Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- October 2022 Edition

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Can or do they extend the Fiesta till the weather clears?

I'm ready for some sunshine.  It has rained here since Saturday.  Finally cleared tonight and we'll have nice weather for the next 2 days in the 70's, but it will be colder for the weekend.

I went for a walk tonight because I sat on my butt all day today.  Hate myself for that!  Only got about 3K steps in, but better than nothing.

Missing Mr. something fierce.  Don't know how long he'll be gone, could be for a few more weeks.

@Lucky Charm 

Nope.

Everything comes down to one thing: Our weather.  Any wind and it's a no-go.

People come from all over the country -- all over the world -- and if there's wind, the balloons won't launch.  They already canceled the gas balloon challenge.

Rained all day and all night.  Today is both Special Shapes Rodeo and Kids' Day and it looks dismal right now.  Rain expected every day through the end of Fiesta.

I imagine the field is soaked this morning and balloonists really don't like getting the envelope wet.

Sorry Mr. Charm isn't there.  But don't you think it's a good sign that he's missed?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

Uh-oh.  Another Bond thread just showed up...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Radar map looks good.  Fingers crossed for a green flag this morning.

Where are my bees?

2010 Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

Honored Contributor

It snowed in Taos.

Honored Contributor

Balloons are inflating...

Some are already in the air.  No Special Shapes yet.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh my God, I hate this town.

Just heard that Joelly, the baby bee balloon, was stolen from a hotel parking lot at 1:30 this morning.

JOELLY THE BABY BEE Pilot - Michael Glen Maricopa, AZ #PlanoBalloon #HotAirBalloon # ...

WTF.

Honored Contributor

hello all

finally we have SUN, 

house is opened up and airing. bath fans running 

not much going on here

did normal chores and morn walk

that is about all for now , see all later.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Oh my God, I hate this town.

Just heard that Joelly, the baby bee balloon, was stolen from a hotel parking lot at 1:30 this morning.

JOELLY THE BABY BEE Pilot - Michael Glen Maricopa, AZ #PlanoBalloon #HotAirBalloon # ...

WTF.

OMGosh!  How or why would someone want to get away with that?  It would seem impossible to just walk away with something so large, and I realize they are deflated overnight.  I think.  I mean if they do enough coverage about this theft, that baby won't be able to fly again.  @just bee 

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Early Thursday morning, a group of men who are part of the crew for the three bumblebee balloons noticed the baby bee “Joelly Bee” was missing. The crew said the balloon was stolen at 1:30 a.m. from the Townplace Suites Hotel by the Albuqueruqe International Sunport.

They say the bee was in a green double-door trailer that was being pulled by a red Chevy truck. They say the truck has Texas plates, and the trailer has Arizona plates. The license plate on the trailer is S-89702. The pilot also shared photos on his Facebook.

The crew says the mom and dad bees will still be flying Thursday at the Special Shape Rodeo. The pilot has reached out to the police; if you have any information, you are being asked to contact the police or Bob Romaneschi at 602-469-7262.

Bee parents, Lilly and Joey, inflated but did not fly this morning.  The pilot is partially paralyzed from what I understand so the gondola was designed especially for him. 

I'm mortified.  Disgusted.  Sad.

Honored Contributor

Police say they found the bee.