Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- October 2022 Edition

@just bee wrote:

Strange experience last night.  No balloon glow, but they did go on with the fireworks show.

On this side of the river, I sat in my Adirondack and it was chilly, windy and rainy.  I don't think I'd ever watched fireworks in the rain.

@just bee 

Enjoy your rain.

Now we are having a drought.  It's getting pretty bad, with no relief in the extended forecast.  Not good for the crops, which have already been stressed to the limit this year.

I enjoy the dryness.  No bugs, for one thing.  It's like it used to be years ago.  But I hope it doesn't stress the trees to the point that if we get a big snow or ice storm this winter I'll end up with huge branches falling down on my driveway.🤞

Honored Contributor

hello all

i have been posting but in wrong month,

ok am now here

not much really new here

Ian has now become a cut off low in virigina which means a stuck weather pattern of very cold,damp,wet weather for several days.

did get chores done and morn walk

have clothes to fold, not much else,later guys

Honored Contributor

Yay, @viva923 is back! 👏

I think you just get so busy that you don't realize it's a whole new month!😉

We could actually use some of your rain.  I never thought I'd say that after the spring and early summer we had.

Honored Contributor

Come to CA if you want drought and 1” of rain since January.

Feeling foul today. Poor DH needs to lay low. 🙁

We have morning dove babies hiding in the backyard. 🥰 They hide on the ground briefly for several days before they can fly.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

welcome+october | Welcome October & I let you down | ecards | Pinterest

@viva923  is! Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:

We have morning dove babies hiding in the backyard. 🥰 They hide on the ground briefly for several days before they can fly.

@bikerbabe 

Those are my least favorite days.  Days when I'm just irritable and uncomfortable and shouldn't be around others.

The doves.  Ours choose the most impossible (nice way of saying stupidest) places to build their nests.  Over the garage door.  On the ladder.

We had a family on the ground outside the front window living under the rose bushes.  Where the neighbor's cat would hide her dead, caught birds.

Lovely creatures, but I suspect they're not quite as sharp as other birds.

Find something to do today to help with the crankiness.  Like a good movie.  And gelato.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Strange experience last night.  No balloon glow, but they did go on with the fireworks show.

On this side of the river, I sat in my Adirondack and it was chilly, windy and rainy.  I don't think I'd ever watched fireworks in the rain.

@just bee 

Enjoy your rain.

Now we are having a drought.  It's getting pretty bad, with no relief in the extended forecast.  Not good for the crops, which have already been stressed to the limit this year.

I enjoy the dryness.  No bugs, for one thing.  It's like it used to be years ago.  But I hope it doesn't stress the trees to the point that if we get a big snow or ice storm this winter I'll end up with huge branches falling down on my driveway.🤞

@geezerette 

Gorgeous day -- but not for balloons.  It's not raining, but if there's any wind, fuhgeddaboudit.  So no balloons went up this morning.

Crops are suffering everywhere.  And if farmers even have a crop, can they get it to consumers before it rots?

Whatever grows in Florida is going to be another problem for us.

We just need to wean ourselves off food.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:

@bikerbabe 

Those are my least favorite days.  Days when I'm just irritable and uncomfortable and shouldn't be around others.

The doves.  Ours choose the most impossible (nice way of saying stupidest) places to build their nests.  Over the garage door.  On the ladder.

We had a family on the ground outside the front window living under the rose bushes.  Where the neighbor's cat would hide her dead, caught birds.

Lovely creatures, but I suspect they're not quite as sharp as other birds.

Find something to do today to help with the crankiness.  Like a good movie.  And gelato.

@just bee 

@bikerbabe 

That's a very nice way of putting it.☺️

Honored Contributor

Just polished off three more of my fourteen online courses so I can renew my license by the end of the month.

Three more to go and these last three are psych-related (suicide in medical settings, PTSD, prescription drug abuse).

So close...

Honored Contributor

the bumble bees - Picture of Balloon Fiesta Park, Albuquerque - Tripadvisor

Haven't seen my bee favorites yet...