contributor

willy.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

willy.gif

@Mz iMac 

New Garden Outdoor WELCOME TO OUR HOME HONEY BEE HIVE STEPPING STONE Rock |  eBay

Honored Contributor

My introduce myself to the hive — BuildIt

They look worried.

Honored Contributor

Hi

Home today. I’m sure I missed some posts from last month. Sending hugs to anyone in need and hope you are well.

Home today. Overcast and cool at the moment.

Remember I doubted I lost weight? I did. 😂 I’m at 24 pounds down. BP still normal. 🤷🏻‍♀️ There are some other health issues going on that id rather not get into but nothing life threatening. Overuse injuries in my hands but I’m dealing.

Looking forward to NFL starting next week. DH is beside himself- huge football fan. He played DT in college and even tried out for the Rams. 💪🏼

I need to figure out some food prep. 👋
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Hi

Home today. I’m sure I missed some posts from last month. Sending hugs to anyone in need and hope you are well.

Home today. Overcast and cool at the moment.

Remember I doubted I lost weight? I did. 😂 I’m at 24 pounds down. BP still normal. 🤷🏻‍♀️ There are some other health issues going on that id rather not get into but nothing life threatening. Overuse injuries in my hands but I’m dealing.

Looking forward to NFL starting next week. DH is beside himself- huge football fan. He played DT in college and even tried out for the Rams. 💪🏼

I need to figure out some food prep. 👋

@bikerbabe 

Twenty-four pounds???? Woman Surprised  Yowza!

Enjoy your time off and try to get a little more dancing in. Heart