Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- September 2021 Edition

👋 Yo!

Weigh-in day. 26 pounds. It’s slow but “they” claim slow is better. (Just who are “they” anyway?) probably the same ones who came up with a magical 64 oz water a day. 😂 I discovered years ago there’s no real basis for that number.

I get to renew ACLS this week. Yippee! 🎉🤣 💤
Birthday AND anniversary this week. 🥰
Will someone explain why I still fight zits in my 50s?🥸
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
👋 Yo!

Weigh-in day. 26 pounds. It’s slow but “they” claim slow is better. (Just who are “they” anyway?) probably the same ones who came up with a magical 64 oz water a day. 😂 I discovered years ago there’s no real basis for that number.

@bikerbabe 

203 Happy Birthday Bee Photos - Free & Royalty-Free Stock Photos from  Dreamstime

You two are meant to Bee Anniversary Card | Funky Pigeon

Don't get me started.  I have no idea what's happened to my skin the past few weeks and I'll be 62 next month.

Death, taxes, acne.  They're forever.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I had bad pizza this week.

I still don't understand how a restaurant can make bad pizza.  But it happens.

And it's bad.

Some things just don't belong on pizza.  Arugula is fine in salad, but it doesn't belong on pizza.  Prosciutto does not belong on pizza.

Few things are more disappointing than bad pizza.

It's sad, really.  Bad and sad.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@Oshare-girl, I am glad you are back to normal a bit.  Meno is just so bad for some women and I hope you don’t experience it badly going forward.  I had the hot flashes and feeling clammy and my monthly was okay.  Just a few bad ones but nothing I couldn’t handle.  I was lucky and was thankful.  I was also thankful that I didn’t have the type of hot flashes that left you drenched,  it was bad enough sitting in meetings and feeling flushed and throwing off my wrap every two minutes.  I didn’t take any replacement hormones. I was not doing that unless absolutely necessary.  At the end of it, it was irritating not knowing when I was going to get a monthly so I had to carry something on me at all times. 

I know that is not helpful since you are experiencing different things but good luck. 

For me not having it is liberating. 

@aprilskies 

@Oshare-girl 

To borrow from @just bee:

053CEC14-F152-4B10-8351-5FFAAC5EE74C.jpeg

(I felt the same way.  Although I'm not fond of the weight gain.)

@geezerette 

Such an appropriate comparison, considering that every month for years I felt as if I was being disemboweled. Woman Wink

@just bee 

I hadn't thought of it that way until you just mentioned it, but yeah, there is a definite resemblance between the two.

I remember having a week of emotional instability (during which OG did his best to hide), three days of being glued to my two hot pads, and then another four days of gingerly resuming life so as not to bleed all over my clothes.  Life in those days revolved around the calendar.

It left about one week out of four that I felt decent, functional and didn't frighten little children.

Hmm, now that I think about it, things haven't changed much.  Other than which body parts are malfunctioning at any given time.  I'm still lucky to get a week out of four that I feel okay.

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
👋 Yo!

@bikerbabe 

Well, congrats on the birthday, anniversary, and the weight, anyway!😆

B4E96E40-1F94-45FA-8EAE-E76E0A33ADAE.png

D46A5F1A-F675-4DFD-B2BE-79B2C0119C4F.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@aprilskies 

That's why I have to do a little at a time and keep going back.  I can't do one gigantic purge all at once.  It's too emotional, even if I'm tossing just normal things that have no sentimental value.  Tossing an entire drawer, for example, that's been full for many years, even with things that I haven't used for all that time or have expired, starts to send me into a bit of a panic.  But if I toss a few things and then come back to the same drawer in a month or even six, I realize not only haven't I missed what I threw out I usually can't even remember the stuff that's now gone!

As I've been gathering stuff to be donated and tossed, I look at all the boxes and bags and start thinking about all the "stuff" I bought my whole lifetime that I didn't need, use, or sometimes that I didn't even really like, I think about how much waste it all was.  Not only a waste of money (which I'd like to have back right about now), but a waste of time, energy, and just peace of mind.

Too bad I had to get so old to realize all that.

@geezerette, that is a good strategy. I wish I did the set it aside and go back to it later with some things.  I was a bit hasty at times. But, going forward, I will use that method if I have a place to store the items. When I pull things out, I rarely have a place to put them back if you know what I mean. You would think I am a hoarder, I am not, but I sure do have the tendencies. I am just lucky I get overwhelmed and then need to sort things out as best I can in that moment. 

Yes, 200% to the comment above. 200%.  The waste just gets me. Then it reminds me of all the waste throughout. I havent been really smart with money. This is my biggest obstacle right now  But, I really do want to reduce once and for all.  I am going to make a true effort on only buying what I really need going forward and not make it an excuse to go crazy.  It is tough because my brain works against me. 

Anyhow, I did manage to shift through two boxes full of paperwork. That felt good and tossed one of the boxes. I almost kept the box because it was  nice and sturdy, but no, out it went.  That is how clutter accumulates. But, sadly, that is not even a dent in the paperwork but it is a start.  I do need to keep up with the paper though.  As I shifted through, I found some receipts that I could of gotten reimbursed for that I never sent in.  Totally my fault.  I am terrible at paperwork. 

Anyway, good luck if you are still decluttering. I know you have come a long way.  Do you have much more to get rid of? 

@aprilskies 

No, I don't really have a lot more to do.  At least as far as knickknacks, skin care, and little stuff like that.  That's all put away in cabinets or drawers so it's out of sight and not in the way.  But there is still some of that stuff that I need to cull though.  For instance, I bought several face cleansers about a year ago but I've since changed what I use, so I have four unopened bottles and two half used bottles (different types) that are just sitting in the closet.  Since the weather is about to change, I'm waiting to see if I can use some of them.  I think skincare/cosmetics are probably one of the most difficult areas to keep up with since as much as I'd like to use the least and simplest stuff, I invariably end up switching to something else after a year or two.

My biggest decluttering quandry at this point is furniture pieces and some stuff that I feel like I have to keep just in case--like dishes in my guest room and a bunch of stuff in the garage.  If and when I can move, I'll have a much better idea of what I need.  But until then I hate to get rid of that.  Most of it isn't in the way, but it's just not being used.  And I'd have to get someone to move the furniture out, which would just leave big empty areas in the meantime.  Might as well wait for that.

And if my cat doesn't stop using my two remaining houseplants as play toys, I'm going to end up having to dump them too.  I've decided if they go, I'm not replacing them.  

I do have a closet of clothes that I haven't worn for years that I should get to.  I think I'm afraid to tackle them because I know I'll be horrified at how out of shape I am and won't be able to fit into any!

Honored Contributor

850D5598-745A-4465-AD5F-9424BCF85A49.gif

Honored Contributor

hey guys

not much here today, got bedding out and all other laundry on outside line drying.

got way more humid again, house still opened as of yet.

did morn walk  not much else, later guys

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Life in those days revolved around the calendar.

@geezerette 

No truer words.

And my computer is ______ up this morning so it took me three hours to post this.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Life in those days revolved around the calendar.

@geezerette 

No truer words.

And my computer is ______ up this morning so it took me three hours to post this.

@just bee 

Bummer.  Just what you need.

I don't think there's ever a "good" time for any basic necessity to go on the fritz.