Respected Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- October 2021 Edition

All I can say is I relate to the whole conversation, every last bit of it @just bee @geezerette.  And once again, I had this whole thing written - twice- and just deleted it. I just dont know what is too much as I have so much to say but it just feels so sad. So, I had to swallow my words. 

How are the new boards going? I havent signed on yet. I guess I just dont want to deal with it right now. New email, some are having challenges so mentally I just dont have the patience. I still have some time so I will look into in later. 

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

But I don't dare talk about any of this in depth to anyone I know because they'd think I'd lost it.  Which maybe I have.  Nobody I know seems to take all this as seriously as I do.🤷‍♀️

@geezerette 

Most of the people I work with are much younger and aren't at the point where they realize the decisions they're making now will haunt them in the future.

The future, for them, is still way, way out there.

As weird as things are, I'm still glad I'm not them.  I don't think they know that their options are dwindling.

@just bee 

No, they don't know.  Young people think they're invincible.  I could never imagine getting old when I was young.  I can't imagine getting any older than I am now.  I just never could imagine what my future might be.

I do often think I wish I'd known when I was in my twenties how my life choices were going to affect my older lifestyle.  I would have knocked off the junk food and eaten more veggies.

I was cool and didn't think much about aging until I hit about 60.  Then all of sudden everything seemed to start giving out on me.  A decade later I think, geez, it's gonna get even worse than this!

My mother used to say she was glad she wasn't a young person.  Now I say the same thing.  But the young people don't know that one day they'll be saying the same thing too.

@geezerette 

It never made sense to me that the biggest decisions a person had to make -- decisions that affected everything after they were made -- had to be made when the person was in their teens or early 20s.

@just beesure, I agree .  But there are so many times in life someone can pivot and change course.  But you have to be willing to take risks and chances. I feel I never took enough risks and now find myself with, quite frankly, too many regrets.  But, I too was just never one to deal with decisions and never really made any.  I could be a crossroads and just didnt know what to do. So, indecision took care of it for me. I had all this time you see, it would work out. ..... and here we are. And the young will get here and wonder what happened. Life in the teens seems like it goes so slowly and then you wake up and decades have passed. 

I think we are trained to follow a certain trajectory, you have to do this in your teens, this is your 20's, now you have to get serious in your 30''s, 40's brings on a different mindset, so on and so forth. The truth of the matter, age doesnt really mean a darn thing. Not until now, when I find I am falling apart in my mid-50's. 

Life is just weird.  Sometimes I wish I had nomadic gypsy parents that  traveled everywhere and just breathed in life experiences. 

Trusted Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Oshare-girl wrote:

Sheesh, I'm gone for a week and it's chaos! I haven't read through the whole thread but I will go wherever you all go. I'll set up a new email meet you all at the new platform. I remember us discussing this in the past and it's finally happening. Or not. Until the Q says so.

@Oshare-girl 

Hey, you snooze, you lose! 😆

Glad you turned up in time for all this chaos.  We would have hated to have the train leave the station without you on it.❤️

If the train is leaving...🤷‍♀️

@geezerette I'm still here!! Don't leave without me! Woman Very Happy

I set up a new gmail just in case. I get the feeling that this will eventually end. I still need to check out that proboards thingie.

Still haven't read through all of the thread for this first week of October...but stumbled across Brisko's comment about her furbaby. My sincere condolences. It's one of the most difficult things to lose a pet.

And wow, so much discussion about the forum! The only other thread I will miss besides this one is the what did you use up this week. It gets me excited to finish products.

As for me, having DD in a different, albeit similar, country has been educational. I love that she's meeting people from around the world! And she's able to see her own country from a different perspective. You know the Canadians think we're nuts, LOL. And we usually get a pass from people because we are from HI but not the Canadians. We're still viewed as nuts with the rest of the continental US. I love chatting with her and hearing about all the things she's experiencing. And I'm so jealous of the fall weather there. She sends pictures of the beautiful trees turning colors. While we are still in the mid-80s over here. And it's nice to be appreciated. She misses my cooking. Heart

It's also nice to have quality time with DS. Now he has a chance to talk. His sister has been the chatty one and would always fill in the gaps. We also have a lot more time to put into his activities. He and DH are currently on another island checking out a cross country course for a future meet. It's great to see him thrive and mature. 

The kitten sisters are becoming a handful. One is super persistent. If she wants something, she's keep coming back from it. I shoo her away and she keeps coming back. The other can be defiant, LOL. I scolded her for knocking down everything from the top of a chest and she swiped at my finger. She's so cute I can't be mad. She has also started "stalling" at bedtime. I put them in a different room at night and she has now started running to big brother cat's litterbox when it's bedtime. I also can't keep any plants in the house. I have a lucky bamboo plant that's been growing for several years. In just a few days, they have decimated it. They are so affectionate most of the time that I just love them to pieces. I'm so glad we found them!

Ok, I better catch up on this thread so I know what's going on!

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Well, all I have to say is if the Mods wanted us to stop arguing about COVID and masks, they certainly found an ingenious way to do it.

Now we can just argue about the forums coming and going.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This whole thing is just getting to be a bit strange. 

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Well, all I have to say is if the Mods wanted us to stop arguing about COVID and masks, they certainly found an ingenious way to do it.

Now we can just argue about the forums coming and going.

E6C992EA-2F37-44A3-97C2-1A15FB61A75B.jpeg

Who doesn't a good cat fight?????  Honestly, I dont even think the subject matters - it could be over the color pink. You have to love it. 

Trusted Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
I guess we're headed to the ProBoards. Well, I have never saw myself as a Pro at anything. Now I will have something to brag about.😎

Thanks for your words about my pup. He didn't suffer and I knew it was coming.... Definitely not thrilled but he missed Rosey alot. They belonged together.❤

Going to check out these boards! Hmm, I will be lost for sure...🙄
I might need help...🤣

@Brisky I'm so sorry for your loss. Having passed in his sleep, that's the best we can all hope for. Glad your furbabies are back together again.

Trusted Contributor

All my girls love beauty. The kittens have discovered my makeup brushes. There's one in particular that they always go for, a Laura Mercier double ended travel sized brush. I love it too so I don't blame them. I had to hide it in my drawer. It's a good thing they don't have thumbs or they'd be in those drawers in no time. It reminds me of when DD was little and always touching my makeup.

Trusted Contributor

I just checked out proboards and see the Qforum however it is now private. I would need to register to view anything. Just want to check that @just bee is still planning to post there. 

Honored Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

All my girls love beauty. The kittens have discovered my makeup brushes. There's one in particular that they always go for, a Laura Mercier double ended travel sized brush. I love it too so I don't blame them. I had to hide it in my drawer. It's a good thing they don't have thumbs or they'd be in those drawers in no time. It reminds me of when DD was little and always touching my makeup.

@Oshare-girl 

Now this is hysterical!  😂

Honored Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

I just checked out proboards and see the Qforum however it is now private. I would need to register to view anything. Just want to check that @just bee is still planning to post there. 

@Oshare-girl 

I won't speak for @just bee , except to say she has already set up a Bee Hive thread in Among Friends there.😉