Respected Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- October 2021 Edition

I hope it is safe as I just signed up on the Wisteria Lane site.  I was not asked for a credit card and I will only do the free version. 4 kitties was taken so I am 4felines there.

It will take some time for me to learn how to post and navigate the site.  It is a bit cluttered but I hope to get the hang of it. I would be so sad to lose contact with so many here.

I did not have to give any name or address to sign up there either.  Just an email. 

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I hope it is safe as I just signed up on the Wisteria Lane site.  I was not asked for a credit card and I will only do the free version. 4 kitties was taken so I am 4felines there.

It will take some time for me to learn how to post and navigate the site.  It is a bit cluttered but I hope to get the hang of it. I would be so sad to lose contact with so many here.

I did not have to give any name or address to sign up there either.  Just an email. 

I can't believe that many of *our* nics have already been taken.

So I was told that a woman named *Bunny* is the moderator over there.

Just one moderator?

When you give your email, doesn't your name come along with it?  Not cool--for me.

Respected Contributor

My name is not in my email so I do not think so.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

My name is not in my email so I do not think so.

@4kitties 

I guess what I mean is, if I sent you a personal email to your email, my full name would appear to you.

(My email doesn't have my name it in.)

If you responded to me, you would use my email address, not my name.

Or does that just happen if someone I know emails me that is in my address book and I have their name there.

Am I making sense?

Like if a sister emails me, her name shows up, not her email in my inbox......

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

I see what you mean now.  

But members do not have access to the emails.  The lady that moderates the site said no one can see others info.  She just posted a message.  I will see if I can post it here for you to read.

Respected Contributor

123937F5-029A-4ACD-A4F4-404BDF0AEE83.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Hi all!

I’ve heard of Delphi but never bee no there.
It is interesting that so many posters who want nothing to do with FB, Twitter etc jumped without looking straight to Delphi. 😜

If I suddenly get an email from someone I don’t automatically know their name.

Not sure I’ll move to a new forum. I’m trying to get away from social media. I’ve been unhappy with FB/IG for some time. Not for the same reason as some here.

Sleep well 😴
Respected Contributor

Be careful if signing up with Delphi.  Over on CC a few are saying Delphi is secure but not Wisteria Lane.  I went yesterday and starting signing up but then stopped realizing I knew nothing about it. I couldn’t find many reviews but then again I didn’t have the energy to try hard. Glad I stopped myself. They didn’t ask for personal info though but I only got as far as entering an email I don’t use often and my name here.  Then cleared my cookies.  I don’t need another thing to worry about. 

Yes, I am double guessing social media myself too @bikerbabe.  But I quit FB years ago and rarely go on Instagram or Twitter. So other than here, I don’t use it a lot. 

I really liked the layout here too @geezerette, it was easy.  I liked the whole community too even though it could get harsh.  I will miss the forums. I wish they let it run until the end of the year.  But it was good of them to give us a heads up. 

Respected Contributor

Good Morning Bees!

Guess I am now having second thoughts about the Delphi forums.  I may delete myself there.  I am unsure about it now.  

Honored Contributor

@4kitties 

@aprilskies 

@bikerbabe 

@Lucky Charm 

That's precisely why I'm leery of any other social media site.  Especially one  that I know nothing about.  At this point in my life, I sure don't need to get hacked because I joined some rogue site in a panic.  (Although even I have heard of Delphi.  I just can't remember what I heard!😆)

I did go there and looked at what I could without signing up, which wasn't much.  I know anything new freaks me out, but I just don't know if I want to get involved with that.  So, I'll wait and see what others are doing.

Quite honestly, I'd just like to be able to exchange email addresses with a select few here in The Hive and a couple of other threads I frequent.  Which is probably impossible.  I'm just not sure I want to get involved with a whole 'nother social media site.  

I must have slept about two hours total last night.  And feel like 💩 this morning.  To add insult to injury, my coffee maker decided to quit midstream this morning.😖  Two days after I decided not to buy the Keurig TSV, which is now almost sold out.  I even had checked out the coffee makers at Walmart yesterday and decided I didn't need one of those either. The one time I regret not buying something.  Sometimes I just can't win.

I don't feel any better about this whole thing today than I did yesterday.