Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- May 2023 Edition

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Can you believe it's been four years this week since our house fire?

Пин от пользователя Stephanie Vivier на доске GIF | Часы, Песочные часы, Художественные постеры

@just bee 

Wow, already?!

@geezerette 

Strange, isn't it?

And I still have unpacked boxes. Woman Embarassed

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
@Lucky Charm
Oh my gosh! Kiwis taste soooo good. Seriously, I’d think you would love them.

I need a new toothbrush.

I know I am a bit of a mental health disaster lately. 😢 I have some things to work through.

I don’t really like the term bucket list, but one thing I really would like to do someday is get together with someone who knows how to use the telescope out in the middle of nowhere and look at the night sky, preferably somewhere in the desert.

Oddly enough, I would not like living in the desert, but I haven’t been out in several years and I admit I do miss it. Nice place to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there.🤣

It’s raining this morning and the Apple weather app not only doesn’t mention rain in the forecast, it doesn’t even acknowledge it’s currently raining. 🤣 Chance of rain and thunderstorms the next few days.

@bikerbabe 

Maybe a quick trip to Oregon?  You seem to really enjoy yourself there.  You come back refreshed.  And I bet it's not lit up at night, maybe you could check out a planetarium while there?

I've been meaning to get binoculars because there's a really nice bird sanctuary on the 9th Street Bridge --there's always a crowd there.  Disclaimer:  I am not a bird watcher, but what the heck....

I'd love to get a telescope for our back deck, but I'm sure they are pricey.  $$$

Speaking of birds, on Saturday I saw a *grounded* bird right close to the surf line.  I walked up to it slowly as I was taking pics of it.  Then I realized it was injured (I'm pretty sure.) 

I have the worst feeling of regret that I didn't do something about it.  It looked like a white pelican--no big bill, beautiful blue eyes.  It was a litttle upset that I got so close to it.  I don't think they are common here.

Only a handful of people on the beach, no one close by.  I came home and googled and we do have a bird rescue/ animal rescue right here in town.  I loaded their number on my cell.  I can't stand the feeling I have about it.Woman Sad

@Lucky Charm 

Maybe you could give them a call and ask how they would like people to handle these things so you'll know what's doable next time you see an ailing creature.

Who knows?  Maybe they were alerted and were able to find the bird and bring it to the sanctuary.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
@Lucky Charm

I need a new toothbrush.

I know I am a bit of a mental health disaster lately. 😢 I have some things to work through.

I don’t really like the term bucket list, but one thing I really would like to do someday is get together with someone who knows how to use the telescope out in the middle of nowhere and look at the night sky, preferably somewhere in the desert.

Oddly enough, I would not like living in the desert, but I haven’t been out in several years and I admit I do miss it. Nice place to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there.🤣

It’s raining this morning and the Apple weather app not only doesn’t mention rain in the forecast, it doesn’t even acknowledge it’s currently raining. 🤣 Chance of rain and thunderstorms the next few days.

@bikerbabe 

Maybe a quick trip to Oregon?  You seem to really enjoy yourself there.  You come back refreshed.  And I bet it's not lit up at night, maybe you could check out a planetarium while there?

I've been meaning to get binoculars because there's a really nice bird sanctuary on the 9th Street Bridge --there's always a crowd there.  Disclaimer:  I am not a bird watcher, but what the heck....

I'd love to get a telescope for our back deck, but I'm sure they are pricey.  $$$

Speaking of birds, on Saturday I saw a *grounded* bird right close to the surf line.  I walked up to it slowly as I was taking pics of it.  Then I realized it was injured (I'm pretty sure.) 

I have the worst feeling of regret that I didn't do something about it.  It looked like a white pelican--no big bill, beautiful blue eyes.  It was a litttle upset that I got so close to it.  I don't think they are common here.

Only a handful of people on the beach, no one close by.  I came home and googled and we do have a bird rescue/ animal rescue right here in town.  I loaded their number on my cell.  I can't stand the feeling I have about it.Woman Sad

@Lucky Charm 

Maybe you could give them a call and ask how they would like people to handle these things so you'll know what's doable next time you see an ailing creature.

Who knows?  Maybe they were alerted and were able to find the bird and bring it to the sanctuary.

@just bee 

I hope, it's actually haunting me.Woman Sad

I'm waiting on 2 important phone calls and stressing about that right now, I hate telling someone to hold on and taking the other call.  And they may not even happen till late this evening.  I don't want either to go to voicemail.

Who was the author of the Back Fence?

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I'm trying to get back on track with a healthy diet this month.

Mexican food discussion isn't helping.

@geezerette 

We used to eat a lot of New Mexican food and frequented local restaurants.  Add the salsa and chips, the sopaipillas and the beer and margaritas, and the calories add up fast.

We have since revised how we satisfy the urge for Mexican/New Mexican food.

One way is to season some chicken and make something similar to street tacos.  BH will sauté vegetables like Mexican squash, zucchini, assorted bell peppers, maybe corn or onions, and we'll fill small flour tortillas to make simple tacos.

Can always add rice and/or black beans to the taco, but neither are necessary.  A little shredded cheese, a smidge of sour cream or avocado won't be a bad thing, either.  These are small tortillas and they're actually much better with less in them.  I like a little chicken and slightly more vegetables.

Nothing unhealthy, yet tasty and filling.

Honored Contributor

hello guys

am here

was actually behind by another day. thought there was a 31 days for april. nope. caught up calendars turned over.

dh is relaxing now. he helped me do cleaning this morn. he helped me do the outside windows. easy to do pop them open and unlock and pull them to inside of house and windex them. have not done them in 2 years. well they are all cleaned.

semi sunny today very cool windy day

neighbors across street had their roof of house and shed reshingled. the company who did them, began at 8am and finished with clean up by 1pm gone.

not much else. ok guys later

oh yes, i walked up the first block from my house and did the whole block and walked home. foot did excellent. going to give it another shot in a little bit.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Lucky Charm 

@just bee 

I hope, it's actually haunting me.Woman Sad

I'm waiting on 2 important phone calls and stressing about that right now, I hate telling someone to hold on and taking the other call.  And they may not even happen till late this evening.  I don't want either to go to voicemail.

Who was the author of the Back Fence?

@Lucky Charm 

It was Bird mama. Heart

Don't get stressed about the calls.

And contact the sanctuary for advice because, if you don't, you'll be haunted forever.

Honored Contributor

We ran into our police officer friend at the bosque today and he recommends a port, too.

So far, a port in the chest is the way to go according to anyone I've asked.

So... port it is.

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
@Lucky Charm

I need a new toothbrush.

@bikerbabe 

Cooler, wetter weather sounds good to me.

What would help you get through this rough patch? Heart

Honored Contributor

First up on my news feed:

Arkansas woman pleads not guilty to selling over 20 boxes of stolen human body parts. Sold through Facebook for over $11,000.😬
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
First up on my news feed:

Arkansas woman pleads not guilty to selling over 20 boxes of stolen human body parts. Sold through Facebook for over $11,000.😬

@bikerbabe 

Such a deal. Woman Wink

Lately I read news stories and have to check if I'm reading The Onion.

Unfortunately, it's never The Onion.