Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- October 2022 Edition

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

I love the October artwork!  🖼 👍

@geezerette 

You should check out the artwork I posted on the King Charles' wardrobe thread on CC...

@just bee 

Now that is what I call real art!  😍

@geezerette 

Pin by Chris Mansfield on Scotland Forever | Sean connery, Scottish man, Scottish kilts

I like that ayebrow. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

I didn't want to highjack the James Bond thread, but do you know if this is a 'Connery' plaid?

93DC8AF1-1E29-41F0-A9CC-11157659606B.jpeg

@geezerette 

It should be.Heart

Aw, are you going to make me research this?

Okay! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

Here you go...

Sir Sean Connery's widow Lady Micheline, his son Stephan and granddaughter Saskia have created the new tartan which will contain colours representing the actor's favourite place.

The new tartan will be revealed for the first time during the event which will celebrate the life of the first ever 007, Scottish Sir Sean Connery, at the Dressed To Kilt fashion show in Long Island this summer (2021).

Tartan image: Sir Sean Connery Commemorative. Click on this image to see a more detailed version.

Reference:                 13247

Designer:     Gibson, Mark

Tartan date:  14/12/2020

Registration date:  26 July 2021

Category:    Commemorative

Restrictions: Yes. This tartan is private and intended for family use only.

Can only be woven with the designer's permission.

Registration notes: This tartan commemorates Sir Sean Connery. The colours were selected to represent Scotland, the Mediterranean and the Bahamas.

Woven Sample: A woven sample of this tartan has been received by the Scottish Register of Tartans for permanent preservation in the National Records of Scotland.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

I love the October artwork!  🖼 👍

@geezerette 

You should check out the artwork I posted on the King Charles' wardrobe thread on CC...

@just bee 

Now that is what I call real art!  😍

@geezerette 

Pin by Chris Mansfield on Scotland Forever | Sean connery, Scottish man, Scottish kilts

I like that ayebrow. Woman Wink

@just bee 

But he was still the best James Bond, even being a Scot.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

Here you go...

Sir Sean Connery's widow Lady Micheline, his son Stephan and granddaughter Saskia have created the new tartan which will contain colours representing the actor's favourite place.

The new tartan will be revealed for the first time during the event which will celebrate the life of the first ever 007, Scottish Sir Sean Connery, at the Dressed To Kilt fashion show in Long Island this summer (2021).

Tartan image: Sir Sean Connery Commemorative. Click on this image to see a more detailed version.

Reference:                 13247

Designer:     Gibson, Mark

Tartan date:  14/12/2020

Registration date:  26 July 2021

Category:    Commemorative

Restrictions: Yes. This tartan is private and intended for family use only.

Can only be woven with the designer's permission.

Registration notes: This tartan commemorates Sir Sean Connery. The colours were selected to represent Scotland, the Mediterranean and the Bahamas.

Woven Sample: A woven sample of this tartan has been received by the Scottish Register of Tartans for permanent preservation in the National Records of Scotland.

@just bee 

Well, isn't that cool?!  

I like the green one better, though.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

When I'm on the Scottish Register of Tartans it's hard to find one I don't like.

It amazes me that they can still come up with new ones.

Tartan image: O’Neil-Mohabir, E & R (Personal)

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

There are several new tartans on the site and this is another that caught my... aye.

Sometimes I wish I was a Scot. Heart

Tartan image: GTS Solutions CIC

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

There are several new tartans on the site and this is another that caught my... aye.

Sometimes I wish I was a Scot. Heart

Tartan image: GTS Solutions CIC

@just bee 

Ooh!  I like this one!  

Me too.  But I'd probably end up with a crummy plaid.  There are many I don't like.  I'm not big on the ones with bunches of different colors.

Too bad we won't be able to see the Connery Plaid on the actual Connery.😢

Honored Contributor

We have a family tartan.

I’m such a mess.
I know I did the right thing but I’m really not well right now.
Poor DH is trying to help but 😢 He’s not been doing well lately either health-wise and this just adds to it. Sigh.

Going to watch some football and try not to think.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bikerbabe wrote:
We have a family tartan.

I’m such a mess.
I know I did the right thing but I’m really not well right now.
Poor DH is trying to help but 😢 He’s not been doing well lately either health-wise and this just adds to it. Sigh.

Going to watch some football and try not to think.

@bikerbabe 

Aw, sorry to hear it.  And just because you know you did the right thing doesn't make doing the right thing any easier.💔

First, you've lost a family member that has shared your life for, what, eighteen years, did you say?  And then, you've nursed her through a terminal illness this whole time and now, all of a sudden, she's gone.  Even though in our minds we can expect the inevitable, when it actually happens it's a shock--mentally, emotionally, and I think even physically too.

Add to that your job, which is super stressful by itself, and now DH not doing well either.  No wonder you're 'a mess'.  Just roll with it until it gets better.

And it will get better.  ❤️

Not thinking works for me. 👍