Respected Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- October 2021 Edition

I am very skeptical.  The wording of that banner is vague.............

I will be staying with the new forum because I do not feel sure this one is going to be around much longer.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Sheesh. I go away for a few hours….

😂

I do hope everyone understands that it’s only a matter of time before these outdated boards go bye-bye. It may have been postponed but it’s coming eventually. I must snicker at the complaints over advertising on another board given all the problems with pop-ups that people had here. 😂

I am not unjoining either place. Honestly, I think I prefer to post over there for a change. Easier on my phone.
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Gotta get @aprilskies to join the mass exodus.

@just bee 

And I hope @rnmom shows up soon too.  And @Oshare-girl.  She doesn't come often, so I hope she sees this before it's all gone!

Like rats on a sinking ship...

@just bee @geezerette Thank you.  I haven’t signed up yet. I tried once and was not doing it right. It looks good over there.  The ladies have done a great job on setting that up. I will try and tackle it soon.  

I hope @rnmom and @Oshare-girl see it and sign up as well.  

Interesting though, QVC is keeping these forums open now.  I wouldn’t of thought it.  I am still glad the other board was started,  it gave everyone a landing pad and now if these boards are removed without warning everyone isn’t lost.   We have a real community here despite the bickering.  I just wish everyone could just stop with the reporting on each other.  We can all disagree and have the ability to not read and move on. 

I still give qvc credit though despite dropping a bomb.  They gave us time.  It could of been worse. 

@aprilskies 

After I got over my anger about the closing, I had to realize that without the Q boards I never would have gotten a chance to meet all the nifty people that I have here.  I was ready to leave peacefully and go elsewhere.

Now, I'm ticked off again.  And I don't trust them at all.  And I'm even less inclined to spend my money with them now than I was when the board closing was posted.

@geezerette I agree.  They should of given it much more thought and analyzed how many people come here everyday and how many guests they have as well. This was a big community.  ....and really like family. I think they have lost a lot of trust for sure.  

Yes, I am grateful too for everyone I have met and specifically all you ladies in the Bee hive.  I stopped posting as much in other threads just due to time.   

I guess we will see what happens.  This is all so fresh. 

@aprilskies 

Fresh as a compound fracture. Woman Mad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Sheesh. I go away for a few hours….

😂

I do hope everyone understands that it’s only a matter of time before these outdated boards go bye-bye. It may have been postponed but it’s coming eventually. I must snicker at the complaints over advertising on another board given all the problems with pop-ups that people had here. 😂

I am not unjoining either place. Honestly, I think I prefer to post over there for a change. Easier on my phone.

@bikerbabe 

A lot of people here invested their time and energy into creating a place for the rest of us to go.  Now what?

It's just unfortunate.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

If someone created an account over there, keeping both is wise. As said before, who knows how long this place will last and if people are given a warning next time. I dont see them not warning folks but who knows. 

Plus, I am sure not all posters will post in both places so now you have access to everyone. 

Yes, for sure, kudos to those ladies who got it set up. A lot of effort in such a short period of time is amazing.  

Honored Contributor

I don't think this board will last long here and if it does, I doubt it will stay the same.  It's already changed since many have left and won't be back.

I don't fault QVC for wanting or needing to close the forum.  I don't think it makes much sense given what they're trying to promote and the nature of social media today.  But it's their company and their choice.  I have a suspicion that all the infighting that needed to be moderated here, along with just the nature of "misinformation" now, that perhaps the whole thing got too far out of hand for them to keep as a sideline.

My biggest beef with them is how they did it.  A puny blurry little notice giving us not quite a whole month to react.  And now this turnaround!  Makes me not trust a thing they say.  

Unless of course, they come back with a bigger and better forum.  Here, not on some other site.  Which I always thought was stupid anyway.  The young people they want to attract don't use Facebook and the old ones that do shop here don't use it either!  

Honored Contributor

Is our @just bee looking up to the sky right now?  With a glass of red in her hand?  

If you are <clink> Cheers!

We got the yard done, looks so nice.  Supposed to rain tomorrow at some point and I think on Sunday, too. 

Very mild here.  I walked the beach with a neighbor later this afternoon, caught low tide.  Water is still warm.  Surfers are happy.  There was a wedding on the beach at dusk.  Found a nice hunk of driftwood to use as a doorstop.

Funny thing, I kept wanting to say to my neighbor 'I can't believe they're closing down the boards'.  !!!  She would have no idea what I was talking about.

I don't mistrust Q.  At all.  And I'm a *leary* kind of person, believe me!

Trusted Contributor

Sheesh, I'm gone for a week and it's chaos! I haven't read through the whole thread but I will go wherever you all go. I'll set up a new email meet you all at the new platform. I remember us discussing this in the past and it's finally happening. Or not. Until the Q says so.

Honored Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

Sheesh, I'm gone for a week and it's chaos! I haven't read through the whole thread but I will go wherever you all go. I'll set up a new email meet you all at the new platform. I remember us discussing this in the past and it's finally happening. Or not. Until the Q says so.

@Oshare-girl 

Hey, you snooze, you lose! 😆

Glad you turned up in time for all this chaos.  We would have hated to have the train leave the station without you on it.❤️

If the train is leaving...🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Is our @just bee looking up to the sky right now?  With a glass of red in her hand?  

If you are <clink> Cheers!

We got the yard done, looks so nice.  Supposed to rain tomorrow at some point and I think on Sunday, too. 

Very mild here.  I walked the beach with a neighbor later this afternoon, caught low tide.  Water is still warm.  Surfers are happy.  There was a wedding on the beach at dusk.  Found a nice hunk of driftwood to use as a doorstop.

Funny thing, I kept wanting to say to my neighbor 'I can't believe they're closing down the boards'.  !!!  She would have no idea what I was talking about.

I don't mistrust Q.  At all.  And I'm a *leary* kind of person, believe me!

@Lucky Charm 

Sounds like a perfect day.  And a free doorstop, too! Heart

Funny about wanting to complain to your neighbor about the forums.  I can't talk about this to anyone outside the forums except BH.

Waiting for the balloons this morning...