Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- May 2023 Edition

ducks | White Stone Farm

Q: Why do ducks have feathers?

A: To cover their butt quacks, of course.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

IMG_6519.jpeg

If you think you're having a bad day......

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
First up on my news feed:

Arkansas woman pleads not guilty to selling over 20 boxes of stolen human body parts. Sold through Facebook for over $11,000.😬

@bikerbabe 

Huh.  Not on our local news this morning, although the morning news is always a rehash so I'll be curious to see if it makes the evening news.

Our local story today is the son of a, uh, "politician" in state today for a required in person trial.

@geezerette 

Ah, yes.  The starving artist.

@just bee 

Neither side knows how much money they make, so the circus will continue in July. 🤡

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Just got home.

Because I'm all about a healthy lifestyle, BH, WGD and I braved ABQ roads and some sketchy neighborhoods to drive across town to visit Prairie Dog Park (not its official name -- it just has a lot of prairie dogs) and the nearby Chocolate Cartel.  One cartel I'm happy to have operating in our city.

If you recall, it's also home to Van Rixel Bros.' gelato.  Passed on the sorbet because we like our sugar with lots of fat.

Picked up Stracciatella, Ultra Dark Chocolate, Carrot Cake, Lemon Chiffon, and Garam Masala Spiced Chai.

I can overlook that the label says Garam Marsala.  I don't think there's any Marsala in the gelato.

But that would be good, too.

I think the Stracciatella will work well after tonight's linguine and clams.

@just bee 

But of course!  Is there any other way?  

Sounds like you made some good choices. 😋

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
First up on my news feed:

Arkansas woman pleads not guilty to selling over 20 boxes of stolen human body parts. Sold through Facebook for over $11,000.😬

@bikerbabe 

Huh.  Not on our local news this morning, although the morning news is always a rehash so I'll be curious to see if it makes the evening news.

Our local story today is the son of a, uh, "politician" in state today for a required in person trial.

@geezerette 

Ah, yes.  The starving artist.

@just bee 

Neither side knows how much money they make, so the circus will continue in July. 🤡

@geezerette 

People with real jobs know exactly how much they make.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Geez, I've been yammering to my neighbors that I hear a fox howling during the night and even during the day.

I did read that we have a lot of foxes here.  I've seen one in my back yard a while ago.

So my (kind of) elderly neighbor walks her little Min Pin early morning (like dawn) and after dark and I've warned her.

Come to find out, the sound I am hearing is an old golden retriever that howls to go inside.  What a horrible sound it makes! 

They only let it out for a few minutes to go, and then it must stand at the back door and makes this ungodly sound.

So it's not foxes I hear.  And they do make a crazy wicked sound.  But no one need not fear, it's not a fox....

Honored Contributor

I'm a cooking fool tonight.  Made chicken caccitore (I call it Kitchen Chacitore) and barbequed drum sticks.  Remind me to make some penne in the a.m.

Pour moi, I made a small red skinned potato and am enjoying with some sea salt, cracked pepper and a bit of walnut oil.  It's a little snack to keep me from getting into the veggie stix....

I cook my food in a countertop toaster oven, I don't think I've ever used the big oven for something for me.  And I don't cook meat in my toaster over.  It's kinda like *keeping it kosher* cooking.  I'm wierd, I know!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

I'm reminding you to make some penne this morning. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@rnmom 

The situation's negative enough -- I don't need the addition of everything awful I have to look forward to beyond the already awful treatment.

Like you, most people I've heard from have been encouraging and I don't think any one of them has sugarcoated their experience.

I appreciate your support.  Thanks! Heart

Bonnet Full of Bees: Bee Strong

Honored Contributor

Happy Tuesday Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter