@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving, Dodger Dogs!

😱

🤣

@geezerette 

Character of the Week: Barney the Dinosaur : CharacterRant

Just hoping this guy's next.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- November 2021 Edition

@geezerette 

What's with all the Costner movies on cable today?  It's not his birthday.

I came in on the end of Field of Dreams and I still snotted up.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Trying to watch Mr. Brooks.  Feels like a Peloton commercial.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

I've been thinking about Wyoming again.  Discovered an interesting website.  Cowboy State Daily (dot com).  All the news of Wyoming and daily photos of Wyoming sunrises.

Also having fantasies of Boise.

For a long time I settled with the idea of dying in New Mexico.  Now I'm thinking I'll probably just be killed here.

It's bad.  Seriously bad.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

@just bee 

I was wondering the same thing.  I thought maybe he had a share of Paramount.  I think Draft Day is on again today.

I don't mind at all.  Field of Dreams is a favorite, although I don't exactly know why.

The one that got me snotty was The Guardian.  I'd never seen that before.  The ending.  😭

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

I've been thinking about Wyoming again.  Discovered an interesting website.  Cowboy State Daily (dot com).  All the news of Wyoming and daily photos of Wyoming sunrises.

For a long time I settled with the idea of dying in New Mexico.  Now I'm thinking I'll probably just be killed here.

@just bee 

Not to downplay your angst, but it's seriously bad everywhere.

Well, maybe not everywhere.  But a lot of places.

The problem is, if you do want to relocate, the longer you wait the harder it is.  In order to find a place that suits you, you have to actually go there first.  

And then there's deciding on priorities.  Always have to give something up to gain something else.

In the meantime the clock just keeps ticking.  By the time we got "ready" to relocate, it was too late.  I was afraid that if we went through a momentous move cross country, one of us would end up with a serious health problem.  I've seen that happen too many times to risk it.  As it turned out, I was right.😢

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WY is beautiful but I’d get run out of town pretty quickly.

Can’t move right now with DH. I’m not that unhappy where we currently live. It’s mainly the weather. Overall, I love CA for some of the same reasons others here seem to hate it. I find myself moving farther left as I age and can’t relate at all to much of the other end of the spectrum. Someday, if family is still around, I’d probably choose OR. If not, WA or CO. If I really wanted to make a radical move, maybe VT.

I think we tend to get needlessly overparalyzed by change? Most of my “what ifs?” never materialize. Change happens even when we dig in and resist it. It's not always bad and it's part of the cycle of life. It's hardest when we lose someone we love and we're challenged to keep moving forward. I believe our loved ones want us to live and be happy. On bad days it's good to stop and look, smell, and listen. There is always beauty out there, waiting for us to recognize it. Some days I have to squint my eyes. 😂🧐

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

@just bee 

I was wondering the same thing.  I thought maybe he had a share of Paramount.  I think Draft Day is on again today.

I don't mind at all.  Field of Dreams is a favorite, although I don't exactly know why.

The one that got me snotty was The Guardian.  I'd never seen that before.  The ending.  😭

@geezerette 

I can't remember if I've seen that one.  Sela Ward is in it.  I like her.  She is just stunningly attractive.

For Love of the Game is on right now.

Another Costner day.

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:

WY is beautiful but I’d get run out of town pretty quickly.

Can’t move right now with DH. I’m not that unhappy where we currently live. It’s mainly the weather. Overall, I love CA for some of the same reasons others here seem to hate it. I find myself moving farther left as I age and can’t relate at all to much of the other end of the spectrum. Someday, if family is still around, I’d probably choose OR. If not, WA or CO. If I really wanted to make a radical move, maybe VT.

I think we tend to get needlessly overparalyzed by change? Most of my “what ifs?” never materialize. Change happens even when we dig in and resist it. It's not always bad and it's part of the cycle of life. It's hardest when we lose someone we love and we're challenged to keep moving forward. I believe our loved ones want us to live and be happy. On bad days it's good to stop and look, smell, and listen. There is always beauty out there, waiting for us to recognize it. Some days I have to squint my eyes. 😂🧐

@bikerbabe 

You might like New Mexico. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

@just bee 

Not to downplay your angst, but it's seriously bad everywhere.

Well, maybe not everywhere.  But a lot of places.

The problem is, if you do want to relocate, the longer you wait the harder it is.  In order to find a place that suits you, you have to actually go there first.  

And then there's deciding on priorities.  Always have to give something up to gain something else.

In the meantime the clock just keeps ticking.  By the time we got "ready" to relocate, it was too late.  I was afraid that if we went through a momentous move cross country, one of us would end up with a serious health problem.  I've seen that happen too many times to risk it.  As it turned out, I was right.😢

@geezerette 

I knew when it was time to leave California so, when we had the opportunity to transfer with our company, we did.  The list of possible places that the company was considering was long.  The places were all fabulous except one.  I knew immediately that that would be the final choice.

So I knew going into this that Albuquerque and New Mexico had issues.  But I was more optimistic 26 years ago. I figured it would change.

By change, I mean improve.  Keep what's good and ditch the not-so good.

That didn't happen.