Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- November 2022 Edition

@Lucky Charm 

Did you say you had an eye appointment?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Why is the university I graduated from 40 years ago still asking me for money?

The other two colleges I graduated from don't beg like this.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Why are all these people in the news croaking in their 60s?

And, no, they don't all live in Albuquerque.

@just bee 

A reminder to eat your veggies...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

@Lucky Charm 

Did you say you had an eye appointment?

Yes, it was a follow up.  Back in Sept (?), I was working in the yard, a storm was brewing across the bay which was to my left.  But I saw flashes of light to my right--blue skies over the Atlantic. 

Happened about 4 times in 2 mins.  First I thought I was going crazy. 

So, of course, I googled.Woman Very Happy

It said *get thee medical attention immediately*.

Luckily, an ophthalmologist in town took me right away, as in minutes.  So no torn retina or whatever could've happened.  Eyesight is still 20/20 with no glasses.  BUT...

There's always a big but--right?

Sometimes I see what I call *fruit flies* out the corner of my eye.

I no longer try to swat at them....

ETA:  @just bee  and add two three commas...lol

Honored Contributor

hello all

normal chores today prepped for tomrrow cleaning of liviin/dining room  areas.

did get my walk in

sunny but a very brisk nor'west wind today

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

Good to hear you have no serious damage to your eyes. 

I'm constantly seeing things out of the corner of my eye.  Or at least I think I do.  There's never anything there.

My eyes are getting worse, and at my last appointment the doctor (a new one) said I have one of those problems that may be nothing or may be serious.  Oh geez, I hate when they say that.  Am I supposed to sign up now for a leader dog or should I just go on with life?  She wants to monitor me so now I have to go in twice a year instead of once.  I don't know if she's being legitimately cautious or just wanting to impress the nw boss with extra billings.

I haven't gone back in to get my new glasses yet either.  I was going to just put new lenses in the glasses I got a couple of years ago that I've never worn yet, but I thought I'd better wear them for a bit to see if I actually like them. So I have and I don't. 

I hate to spend more money for new frames and lenses but I also don't want to be stuck wearing glasses I don't like until they wear out.  

I think I have to put these in the category of things I actually should be spending money on because I do need them.  It just seems like there have been so many of those expenses lately.

I need to be more like the general population and just ignore everything.  Fiddle Dee Dee...I'll think about that tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hello all

normal chores today prepped for tomrrow cleaning of liviin/dining room  areas.

did get my walk in

sunny but a very brisk nor'west wind today

ok guys later.

@viva923 

Crazy windy here, too!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Eyesight is still 20/20 with no glasses. 

@Lucky Charm 

How cool is that?

Sometimes I wonder if I ever had 20/20 vision...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I think I have to put these in the category of things I actually should be spending money on because I do need them.  It just seems like there have been so many of those expenses lately.

I need to be more like the general population and just ignore everything.  Fiddle Dee Dee...I'll think about that tomorrow.

@geezerette 

Yup.  Unfortunately I've ignored my eye doctor and now I can't get an appointment until next year.

I should call now that I'm thinking of it...

Honored Contributor

Or not.